Schedule option

bylove

Hi,

I use RadioBoss demo software

How to do add schedule program after 10 minutes stop.

Note : I know mid-level English

thanks

Hello!

You mean, after you click "Stop" button, something (playlist) should be started after 10 minutes?
If yes, it's possible, in the menu, click "Settings"->"Silence Detector", set "Length of silence" to 10 minutes, check "Load auxiliary playlist" and in the field below, enter playlist filename.

Thank you!

Schedule add

file: c:\test.mp3 (length 04:20)
next song playing after 04:20
yes running

also

url : http://sample.com/listen.pls  (length ??:??)
next song or url play after 10 minutes not running

If you place an URL to the playlist, it'll play endlessly, until something else is started by user or scheduler.
Please describe in more details what are you trying to achieve.

Connect to other streams
Sample : There are broadcast live games this evening
I want to make a connection to joint publications

thanks

Sorry for a long delay.

You can play streams by scheduler (please make sure you're using the latest version - RadioBOSS 4.0.3.449, there were some issues fixed relating streams playback).

If you want to play stream for some time, and then play song in your playlist, you should add two tasks to the scheduler.

First: in the filename enter stream URL (http://...), enter date/time when you need it to start. For example, you set it to run at 12.00.

Second: in the filename field you enter word next and set its time to, for example, 12.10.

In result, the stream will play for 10 minutes, and then next track from your playlist will start.

I set up the schedule to play as you said,and it works,but it stacks up other scheduled events,such as commercials,and plays them all when playlist resumes using NEXT. Can we add a time limit to these items so if they cant play due to a long stream program,they will automatically be discarded??? Maybe a box to put the time to wait before discarding it would be nice. This could also serve as a duration time for streams to eliminate the need for a second entry of NEXT.

You can use the "Remove previous schedule from the playlist" option to avoid stacking (this will work in case when commercials launch before the stream).
If commercial are added when stream is already playing, then, instead of NEXT command, you can start any MP3 file (jingle?), with "Remove previous schedule" and "Run scheduled launch without waiting" flags - this should do the thing.
About streams duration, this feature will be added in the next minor update, within 10 days. Also, we'll think about some kind of expiration for scheduled tracks.

The remove previous schedule doesnt work right. It seems to add scheduled items to the playlist instead. It added so many items that it froze up today,no errors were showing,but it would not play anything. I had to re-boot the computer and rebuild the playlist. Not good!

Please describe your setup in details. It's hard to tell without the info.
The "remove previous schedule" option removes all tracks which were added by previous tasks and then adds new track/playlist, which is specified in the "Filename" field.

New problem,since updated version was installed,when trying to play a daily scheduled stream,the following errors occured:
access violation 007C8A20 in module radioboss.exe,read of address 00000084
access violation 007C899B in module radioboss.exe,read of address 00000070
log entry unable to play,invalid handle

After this failed,I selected the file and clicked run now and it worked.

The schedule file contains only the http address and checked the box run scheduled launch without waiting

Does this error occur every time the scheduled event is started, or error is random?
I just tried to reproduce this, but no success. Could you please send stream address you're using to support@djsoft.net so we could check.

It occurs at the scheduled time,throws the error windows. I can tell it to run now and it works fine,but the schedule bombs every time. I think I know why,in the playlist,it says buffer 58%,then it tries to play another file with the same exact start time. I have fixed this mistake and will see if it works.

Thank you for explanation!
Yes, this looks like a problem. If you start another file when network stream buffering is not completed, sometimes it shows an error. Will be fixed soon.
And, why it's needed to start 2 files at the same time?

Well,it was my mistake to have two starting at the same time,its fixed now! The program should have discarded the stream and played the next instead of hanging up.

It still does funny things when I use the REMOVE PREVIOUS SCHEDULE option. It caused the program to freeze hours later with no error message again,it also put 30 or 40 scheduled files in a row into the playlist when they should have been spread out over the hours. What am I doing wrong here?

Play ABOVE THE AIR also locks up the program,reboot needed.

I think the whole playlist and scheduler needs a makeover into something more stable and user friendly,IMHO.
My old program was super in the scheduling and playlist,but had no eq,streaming or plugin options.

WILCOM LABS said:
Well,it was my mistake to have two starting at the same time,its fixed now! The program should have discarded the stream and played the next instead of hanging up.
Yes, the stream playback will be fixed in the next update. As well as whole audio engine will be improved.

WILCOM LABS said:
I think the whole playlist and scheduler needs a makeover into something more stable and user friendly,IMHO.
My old program was super in the scheduling and playlist,but had no eq,streaming or plugin options.
That's what we're working on now. But, the errors you describe (like inserting one file many times into the playlist) - were fixed versions ago. Please check if you're using the latest version.
About freezes, it shouldn't happen. Why are you sure that "Remove previous schedule" option does this?
Also, "play above the air". Does it freeze every time started, and, does it happen if you click the "Run Now" button?

Here it is laid out for you,I took all the extra programs out,no streaming,no plugins and this program cant run 24 hours without freezing my computers. They are plenty big enough,Compaq 2.3 gig,1gig RAM,1terabite of HDD and has run Zara with Winamp and Shoutcast for more than a year without a crash. I do not understand how the playlist and scheduler are supposed to work,they dont do what they say,it does not handle errors well,it crashes or freezes up. You have a very good player and eq,the streamer works well but the rest left me disappointed. So,sad to say, I will request a refund and go back to Zara Radio and Winamp as I have now lost my advertisers and audience. I hope you are able to resolve all the issues,if you do,I will try it again.  Good luck!

Your order was refunded, thank you for using! But, I'm pretty sure that it's something wrong with your computer and/or OS (also, according to this thread: http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,593.msg2838.html#msg2838).
This program has many users, and almost all of them are using scheduler - but we receive no reports about freezes or something like this.

I tried to make Radiboss work on two different computers,both more than the minimum requirement and way beyond. I went as far as wiping out the hard drive completely,reinstalling XP PRO,having a Microsoft certified technician certify and benchmark the computer,reinstalled Radioboss latest version. I dont know what else was humanly possible on my part. I appreciate your effort to help and the refund.

That may be a strange sort of incompatibility, and it'll take really much time to find out where the problem is. You can come back later and check how things are going :)

Back