RadioBOSS 7.0 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
one more small bug/issue I've noticed is that for example if you are streaming your radio and you try to change your station info, for example the "name" inside the encoder, it throws a warning window about that you have to reconnect to apply the changes, and that is the normal behavior, but... if you do the same inside options -> broadcast -> metadata, it does not throw a warning windows, and even does not appley the changes in the metadata to the streaming unless you restart/reconnect RadioBoss manually.

To summarize, I set in this test so that identical artists are not played before 2 hours. However, several identical artists in this 10-hour playlist appear very close together. The problem of the number of titles and artists cannot be mentioned because I have enough for this test.
Thank you, we'll check if this is a bug. Your settings are correct and with this configuration there should not be any artist repeats.

Yes, I set the desired time on the first screen you mentioned.
I also have enough titles for this test (143 and 522 selected). See screenshot.
In case when there are not enough tracks, it will show an error message - but there are no error messages in your case and artists seem to be repeated which is odd.

In the Playlist Generator, when I create Export to playlist for some of the Presets, this empty line also sometimes appears (always at the last position).
Interesting, thank you, we'll check this.

I also get this error sometimes.
Is this playlist also created by the Playlist Generator?

Thank you for your message. I modified and used a category with general values settings. It works after several tests, thank you.
Still, this could be a bug, your settings were correct.

Example: the artist "Vianney" can be found in several different categories. It then appears in the playlist very close together and does not respect the general value.
When checking for repeats, it checks the playlist itself - doesn't matter from what category a track came from. Could be something wrong with the Multiple Artists processing. Can you please send your preset file to support@djsoft.net (in RadioBOSS, click Settings, Open Settings Folder, then Presets\PlGenPro).

And in the "Playlist" tab of the main menu, I clicked on "Anti-repeat" to display the "duplicate protection" window. I activated "do not repeat artist before". Or I disabled it according to the tests.
This is for the Track List feature - it doesn't have any effect in the playlist generator.

My separator to differentiate artists is ";". Is this the problem? Is it well placed to indicate the separation of artists?
It should work, yes. Looks like a bug in the software.

Maybe tray with space before and after ;
Spaces are ignored. Artist1;Artist2 is the same as Artist1 ; Artist2 or any other variations.

The Sound was better with latest Thimeo but the bypass DSP is still making sound levels go up and down when they are on File Types bypass DSP on File Types which I dent think is working properly. There is a fault with this new DSP avoid routines
We'll check it again.

This gets worse is this being tested the 'Run Now' button works with all scheduled events unticked so they should not run at all.
Run Now button will run any event, disabled or not.

For me, the artist separator sign is " ; ".
Did you actually specify it as " ; " in the settings? If so, "Shakira; Beyonce" will not be separated. So looks like there's no bug after all. You can simply use ";" to make it work in all cases.

Proposal for writing the next RadioBOSS user manual: "At the "name" line in the title property, the artist separator must be clearly isolated using a space after the first artist and before the second artist."
There's no such requirement, if the separator itself is specified without the spaces it should work, e.g. ";" should separate "Shakira;Beyonce". We'll check it just in case.

Another new bug. In my playlist, 'Delete played tracks from the playlist' is enabled. For example, I have 'Jingl' included in the File types to skip after 'Jingl'. But the skipped 'Jingl' that hasn't been played remains in the playlist. It should be deleted.
In previous versions, it would be deleted properly.
In the Log, it used to say 'File was skipped because...' but now it doesn't.

Did you actually specify it as " ; " in the settings? If so, "Shakira; Beyonce" will not be separated. So looks like there's no bug after all. You can simply use ";" to make it work in all cases.
No, I didn't specify it as " ; ". Simply ";"

When checking for repeats, it checks the playlist itself - doesn't matter from what category a track came from. Could be something wrong with the Multiple Artists processing. Can you please send your preset file to support@djsoft.net (in RadioBOSS, click Settings, Open Settings Folder, then Presets\PlGenPro).

This is for the Track List feature - it doesn't have any effect in the playlist generator.
I have just sent you the requested file by email.

Thank you for the clarification provided on the Track List.

I notice that a large number of titles have their volume level curves modified: the curve is higher and exceeds the horizontal line which turns red.
It could be due to an error in earlier versions, sometimes it didn't show high level when in fact there was.

