RadioBOSS 7.0 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can buy a full version, or update your existing key if you have purchased it before.

Thank you for the suggestion, this will be assigned for the next minor update, a change like this is not a quick add, there are potential issues with dark theme and item coloring, this will further delay the 7.0 release which is already delayed more than it should.
How easy you say it, if buying a full license was worth cheap I would buy your comment, but updating software every 24 hours and using my full version password seems like a lack of respect on your part. With all due respect, regards.
By the way, we all collaborate so that the product improves.

With all due respect, I have spent a lot of time on the forums, I don't know why I am going to make any comments, if the majority finds a problem with each version. I made a much more understandable translation and Dimitri did not approve my version, but then I have seen that current versions have my translation, because I sent them to a person who is in the forum and I see that they have taken advantage of it. A dagger in the back. I appreciate your comment. greetings
Hi, I'm just going to answer this because I feel like I'm being pointed out indirectly. In December you contacted you to send me your version of the Spanish translation with the idea of improving my previous work (I'm always open to that). Clearly there were several improvements which I made (since you contributed them selflessly), others I modified for more appropriate terms and there were also some errors and things that when translated made their understanding more complex so I left them as they were.

Hello,

I offer you a suggestion for future versions: display a tooltip as soon as the mouse cursor is on a line of text. Just like Windows does for example (See attachments).

In my opinion, there are several interesting reasons:

• The first is to display the entire line of text. Especially in the French language (and perhaps in others): the number of words is always greater than that of English to describe an action. It's a fact and I can't change the dictionary of this language ;)
  • Secondly, there are many fonts (which is very good) but from one font to another, the result is completely different in terms of length. And depending on the font, the sentence is cut.
  • Third, RadioBOSS novices, like I was a few months ago, don't understand half a sentence.

And second logical suggestion: for all those who are perfectly familiar with RadioBOSS and who are tired of seeing tooltips, there would be a box to uncheck in the general settings "Enable/disable tooltips".

The function of the tooltip would be to display each line of a selection.

I think this solution would be nice because some RadioBOSS windows are filled with selections. Enlarging these windows would not be a solution: depending on the screen resolution they would not be displayed in full.

Attachments

• RadioBOSS_Tooltip01.jpg
    RadioBOSS_Tooltip01.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 35
  • RadioBOSS_Tooltip02.jpg
    RadioBOSS_Tooltip02.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 35
Event was not started because the "Do not action when the playlist is stopped" flag is enabled (Random Play list of 2 Hr) it was running ?

The file was simply renamed so it does not exist. the file shown in the file explorer does not have the same name as the one in RadioBOSS

I made a much more understandable translation and Dimitri did not approve my version, but then I have seen that current versions have my translation, because I sent them to a person who is in the forum and I see that they have taken advantage of it. A dagger in the back. I appreciate your comment.
I'm sorry for misunderstanding. I mean, if we already have a maintainer for the language, we can't accept translation from another user - this way it makes things confusing and what we will say to the person who for years updated the translation?

How easy you say it, if buying a full license was worth cheap I would buy your comment, but updating software every 24 hours and using my full version password seems like a lack of respect on your part. With all due respect, regards.
By the way, we all collaborate so that the product improves.
Please see PM for the details.

I offer you a suggestion for future versions: display a tooltip as soon as the mouse cursor is on a line of text. Just like Windows does for example (See attachments).
Can you please specify the places where such tooltips are needed? BTW I have always thought that German has the longest phrases, now I'm not sure.

Event was not started because the "Do not action when the playlist is stopped" flag is enabled (Random Play list of 2 Hr) it was running ?
The error describes itself. This option is configured in the event properties.

Can you please specify the places where such tooltips are needed? BTW I have always thought that German has the longest phrases, now I'm not sure.
Yes, here is the list of places where tooltips could be used:
  • Settings => General
  • Settings => File Types
  • Settings => Playback => Fading
  • Settings => Schedule
  • Playlist Generator => Structure => Category => General
  • Playlist Generator => Structure => Category => Separation
  • Playlist Generator => Settings
  • Ads Scheduler => Settings => Settings
  • Ads Scheduler => Settings => Event properties
Non-exhaustive list because it depends on the font, screen resolution, etc.
Yes, the German language is practically like the French language: some translations deserve more words and longer words too

Yes, here is the list of places where tooltips could be used:
I see (not extensively tested) - but with the default font, the text seem to fit fine there. Still, using tooltips for the regular controls is not a standard practice - on your screenshot, it shows a list, and it's a different thing, lists have tooltips. I suppose the easiest way to fix it is to use smaller fonts. You can also use scaling, e.g. if in Windows you set DPI scaling to like 125% it will not only increase font sizes, but will also resize windows appropriately. Maybe we'll offer a setting to scale RadioBOSS only - for cases when you don't need to change system wide scale settings.

