RadioBOSS 6.0 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should show the custom title. Are you sure it's correctly identified as this file type - the stream is marked with the colors you specified in the settings?

Does it show any error messages in the log? How the tracks are named, do those file names really start with the text you have specified? Please note that it checks the file name - not the information in the tags.
ah ha, the track file name actually starts with the artist, eg. "artist - title", so i either have to rename the file to be the title, or else i would have to specify the full name of the file, thanks

i am trying to use the auto intro tool to play a jingle at the start of a track that i specify, it doesn't seem to work according to the instructions

View attachment 10861

i want to play jingle amy 5 at the start of whenever midnight train to georgia plays
ok, now i see, the file name actually begins with the artists name, so i would have to re-define this a little, thanks for your help

please is there a menu to create schedules ? i don't want enable left panel column each time i want edit my schedules.

__

i also removed all my firewall and security on my server and still have a error "ftp read timed out" in my log, despites the ftp is correctly up to date.

maybe this log is wrongly generated. don't not. not very important anyway. maybe a option to hide thoses warning can improve life quality ^^
__

each week i have to restart my computer cause i have soundcard issues. sounds is cutted, maybe cause i changed my main soundcard trom direct audio to wasapi, you guide says radioboss works better.

this parameter is now on "no device". i may have some memory issue or maybe updating the software changed this parameters.
__

restarting the software reset the column size in additional area / statistics.
___

on top panel animations is someetimes slowed, but no impact on payback. still having reasonable 35% left in my cpu/ram capabilities. but sometimes windows antimalwares shows its big face and take all my cpu for itself. and impossible to remove it. this anti malware software is a malware to me.

so, maybe not related to software. and probably this update is a little bit more cpu/ram consuming than its predecessors.
___

lot of improvement and bug fixed in this release anyway, gg.

Last edited:

on top panel animations is someetimes slowed, but no impact on payback. still having reasonable 35% left in my cpu/ram capabilities. but sometimes windows antimalwares shows its big face and take all my cpu for itself. and impossible to remove it. this anti malware software is a malware to me.

When you mean "windows antimalwares" do you mean Windows Defender? If yes, there are many guides and tutorials to disable it. If you mean another AV please tell us which one it is, they can all be uninstalled or at least disabled. Then you can install an AV that does not consume so many resources. ^^

what might be good is a "refresh" command or event that would refresh the scheduler window. every day i need to click and de-click the enabled check box to fresh, after various enable and disable commands have ran
It should refresh automatically - thank you for pointing out this issue, if there's a bug we'll fix it in the next update.

This one-word is the first thing I've done in previous versions as well, but it doesn't work. No Custom Notification arrives at the broadcast server.
Please check if it marks the tracks with file type colors in the playlist. This is needed to ensure that file type is properlyt detected.

In this latest version, when this error appears: "Server connection closed (output 1) Restarting ..."
This error is about streaming to the server, it does not affect music playback in RadioBOSS. If you see this error message often, please check that there are no connection problems (on your PC and on the server too).

please is there a menu to create schedules ? i don't want enable left panel column each time i want edit my schedules.
You can use additional work zones to host scheduled events list: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/work-zones.htm

i also removed all my firewall and security on my server and still have a error "ftp read timed out" in my log, despites the ftp is correctly up to date.
Read time out means the server did not respond to the commands in time. RadioBOSS can't do anything about it.

restarting the software reset the column size in additional area / statistics.
Statistics columns settings are not stored.

so, maybe not related to software. and probably this update is a little bit more cpu/ram consuming than its predecessors.
RadioBOSS 6.0 uses less CPU compared to the previous versions.

what might be good is a "refresh" command or event that would refresh the scheduler window. every day i need to click and de-click the enabled check box to fresh, after various enable and disable commands have ran
A quick test did not confirm this bug, the events are displayed as disabled/enabled immediately after the command have ran.

i have some major sound processing issues. sometines it works 2 weeks, sometimes 2 days.

