RadioBOSS Cloud [alpha]

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
Steffen Schultz said:
As it seems I don't have to start the show exactly at the top of the hour but a few seconds earlier
If you started live stream while track is being played, it will wait when the track ends (or when wait time is over). So you should start live broadcast earlier.

Steffen Schultz said:
Does this feature also work the other way around when turning off the live stream?
It won't work, at least I don't see any way for it to work :) If you disconnect the stream, it has no choice but to start the backup (autodj) stream. If you continue streaming, it doesn't know when you are going to disconnect, therefore it again does not have any choice but to play live stream.
 

schulle4u

New member
djsoft said:
It won't work, at least I don't see any way for it to work :) If you disconnect the stream, it has no choice but to start the backup (autodj) stream. If you continue streaming, it doesn't know when you are going to disconnect, therefore it again does not have any choice but to play live stream.

Couldn't there be an option in the event scheduler that tells the event to wait for a currently running live input to finish?
As an example: After my live show an automated show is scheduled at the top of the hour. My last song in the show however doesn't always finish at the exact time, so the only way to make a accurate transition is to fade out the song somewhere in the middle. If the event scheduler could observe the live input for a certain waiting time before starting the event, we could have more smoother stream transitions without breaking the one or the other show.

But if this is technically not possible, I'll of course deal with it. :)

Steffen
 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
Steffen Schultz said:
Couldn't there be an option in the event scheduler that tells the event to wait for a currently running live input to finish?
This would be difficult to set up for end users, so I don't think we'll add such a feature, I'm sorry.
 

john.drake

New member
RadioBoss Cloud is working well for me so far. I'm having a lot of fun selecting, ripping, tagging and uploading music from my collection.
     
I know that RadioBoss Cloud is still in beta so I'll be sure to post a message when I come across any quirks.

Keep up the great work.  :)

     
 

john.drake

New member
RadioBoss Cloud beta suggestions:

1. The RadioBoss.fm website should make clear which streaming plan you're signing up for under "View Plans." 
I almost clicked on "Buy Now" and signed up for "Centova" by mistake under "Stream Hosting Plans" (instead of "RadioBoss Cloud").
     
www.radioboss.fm/plans


2. Add ability to pay lump sum for 6 or 12 months at a time (in advance).


3. In the "Control Panel" under "Information" these two passwords should be hidden with asterisks:
     
/Live Streaming Connection  /Password
/Server  /Admin Password
 

Wheslley

Member
Hi, I'm having problems with songs that are below -9db, the mixing point is being made in the middle of the song. Is it possible for the system to have a priority rule? Eg to give priority to the mixing point, just after mix level ... I tried to show in print in my lay way to help understand.

(This happens with the RadioBOOS software as well, but since on PC you have the possibility to use an audio processor, the songs are all level in 0db).
 

Attachments

  • 01.PNG
    01.PNG
    14.6 KB · Views: 259

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
John Drake said:
1. The RadioBoss.fm website should make clear which streaming plan you're signing up for under "View Plans." 
I almost clicked on "Buy Now" and signed up for "Centova" by mistake under "Stream Hosting Plans" (instead of "RadioBoss Cloud").
You choose the plan type above the table. But you're right it should be changed, we'll do something about it soon.

Thank you for the other suggestions as well - both of them will be implemented in the upcoming updates.
 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
SertanejaPop said:
Hi, I'm having problems with songs that are below -9db, the mixing point is being made in the middle of the song.
The level is too high, so it will mix too early. I suggest to normalize tracks before uploading them to RadioBOSS Cloud and use lower level for mix point.
 

Wheslley

Member
djsoft said:
SertanejaPop said:
Hi, I'm having problems with songs that are below -9db, the mixing point is being made in the middle of the song.
The level is too high, so it will mix too early. I suggest to normalize tracks before uploading them to RadioBOSS Cloud and use lower level for mix point.
Did you understand my suggestion?
 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
SertanejaPop said:
Did you understand my suggestion?
Yes, but it looks like too situation specific, and I'm not sure if many users benefit from it. Currently, the "Mix" time determines the minimum mix time, but the mix can start earlier based on sound level.
 

Wheslley

Member
djsoft said:
Yes, but it looks like too situation specific, and I'm not sure if many users benefit from it. Currently, the "Mix" time determines the minimum mix time, but the mix can start earlier based on sound level.
My songs are normalized before being answered, I think it is more logical to mix time, the minimum of mixing and after using the sound level.
 

wireradio

Member
is there a way to download back onto my pc the music you uploaded on to radioboss cloud

and is there a playcount yet for songs played to send to record labels

cheers
 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
wireradio said:
is there a way to download back onto my pc the music you uploaded on to radioboss cloud
Currently it's not possible.

wireradio said:
and is there a playcount yet for songs played to send to record labels
It is counted internally and will soon be available in reports.
 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
SertanejaPop said:
My songs are normalized before being answered, I think it is more logical to mix time, the minimum of mixing and after using the sound level.
It works the other way - at least N mixing minutes, but can be more if sound level allows. This mainly for songs with long quiet endings, to mix them early.
 

Wheslley

Member
djsoft said:
It works the other way - at least N mixing minutes, but can be more if sound level allows. This mainly for songs with long quiet endings, to mix them early.
I understand, but in the AUDIO / SETTINGS / Remove silence at the beginning and end of tracks tab, is not it the same function?
 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
SertanejaPop said:
I understand, but in the AUDIO / SETTINGS / Remove silence at the beginning and end of tracks tab, is not it the same function?
Not quite - it removes very quiet parts from the beginning and end of track - by default, levels below -43dB are removed from the end. The level-based mix point uses much higher level, the default value is -14dB.
 

Wheslley

Member
djsoft said:
Not quite - it removes very quiet parts from the beginning and end of track - by default, levels below -43dB are removed from the end. The level-based mix point uses much higher level, the default value is -14dB.
Understood!
 

Wheslley

Member
In the track tab there is no search option, it would be ideal to search the file to add direct to the current playlist ...
 

Wheslley

Member
SertanejaPop said:
Not quite - it removes very quiet parts from the beginning and end of track - by default, levels below -43dB are removed from the end. The level-based mix point uses much higher level, the default value is -14dB.
I understood this function, but I noticed that when the audio happens to have levels below "14db" the next audio is being mixed and the previous one continues playing, leaving the two audios together, eg if after mixing it is missing 1 minute to the end of the previous audio the two continue for 1 minute playing together in the air.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top