Bugs RadioBOSS 7.0 beta

I have a small problem and that is that I have all the file names in uppercase (source folders) and when I pass them to radioboss some are placed in lowercase (as you can see in the screenshot). This does not affect the file path, but it is important to have the database organized.
It is showing the tag 'file name' not the actual filename hopes this helps?

Maybe the file type is not detected?

Track Tool does not take into account file type level modifications.
Maybe the insert with different option 'Scheduled Tracks' is the problem as opposed to 'Regular Play List' I had tis inserting whole playlist every two hours fie with no degradation of volume, but this was running inserting as 'Regular Play List' Could this sound issue be a problem with File Types as I note the latest version added some changes to add defaults?

Also, if I Press 'Run now' on this event which loads random playlists it does not reset the 2hr timer, so it does not place a new 2hr event down and will cut the playlist shorter.

Well, it just went into red duplication on all tracks when it reran the next random playlist event also is there any way to stop playing same playlist in a day. I am going to restart it in case the Playlist Generator corrupted something. Also, if this is dumping in a new playlist you may not want it in the current play window just a thought. In addition, you may not want it with shuffle enabled there is no options for these currently in the beta.

I have no issues with the sound. Neither with the volume nor with the balance. Everything is OK with me. Insert as Regular playlist tracks or Scheduled tracks also works fine for me. That shouldn't affect the sound. I don't use Thimeo, but Toneboosters TB. I run all tracks through Tools > Process Music Tracks > Normalize. I assume Thimeo is causing those problems for you, not RB.
I ran all these thorough audacities to ensure the volume was the same. I also ran them through normalizer it plays completely different volumes. on these small sweepers. If i open a playlist and double, click one its loud. If i play them in playlist they are quiet

I ran all these thorough audacities to ensure the volume was the same. I also ran them through normalizer it plays completely different volumes. on these small sweepers. If i open a playlist and double, click one its loud. If i play them in playlist they are quiet
Try disabling Thimeo or use one of its presets, and then check the sound.

This is happening again for no reason, and I can't find setting in helpfile: Event was not started because the "Do not action when the playlist is stopped" flag is enabled (SID+ 2) This one is correct nothing is playing as it is awaiting the event to trigger to introduce a playlist as you cannot run it now as it does not update timer. it has 34mins lets see if it starts ;)

Tomimatko t doesn't run through the DSP as they are controlled by File Types volumes on +20. The file types have 'Do not apply DSP' checked. So, they are just playing in RB.

I unclicked Thimeo in plugins and it quit RB. When I came back in it was still enabled

I just started playing music and it inserted tracks in the remote playlist event when the timer was not ready insert it also did not zero.

Try disabling Thimeo or use one of its presets, and then check the sound.
Tomimatko Yes, they played at correct level without Thimeo Plugin enabled. All the same sound suggesting there is a bug in RB with the non DSP routines.

The enabling and disabling is not working on schedules they fire up regardless its firing up my remote playlist when i run one of the other schedule events. It made no difference having latest Thimeo update so this must be RB

The Sound was better with latest Thimeo but the bypass DSP is still making sound levels go up and down when they are on File Types bypass DSP on File Types which I dent think is working properly. There is a fault with this new DSP avoid routines.

When pressing another event schedule 'run now' generally three times the random event playlist XZZANZMCTMLBHWGIKMEP fires with no hours on it and disabled into the main playlist destroying it when it should replace it and should not even fire. This has now happened twice it does not aloo put the right start time fresh time when you 'run now'. Is anyone except me testing this? So nothing works on it. This happened after I put in directory for sweeper but, these must be BUG I have disabled Scheduler again as it still does not work for me despite 7.01.04 update Thimeo 10.2 is even better.

a8a0a75118c55a4b639da9c6583e7e11.png
f46a43486149428a3d494f774b8d361b.png

Last edited:
This gets worse is this being tested the 'Run Now' button works with all scheduled events unticked so they should not run at all.