looks like at some point the computer stores too many informations and i must reboot the machine.

it can't come from internet connexion cause rebooting the machine fixes the problem 100% of the time.

i don't have this issue few weeks ago. i wish i could say it's not coming from the software, i will try to investigate. looks like a cache of buffering setup misconfigured

Last edited:
When you mean "windows antimalwares" do you mean Windows Defender? If yes, there are many guides and tutorials to disable it. If you mean another AV please tell us which one it is, they can all be uninstalled or at least disabled. Then you can install an AV that does not consume so many resources. ^^

yes the processus is called antimalware but it's windows defender. as skype and cortana, looks very hard to completely kills thoses tasks. windows 10 is overprotective and don't let you lot of freedom.

speechless... version 6.0.1.6

Attachments

• 000config0.JPG
    000config0.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 278
Someone would have noticed it :) We also run automated tests here that should catch things like this. But they don't.
if you are so sure, explain me why no erros on the log with artits??? did you built a RB exclusive for me? LOL
the pic is from a few minutes ago

Attachments

• 000config0.JPG
    000config0.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 263
I'm not sure what are you waiting for. Do you still experience artist repeats in the most recent version? If so, how often does it happen?
same as past versions... errors for artists are not shown on the log but it reports the error tracks.

Attachments

• 000config0.JPG
    000config0.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 287
When there are a lot of libraries in the database list, you used to be able to scroll up and down with the middle mouse scroll wheel. Now you have to click the down arrow on the bottom of the database window.

Please bring back scrolling capability

i have some major sound processing issues. sometines it works 2 weeks, sometimes 2 days.
We test RadioBOSS for extended periods of time and never seen such issues. If you use any 3rd party plugins, try disabling them to see if they cause problems.

yes the processus is called antimalware but it's windows defender. as skype and cortana, looks very hard to completely kills thoses tasks. windows 10 is overprotective and don't let you lot of freedom.
It's possible to turn off Windows Defender but it does not affect RadioBOSS a lot, and turning it off leaves your PC unprotected which is not good. There are cases when it's a good idea, e.g. if a PC is an isolated machine used solely for streaming, but if it's a computer where you browse the net, and perform other tasks, you should keep the Defender operating. At least, it's better than most 3rd party antiviruses (my personal opinion, other people may not agree).

if you are so sure, explain me why no erros on the log with artits??? did you built a RB exclusive for me? LOL
the pic is from a few minutes ago
This is some mystery that is not yet solved :) I can assure you that we've put a huge effort into locating this bug but it's still not confirmed. I see that it happens for you, but it does not here. To clarify: do you only use Track List or there are other means to play tracks, e.g. events that insert tracks directly?

When there are a lot of libraries in the database list, you used to be able to scroll up and down with the middle mouse scroll wheel. Now you have to click the down arrow on the bottom of the database window.
Can you please provide some details, where this list is located? Currently it uses a menu, in the previous version it used a combo box control. We made an assumption that typically there are not that many libraries for scroll bar to appear. How many of them do you have?

A note for beta testers.

RadioBOSS 6.0 released!

I'd like to thank everyone who reported bugs, made suggestions and provided other input to make the software better! RadioBOSS development is community driven, like it always was, and I'm glad that we've received lots of input regarding this version. Some of the requested features were implemented right away, some are queued for the future updates. In total, over 400 bugs were fixed for this version!

We will soon be contacting everyone who took part in the beta testing process, offering discounts, providing free updates etc. The system that tracks beta testing is new so if you don't hear from us within a week, please drop an email to support@djsoft.net

I use the latest version of W10 pro 64 bit with Windows Defender and Cortana disabled.
My processor is Intel G4560 and I have 8GB of Ram and my audio interface is Focurite Scarlett 2i2.
Since I use this PC with many applications, sometimes I have RAM memory problems, which I solved with the Mem Reduct app.
I will buy an additional 8GB of RAM shortly.
Everything works fine for me.
I hope I've helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back