Scheduler/Twitter

dave-t

Hi Dmitry

More bizarre feature requests for you

1. It would be really cool if we cold have some basic Twitter integration. It would be good if we could get RB to send a tweet (optionally) when a schedule runs to announce a show is starting.

2. I would really like to see a Schedule Compilation tool that allows us to compile a new schedule independently of the current running one. This would allow us to create a mess around with a schedule for a specific event - say Christmas day - or to compile a schedule for a "new season"

dave-t said:
1. It would be really cool if we cold have some basic Twitter integration. It would be good if we could get RB to send a tweet (optionally) when a schedule runs to announce a show is starting.
That's interesting. I've added this as a feature request.

dave-t said:
2. I would really like to see a Schedule Compilation tool that allows us to compile a new schedule independently of the current running one. This would allow us to create a mess around with a schedule for a specific event - say Christmas day - or to compile a schedule for a "new season"
You can simply install another copy of RB into another folder and use it solely as a scheduler editor. You can use import/export features (the List button on the scheduler tab) to move events to the main RadioBOSS installation.

djsoft said:
dave-t said:
That's interesting. I've added this as a feature request.

dave-t said:
You can simply install another copy of RB into another folder and use it solely as a scheduler editor. You can use import/export features (the List button on the scheduler tab) to move events to the main RadioBOSS installation.

It would probably follow that some may also want this facility to post something on Facebook too - although I would not want this

I would really like to send a tweet 5 minutes before a show starts to notify listeners - think it would be a great addition.

Re Schedule compiler - Yep it  could be done that way although I installed 2 copies of RB before and got into a knot with it!

dave-t said:
It would probably follow that some may also want this facility to post something on Facebook too - although I would not want this

I would really like to send a tweet 5 minutes before a show starts to notify listeners - think it would be a great addition.
I'm thinking to add a scheduler command to do this.

dave-t said:
Re Schedule compiler - Yep it  could be done that way although I installed 2 copies of RB before and got into a knot with it!
Do you mean there were problems with 2 installations?

djsoft said:
dave-t said:

I'm thinking to add a scheduler command to do this.

that sounds like the right solution so that tweets can be scheduled independently of the program schedule  :)

dave-t said:
Do you mean there were problems with 2 installations?

Probably "my issue" especially when I was updating to newer versions. don't like having more than one copy installed......

dave-t said:
Probably "my issue" especially when I was updating to newer versions. don't like having more than one copy installed......
Well, this is an issue - if you have several copies installed you'll need to update each one. But that's not a big issue - the development cycle of RB has been slightly changed: now we roll out updates less frequently, but each update is more complex.

dave-t said:
I think a great idea!.
With macros could generate some interesting things such as:
Today (day of week), share from (inition time of the event), only classic, the 105.3

"Today Wednesday, share from 15:30 hr, only classic, the 105.3"

nelson c said:
I think a great idea!.
With macros could generate some interesting things such as:
Today (day of week), share from (inition time of the event), only classic, the 105.3

"Today Wednesday, share from 15:30 hr, only classic, the 105.3"
Nice idea - I've added it to the request list as well. Expect this to be added in one of the 5.x updates.

Back