Steps:
[list type=decimal]
[*]Selected SQLite as database;
[*]In MusicLibrary selected added some folders
[*]Tools - Process Tracks...
[*]Push Start All Button with default settings
[*]After that I checked Remove Mixed Point
[*]Again pushed Start All Button
[*]A lot of windows opened (like in image) for 933 files (tracks).
[/list]
That is a severe BUG.
It should be one alert window for all tracks, not individually.

remove-Mix-Point-BUG.jpg

DJ Denise said:
I have noticed the song shuffler will play songs duplicating the artists could this be feature changed or a preference be put in preferences to only play different artists in shuffle please?
Shuffle is very simple, it plays tracks in shuffle order, not checking for anything. If you want repeat protection and other track selection rules, consider using Track List: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/using_track_list.htm or Playlist Generator: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/using_playlist_generator_pro.htm

DJ Denise said:
in regard to %bpm even if you take -1 out it will not record %bpm on track properties even if its playing the song
It records "-1" when it did not detdcxt BPM so that next time you scan for BPM it won't process the same tracks again.

pety said:
That is a severe BUG.
It should be one alert window for all tracks, not individually.
Yes, it should be only one alert - we'll check what could be wrong there, thank you.

nelson c said:
what are the changes?
It's mostly a bug fix release, the changes are:

- Cart wall: volume slider shows hint with volume level
- Cart wall: fixed "Test" button sometimes did not work correctly
- Playlist Generator: improved "Generate multiple presets window (added presets, window resize)
- Fixed playlist generator command line processing for multiple playlist creation
- Music Library: added "Rename file" context menu option
- Music Library: disabled songs are shown in grey color
- Fixed "set" and "clr" commands for COM port
- FTP export checks if artwork file exists before removing it
- Event delete: confirmation window includes event name (disabled by default, advanced options)
- Playback is possible after the End marker in Track Tool
- Confirmation for "Delete all" command in the playlist (disabled by default, advanced options)
- HTTP Live Stream (hls) playback support
- Improved "Browse for folder" dialog in music library
- Improved events list: sorting indication, fixed bugs
- Fixed: track start/end dates sometimes were not processed correctly
- Advanced settings: additional text for system tray icon hint to distinguish between RadioBOSS instances
- Fixed multiple additional work zone bugs
- Added hot key to call Track Tool in Music Library
- Fixed misleading error message in voice track recording tool

Hello,
I have a problem. In version 5.9.1, Jaws and NVDA do not read the items made on the scheduled card. Last night I made a few new events and when I went to the scheduled tab and positioned myself on the event list by moving the up arrows down, none of the screen readers read anything.

Sasa Grbic said:
I have a problem. In version 5.9.1, Jaws and NVDA do not read the items made on the scheduled card. Last night I made a few new events and when I went to the scheduled tab and positioned myself on the event list by moving the up arrows down, none of the screen readers read anything.
Sorry for that, it appears that new control we use does not support screen readers. We'll do something to fix it.

In the sheduler, iff deactivate a plan it dousnt change color anymore so it is hard to see iff activated or not
Only the color of the text changes in grey not the backgroundcolor as it used to do

Sasa Grbic said:
I have a problem. In version 5.9.1, Jaws and NVDA do not read the items made on the scheduled card
RadioBOSS 5.9.2 was released that should fix this.

Patrick De Bruyn said:
In the sheduler, iff deactivate a plan it dousnt change color anymore so it is hard to see iff activated or not
Only the color of the text changes in grey not the backgroundcolor as it used to do
Yes, this is a bug, will be fixed in one of the future updates.

Thanks a lot. I will update the software this afternoon when I have time. I have another question. If I add songs and jingles to a blank playlist via file explorer, is it possible for me to read with a screen reader how long that playlist will last when it starts playing? 10 years ago I had the opportunity to see Zara radio software and it had one very interesting option. When a certain number of songs are added to a blank playlist, all songs are selected and right-clicked to open the context menu and select the calculate playlist lenght option. When the software calculates how long the playlist lasts, a window will pop up informing how long the playlist is running.

djsoft said:
Sasa Grbic said:
Sorry for that, it appears that new control we use does not support screen readers. We'll do something to fix it.
Always beta version...

Sasa Grbic said:
If I add songs and jingles to a blank playlist via file explorer, is it possible for me to read with a screen reader how long that playlist will last when it starts playing?
Currently it's not possible, we'll add something similar in one of the future updates.

pety said:
Always beta version...
What do you propose? It's how it works in the software world. You either release software with bugs, or you spend infinite time to build perfect software, and never release it. Windows was released 34 years ago and still receives bug fixes every two weeks. RadioBOSS works on Windows, so even if we do impossible work and make RadioBOSS bug free, there are still Windows bugs, or bugs in 3rd party components RadioBOSS uses.

