RadioBOSS 5.9 [beta]

jpp

Member
djsoft said:
The rules define the amount to change the priority. "Decrease by 0" means do not change priority, e.g. 50 - 0 = 50. You should set some number e.g. 30.

The fact is that bigest playcount songs started to play less, but it could be because of the other priorities.
Thank you
 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
jpp said:
The fact is that bigest playcount songs started to play less, but it could be because of the other priorities.
It is because you increased priority for less played songs. Decreasing priority for songs that play more than average will make things even better.
 

jpp

Member
jpp said:
"Decrease by 0" means do not change priority, e.g. 50 - 0 = 50. You should set some number e.g. 30.

Is there a way to check what priority number a song has?
(i've tried song properties... i see de data for title, artist, etc... where the wave form appears, but i didn't spot the priorities.)
 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
jpp said:
Is there a way to check what priority number a song has?
No, it is calculated when the playlist is created and only usied internally. It's not a property like Artist, Title that is shown in tag editor.
 

jpp

Member
djsoft said:
No, it is calculated when the playlist is created and only usied internally. It's not a property like Artist, Title that is shown in tag editor.

So, it's impossible to check if priorities are being applied according to the rules we create
 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
jpp said:
So, it's impossible to check if priorities are being applied according to the rules we create
Currently it is not possible, but you should see the results in the playlist created.

NickPollock said:
Is there a limit on the amount of Tags you can put with a song?
There's no limit in RadioBOSS, so you can assign any number of tags you need.
 

madbeatz

Member
Hi,

Experiencing truncation on set block intro and outro jingles during adverts. Issue started with 5.9.0.5 and still present in 5.9.0.8. Any ideas?
 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
madbeatz said:
Experiencing truncation on set block intro and outro jingles during adverts. Issue started with 5.9.0.5 and still present in 5.9.0.8. Any ideas?
Can you please provide more details on this issue?
 

madbeatz

Member
djsoft said:
madbeatz said:
Experiencing truncation on set block intro and outro jingles during adverts. Issue started with 5.9.0.5 and still present in 5.9.0.8. Any ideas?
Can you please provide more details on this issue?

Fixed - the intro/outro was impacted by the generic cross fade settings. Resolved by enabling the Do Not crossfade tracks shorter than xx settings
 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
madbeatz said:
Fixed - the intro/outro was impacted by the generic cross fade settings. Resolved by enabling the Do Not crossfade tracks shorter than xx settings
Thanks for the info. I suppose it was the "Trigger mix at" option that cut the tracks.
 

madbeatz

Member
djsoft said:
madbeatz said:
Fixed - the intro/outro was impacted by the generic cross fade settings. Resolved by enabling the Do Not crossfade tracks shorter than xx settings
Thanks for the info. I suppose it was the "Trigger mix at" option that cut the tracks.

Yes, it was the Trigger Mix at that caused it. Of course the advert tracks are immune to it but the the Jingles were not. Since all of our jingles are shorter than a music track in length, its not an issue to enable the Do Not Crossfade tracks shorter option.
 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
Big thanks for everyone who took part in the beta testing process!

RadioBOSS 5.9 is now released and available for download: https://www.djsoft.net/enu/download.htm
 

DJ Denise

Member
Looks really good it popped up with an update button on it today fantastic was so easy to update and kept my cart settings . I forgot to see what is in this version and am very thankful for being able to help to fix it . I was going to ask if the automatic volume adjustment had been fixed as sometimes on a low volume track  it does not boost the volume high enough to get to the 92% profile . I wonder if this is because of volume settings in each song. In addition I have noticed that songs do not appear to be saving BPM but is it being saved in playlist . Thank you for your help.

PS i have also been experimenting with adding playlists directly instead of songs this is amazing  and really cool with the randomise button as it picks sweet songs that match perfectly from the playlists even if you have five loaded

PPS the changes to add bpm to song title are really working thanks for the add.
 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
DJ Denise said:
I was going to ask if the automatic volume adjustment had been fixed as sometimes on a low volume track  it does not boost the volume high enough to get to the 92% profile
You should use the Normalize feature added in this new version, in Music Libary: Tools->Process tracks or in Track Tool - Auto button near the playback level slider.

DJ Denise said:
I have noticed that songs do not appear to be saving BPM but is it being saved in playlist
Can you please provide more information on this?
 

DJ Denise

Member
Hi Dmitry,

I have some feed back the Library of songs was processed yesterday some 19k songs all too overnight to process with EBU R128 volume adjusting this worked well. I also tried to add BPM this took half a day on same data . Which is reasonable :) sound levels are much better I have been recommending your product and hope your are getting more trials and purchases :)

I have however noticed that since the last update calculating BPM on some tracks returns a -1 instead of the BPM. These have not disappeared from playlist after running BPM Set BPM in tracks with no options selected. I also notice these track play perfectly and if I re-import to playlist this -1 stay put. Here is an image of the songs below:

7485098817f452ac0dba1fb7f2ca9b45.png


C:\Music & Video\Various Artist - Greatest ever(love)  CD TWO\01 - Jo Cocker & Jenifer Warnes - Up Where we Belong.mp3
C:\Music & Video\VA - NOW 03 - D1\08 - Phil Collins - Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now).mp3

Tested with CheckMate
3efc686d68c04231681e5c5bedf8dccd.png

 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
DJ Denise said:
I have some feed back the Library of songs was processed yesterday some 19k songs all too overnight to process with EBU R128 volume adjusting this worked well. I also tried to add BPM this took half a day on same data . Which is reasonable  sound levels are much better I have been recommending your product and hope your are getting more trials and purchases
Thank you :)

DJ Denise said:
I have however noticed that since the last update calculating BPM on some tracks returns a -1 instead of the BPM
We've changed the way it detects BPM and statistically it's better - the detection rate is higher and it's more accurate. In the past, it produced much more wrong values, so it's even worse than "-1". Currently there's no way to detect BPM 100% reliable, we plan on adding a different way like using some public database to get the BPM from.
 
Top