RadioBoss and Live365

tcross

Hello, I must be doing something wrong but I have reviewed several of the threads here and thought I setup the encoder correctly but for some reason can't get it work.

What I've done:
Switched my mode to Live under Control on Live365.com
Configured encoder on RadioBoss using the IP/Port listed on Live365.com
Matched broadcasting format
Clicked 'Broadbasting Enabled' and Show On Air when broadcasting is turned on
Uploaded .php script to my domain and added the link to HTTP GET under Reports

What's happening is I still hear the songs from the playlist created for Basic mode as if Live365 doesn't recognize the RadioBoss connection.

Appreciate any and all assistance.

I'm fairly new to Live broadcasting so please bare with me.

I have Studio365-Live playing now but something I just noticed, it looks like the album cover art and song title that was showing was what was I selected in RadioBoss although the actual song didn't play.

Are there any error messages in the log window (bottom left corner) when you try connecting to Live 365 servers?

I just found some info after googling, and was able to get it working. Thanks for your response. I look forward to learning the software more and making the jump to purchase.

Quick question, is there a way to correct the song title to show correct.  Please see attached photos for reference.

Thanks!

Also, for the Twitter updates, is there way to show the 'Now Playing' as a hashtag?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-05-22-41-52.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-05-22-41-52.png
    516.5 KB · Views: 373
  • Screenshot_2015-04-06-12-09-16.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-06-12-09-16.png
    468.4 KB · Views: 381
tcross said:
Quick question, is there a way to correct the song title to show correct.  Please see attached photos for reference.
Can you please give more information on what's needed?

tcross said:
Also, for the Twitter updates, is there way to show the 'Now Playing' as a hashtag?
You can use whatever format is good for you. Specifically, it's enough to change the HTTP request in RadioBOSS from
Code:
...&status=%casttitle
to e.g.
Code:
...&status=#nowplaying%20%casttitle
(%20 is the code for space, and # is the "#" sign).

Sorry, I thought the attached pics displayed what I was referencing regarding the song title.

Displays "These Walls (feat Bilal_Anna Wise & Thundercat)"
should be "These Walls (feat Bilal_Anna Wise & Thundercat)"

Displays "Love Won't Leave Me Out"
should be "Love Won't Leave Me out"

Thank you for the info regarding the hashtag.

They are correct in the RB playlist and if I use Live365's live software the titles show correctly on the app.

tcross said:
They are correct in the RB playlist and if I use Live365's live software the titles show correctly on the app.
OK... How the data is sent to Live 365 from RadioBOSS?

What are you asking for specifically?

I uploaded the 'live365proxy.php' (that's attached to the 1st post from the Live365 broadcast thread under the How To Guides section) to my domain and added the URL "http://YOURSITE.com/live365proxy.php?version=2&pass=MYPASSWORD&handle=MYLOGIN&title=%title&artist=%artist&album=%album&seconds=%seconds" to HTTP GET under Reports

I also tried "http://tools.live365.com/cgi-bin/add_song.cgi?version=2&pass=MYPASSWORD&handle=MYLOGIN&title=%title&artist=%artist&album=%album&seconds=%seconds"

I have ANSI selected

I only used those Live365 instructions posted on here and from the link below to setup my broadcast:

https://wiki.live365.com/pmwiki.php?n=PROBroadcast.RadioBossWalk-through

Also, just in case I didn't clarify, it's only when there is an apostrophe or ampersand in title.

This is seen on the Live365 Andriod app. I don't have TuneIn showing song titles to confirm if it happens using that app.

It could be that live365proxy.php incorrectly relays data to live365... You can try modifying its code, a simple solution would probably be to replace the "&" with "&" (although I'm not sure this will work).

Thanks for the input. I'm still working on the song titles showing up correctly on Live365 app, I was able to get the hashtag added to twitter though, it's %23 for #.

If I may ask, I was able to confirm that on TuneIn app the titles show up correctly, but don't switch when new song comes on. You have to restart the app to see new title. Do I have to add album, seconds to the GET Request for that?

tcross said:
If I may ask, I was able to confirm that on TuneIn app the titles show up correctly, but don't switch when new song comes on. You have to restart the app to see new title. Do I have to add album, seconds to the GET Request for that?
You can try adding those parameters, but I suppose it's a bug in the TuneIn application.

Back