Maybe we'll offer a setting to scale RadioBOSS only - for cases when you don't need to change system wide scale settings.
Yes, this may be a good solution: it saves the user from modifying Windows settings. And if everything is displayed regardless of the screen resolution, that's good.

RadioBOSS 7.0.1.7 release candidate (2/20/2024)
Hello,

Everything works on my side according to my last remarks.

PlaylistGenerator: the artist separator ( ";" for me).

I tried the configuration "Artist1; Artist2". Also with this setup "Artist1 ; Artist2". And this one "Artist1;Artist2".

Regardless of the configuration, "Artist1" and "Artist2" are always considered separate artists. Before this new Beta version, this was not the case.
Well done! The problem is resolved. The rules of no repetitions are now well respected. ✅

I noticed two new bugs:

Auto Intro: the filters option in the rules window => Filter intro tracks.

Minimum duration works well.

Maximum duration does not work or it is not taken into account (See attachment). For example, I set the maximum duration to 16 seconds. My Intro still broadcasts when the musical title has an Intro of more than 16 seconds (22; 24 and 33 for my tests).

Ads Scheduler: error message.

During my very first use of Ads Scheduler after installing version 7.0.1.7, an error message was displayed after clicking to schedule my screens (see attachment). Despite this message, the advertising screens were well planned and performed.
I scheduled other screens afterwards, the message was no longer displayed. And there was no problem.
(Message for support: FYI, I saved the error report of this message)

I am sending you these two bugs (after quick tests). If you have time to correct them...

Attachments

• AutoIntro_Rule_Filter.jpg
    AutoIntro_Rule_Filter.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Ads Scheduler_Schedule_Error.jpg
    Ads Scheduler_Schedule_Error.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 47
Yes, this may be a good solution: it saves the user from modifying Windows settings. And if everything is displayed regardless of the screen resolution, that's good.
I know many people like larger fonts, so we'll add some sort of UI scaling in the future, to make everything bigger - this will solve the "text doesn't fit" problem.

Maximum duration does not work or it is not taken into account (See attachment). For example, I set the maximum duration to 16 seconds. My Intro still broadcasts when the musical title has an Intro of more than 16 seconds (22; 24 and 33 for my tests).
This filters the intro files themselves - not music files by their Intro mark.

(Message for support: FYI, I saved the error report of this message)
Can you please send it to support@djsoft.net or in RadioBOSS click Help->Contact support->Send bug reports?

Hello, I'm still having problems with the teasers, just select a song.

Inside the selected folder there are several folders and in them there are approximately 101 songs with the hook in and hook out flag set.

Attachments

• 1708518485133.png
    1708518485133.png
    100.3 KB · Views: 37
  • Captura de pantalla 2024-02-21 132516.png
    Captura de pantalla 2024-02-21 132516.png
    774.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Captura de pantalla 2024-02-21 132207.png
    Captura de pantalla 2024-02-21 132207.png
    91 KB · Views: 35
Hello, I'm still having problems with the teasers, just select a song.

Inside the selected folder there are several folders and in them there are approximately 101 songs with the hook in and hook out flag set.
Does it happen always or it's occasional? Please also check in Settings (Teaser window, Settings button) if you have any track filters configured.

During my very first use of Ads Scheduler after installing version 7.0.1.7, an error message was displayed after clicking to schedule my screens (see attachment). Despite this message, the advertising screens were well planned and performed.
Here everything works as it should, and in the Ads scheduler, we didn't have any error message.

Does it happen always or it's occasional? Please also check in Settings (Teaser window, Settings button) if you have any track filters configured.
Nowadays it always happens to me. When I select a single folder (without subfolders) it works fine, but when I select a folder with several subfolders it gives me an error, and 90% of the tests I have done, it only selects one song. It should be noted that the fxs and the intro and outro do play.

Here I show the other configurations:

1708531180926.png
1708531200347.png

Here everything works as it should, and in the Ads scheduler, we didn't have any error message.
We were able to reproduce it here, it appeared occasionally when the ads were exported. This is fixed for the next update.

Nowadays it always happens to me. When I select a single folder (without subfolders) it works fine, but when I select a folder with several subfolders it gives me an error, and 90% of the tests I have done, it only selects one song. It should be noted that the fxs and the intro and outro do play.
Thank you for the details, we'll check what could be wrong there.

I think that your file from Lindsay Logan is corrupted
See the difference in track tool between my and your file
View attachment 13979
Thanks for the information, Patrick, but then I did drop it back in the playlist it works why would it be corrupted there is no problem with our SSD drives, they are all checked! I am not saying all my playlist from 2017 have same directory structure some have changed but this is file pointing to correct entry not being loaded schedular. As I am suggesting something is not working. you see this as missing information to when it was loaded but it exists in the location and plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back