Regarding this new feature: “Mix Start” in the Track Tool. What is its function? We already have a “Start” as a mix point. What is the difference between the two mixing points?
Mix Start is described here: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/track_tool.htm

one more small bug/issue I've noticed is that for example if you are streaming your radio and you try to change your station info, for example the "name" inside the encoder, it throws a warning window about that you have to reconnect to apply the changes, and that is the normal behavior, but... if you do the same inside options -> broadcast -> metadata, it does not throw a warning windows, and even does not appley the changes in the metadata to the streaming unless you restart/reconnect RadioBoss manually.
This is sort of an intended behavior - common station info changes do not trigger restarting of the encoders, as some encoders could have their own station info configured, also Settings window will sometimes have its own "restart required" windows, so it makes things a lot more complicated. I think you just need to remember that changing those settings will require reconnecting for encoders which do not have their own station info configured.

Another new bug. In my playlist, 'Delete played tracks from the playlist' is enabled. For example, I have 'Jingl' included in the File types to skip after 'Jingl'. But the skipped 'Jingl' that hasn't been played remains in the playlist. It should be deleted.
Formally speaking, this track was not played so need not to be deleted :) But logically, they need to be deleted - both for "Delete played track" and deleting played scheduled tracks cases - will be fixed.

In previous versions, it would be deleted properly.
In the Log, it used to say 'File was skipped because...' but now it doesn't.
This was changed. Skipped files are now evaluated in advance - to properly display Next Track, calculate Mix Start, and Override Mix options. Previously "next track" did not consider skipped files, and there were lots of unwanted side effects.

I have just sent you the requested file by email.
Thank you!

Is this playlist also created by the Playlist Generator?
I did a test again and the problem occurs when creating a playlist from a scheduled event (with PLGenPro template).

Now open to check from the PLGenPro. When creating a List and exporting it to the player, I then exited and saw this error only 2 times. I checked and it didn't happen again after those two times.
1707482797425.png

PD:Reports sent.

Last edited:
I have a small problem and that is that I have all the file names in uppercase (source folders) and when I pass them to radioboss some are placed in lowercase (as you can see in the screenshot). This does not affect the file path, but it is important to have the database organized.
How do you add those tracks that end up with file name lowercased? We tried to reproduce it here, but in all cases it seems that the case is preserved.

You seem to discount these bugs are happening when I have been recording these on YouTube to show you. Therefore, I am not making them up. They exist FACT.
On the video it shows that playlists are loaded, some of them have unplayable items that are marked accordingly. What is the bug there? Looks liek the playlists contain items with incorrect paths.
As for discarding bugs, checking the bug reports take time, when bug reports from some user are not confirmed in lots of cases ("false" bug reports), we have to suspend checking any other bugs reported by them - our time resources are limited.

You report issues with core features: playlist loading and the scheduler; those features are used by virtually everyone - if those things didn't work, we'd have our ticket system and forum flooded with messages about it - but it's not the case. Looks like it only happens with your installation, so I advice to try a fresh RadioBOSS install into a different folder.

I did a test again and the problem occurs when creating a playlist from a scheduled event (with PLGenPro template).
Please wait for the next update, it'll be fixed there.

How do you add those tracks that end up with file name lowercased? We tried to reproduce it here, but in all cases it seems that the case is preserved.
Ok, I did the following:

1: I deleted the songs from the library whose name is: "MUSIC".

2: I added all the songs to the library again.

(This is to eliminate upper and lower case errors. By doing this all files were shown with upper and lower case letters as they were originally)

3: I closed the Music Library window and opened again.

4: I added new files, which were originally NOT previously in the library. I then added the tracks (all caps) and then edited the properties and processed them (mix, start, end, etc.).

5: I closed and reopened the music library. And the error appeared again as shown in the screenshot.

In this screenshot you can see how 4 files are completely in lowercase and these were added as I indicated previously.
1707502219160.png

In my opinion: it may be that since they are new files in the library (MUSIC), these files are read correctly when
principle but closing and opening reads them incorrectly.

So far I can't reproduce the error when converting the original file name to lowercase.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that FIRST of all I have the files in a folder, this folder is called "INCOME" I add them from said folder to the music library. After the properties are edited and the files are preprocessed, I proceed to move the files from said folder to another, with the move option from the music library context menu.

Now open to check from the PLGenPro. When creating a List and exporting it to the player, I then exited and saw this error only 2 times. I checked and it didn't happen again after those two times.
View attachment 13899
PD:Reports sent.

I also got an error message when clicking exit. This same error message appeared when I clicked "Generate" (RadioBOSS 7.0.1.4)

Attachments

• Playlist Generator _ Error_ExitProgram.jpg
    Playlist Generator _ Error_ExitProgram.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 30
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back