I have a small problem and that is that I have all the file names in uppercase (source folders) and when I pass them to radioboss some are placed in lowercase (as you can see in the screenshot). This does not affect the file path, but it is important to have the database organized.
Could be a leftover from older versions, where it lowercased the names to speed up search and indexing. It's not needed now - we'll make it preserve file name case.

Could this be because it is wav file not MP3? The wav file is 44,100Hz at 16bit?
File format doesn't matter.

It will place these into playlist, then play them variable volume then remove them
No variable volume issue is reproduced here, I'm sorry. Also there's no code for this to happen - once the tracks are inserted, they are processed exactly the same as any other tracks.

After converting all of these to MP3 they all play at different levels. Despite being normalized in Audacity I don't see why you are not seeing the same thing.
This is very serious, and if this was a problem in RadioBOSS, other users would report it too - but for now it only seems to be happening on your computer, so looks like it's wrong RadioBOSS configuration. Most probably it's incorrect file type configuration. You can try installing RadioBOSS a second time, to a different folder, and try playing the same files there (without changing any configuration options) - how they play on this fresh installation?

Alo t failed to run playlist Event was skipped because the "skip next run" option is enabled
This is not a bug. This is an option for the Run Now button where it skips the next run if you have already started the event manually.

I have this two several more than three times it goes foobar and adds a blank line for me too.
When this happens again, please press the "Send bug report" button to send the report to us.

This is happening again for no reason, and I can't find setting in helpfile: Event was not started because the "Do not action when the playlist is stopped" flag is enabled (SID+ 2)
This is an option in the event configuration window.

I just started playing music and it inserted tracks in the remote playlist event when the timer was not ready insert it also did not zero.
I think you should try the fresh RadioBOSS installation, as I suggested you earlier. There's way too many problems, but they only occur on your computer - no one else is reporting any similar thing and it also doesn't reproduce here.

The enabling and disabling is not working on schedules they fire up regardless its firing up my remote playlist when i run one of the other schedule events. It made no difference having latest Thimeo update so this must be RB
Do you mean scheduled events that are disabled still run? We can't reproduce it here - I'm sorry, but for a while we'll pause checking such bug reports because nothing is reproduced. It really looks like something's seriously wrong with either the computer you use or with RadioBOSS installation or something else.

Pah it's a brand new latest I9 windows 11, it's easy to blame Microsoft. or Thimeo its neither. How can we get its resolved please i have been informing you this update has bugs in it? Please inform me what you require.
Please see video of this https://youtu.be/lVATkXzI7x4

You seem to discount these bugs are happening when I have been recording these on YouTube to show you. Therefore, I am not making them up. They exist FACT.

On the video it shows that playlists are loaded, some of them have unplayable items that are marked accordingly. What is the bug there? Looks like the playlists contain items with incorrect paths.
As for discarding bugs, checking the bug reports take time, when bug reports from some user are not confirmed in lots of cases ("false" bug reports), we have to suspend checking any other bugs reported by them - our time resources are limited.

You report issues with core features: playlist loading and the scheduler; those features are used by virtually everyone - if those things didn't work, we'd have our ticket system and forum flooded with messages about it - but it's not the case. Looks like it only happens with your installation, so I advise to try a fresh RadioBOSS install into a different folder.

Please wait for the next update, it'll be fixed there.
NO, My RB with exception of the scheduler and play list generator is working (other people have reported same issue of Application Fault), the red in playlist means they are supposed to be duplicates as its putting there than the playlists into the playlist. if you look at the number of files it goes past 25 It must then be adding this to the existing new 20 tracks to the playlist. It appears that this happens after pressing it 3 times the same as your fault with the report generator. Is this causing RB to run over memory because of a memory leak? Perhaps like me they are not using your ticket system.

I am not bothered with the file paths that is fixable and playlist is more than 2hrs, the scheduler is also switched off and not enabled!

Back