djsoft said:
What do you propose? It's how it works in the software world. You either release software with bugs, or you spend infinite time to build perfect software, and never release it. Windows was released 34 years ago and still receives bug fixes every two weeks. RadioBOSS works on Windows, so even if we do impossible work and make RadioBOSS bug free, there are still Windows bugs, or bugs in 3rd party components RadioBOSS uses.
It is simple. Make stable release, not excuses. It is very easy to destroy a live program every single time RadioBoss is updated/upgraded. We cannot all the time tell to our listeners that Dmitri lives in a programming world (where beta never ends). Your argument is totally childish: Windows never broken live broadcasting, but RadioBOSS did.

pety said:
It is very easy to destroy a live program
Cases like this are extremely rare. Did it happen for you with one of the recent releases? I mean, "destroy live program", not some minor issue that affects nothing.

djsoft said:
Cases like this are extremely rare.
Dmitri, I am tired of so many bugs. The way back to point to bugs wich were fixed long time ago made me give up.

That's what Beta versions are for.  And this is normal in any software.  Only we are used to using stable versions in other software.  That is why many times we do not find out about the betas processes that happened to get there.

We agree with Pety that re-reporting problems already reported is somewhat tiring.  But we must recognize that a few years ago there are fewer reports, things that have to be reported again are less frequent.

I really think there are many fewer Bugs in the Beta versions of major updates.  even in the first deliveries.  They are so stable that they can be used in production, although it would not be recommended.

In my case, radioboss never left the station in silence.  and for the output per fm, the transmission goes through 4 instances of RB.  some of them make constant use of the API but are extremely stable

Some very rarely have I seen reboots, mostly in Beta versions.  but they are very rare and radioboss is automatically restored, so this is no problem

I think it is time I put in my two cents worth here since there seems to be many grizzles in regards to bugs re-appearing.

I for one have all but abandoned using RadioBoss. I am certainly not doing any further updates, and will only use what I have left over from purchases of licenses.
And I haven't participated in the forum for many months now.

Why you ask ?

My reason is that when I asked for an end time to be added into an event, I was told that couldn't be done "as it would upset events that have been added in 10 years ago by users".
This shocked me, as it suddenly dawned on me that we weren't dealing with up to-date modern software, but software so jigged around so as to fit ancient use, whilst trying to incorporate new developments. Sorry, but it just plain doesn't work. Which is probably a reason for many of the problems with bugs. Things are just added on and plonked here, there and everywhere. Bits and pieces are not in logical places, are hard to find, make no sense at times. And goodness knows how many things I find that no longer work anymore. Probably coz it was added in 5 years ago.

RadioBoss was no longer for me I decided because I wanted something modern, that was going to take us into the future, and certainly not tied into a 10 year (at least) past. This past aspect is dragging RadioBoss down.
If we are catering to such old development and people aren't being encouraged to moving on, I no longer felt RadioBoss was going to be where I personally needed and wished it to be.

I think it is time that we have a modern RadioBoss. Just as Windows 8 moves onto Windows 10, and so on, its time for RadioBoss to also move on.
This may mean leaving RadioBoss Mark One for users who want it that way, and developing a Mark Two, a much better performing and newer model.
Until something happens I for one will be only onlooking in the meantime.

pety said:
Dmitri, I am tired of so many bugs. The way back to point to bugs wich were fixed long time ago made me give up.
Can you please provide an example of a bug that made your live broadcast stop - the bug that was present before, fixed and appeared again. There are bugs in the software, this is unavoidable, and we work on software quality.
According to our bug tracker, RadioBOSS 5.8 and 5.9 had much fewer bugs than previous versions, and 5.7 had less bugs than 5.6.

nelson c said:
That's what Beta versions are for.  And this is normal in any software.  Only we are used to using stable versions in other software.  That is why many times we do not find out about the betas processes that happened to get there.
Beta testing is for finding bugs, yes, but it also allows proposing new features and some of them are implemented right away.

nelson c said:
In my case, radioboss never left the station in silence.  and for the output per fm, the transmission goes through 4 instances of RB.  some of them make constant use of the API but are extremely stable
Thank you :)

DJSTU said:
My reason is that when I asked for an end time to be added into an event, I was told that couldn't be done "as it would upset events that have been added in 10 years ago by users".
Actually, we plan on adding "Event duration limit" - I don't see in the tracker who proposed it, it appears to be a feature combined from multiple requests, planned for RB 6.0.

Backwards compatibility is an important thing, few people would want to redo all their events or presets when a new version is released. Seamless updating is a good thing.

DJSTU said:
I think it is time that we have a modern RadioBoss. Just as Windows 8 moves onto Windows 10, and so on, its time for RadioBoss to also move on.
You're right, and this is actually what happens here now. RadioBOSS 6.0 will have some old/obsolete features removed or rewritten or reworked; also dropping some ties to the past that hold developments back. So stay tuned :)

Hi Dmitry, I'm thinking of migrating the stream that is later broadcast on FM to flac. But I realized that the RadioBOSS buffer is omitted with this format. Is it a bug, or is it a technical limitation?

Back