Bugs RadioBOSS 7.0 beta

Well It does i tried on two different machines one on Windows 11 and one on Windows 10 it does the same. Have you shut RB down and opened it on Windows 11? Do you honestly think am making this up as can send you a video? Are you testing on Windows 11
I don't deny it happens to you - it's just we're unable to reproduce it here, and there are also no reports about this from other users, so it looks like this problem is specific for your computer(s).

Furthermore, it is still not locating tracks on a playlist imported by the scheduler that you can drop in from the files from same directory. where it was showing --.-- (see separate thread) the drive has no errors on it I checked again this morning.
Again, this means that playlist has incorrect paths for the files. It's not RadioBOSS that's "failing" it's the faulty playlist file.

Additionally, you can plot queued music around the scheduler, and it misses it in total. as you can see in following image. it will skip around it missing he tracks scheduled.
The playback queue has the priority so it will play first. When the queue ends it will evaluate next track based on general principles.

Dimitri pen it ack up like i did you can see its disabled the buttons unavailable. it does not action until you lick inside it
Edit and Delete buttons are actions for the selected events. If nothing is selected, it does not have an item to action upon.

As you can see these --.-- files exist RB just can't seem to locate them when running scheduler so why is it showing they are missin
The path in the playlist is wrong. This is the problem. There's nothing wrong with playlist loading.

The path in the playlist is wrong. This is the problem. There's nothing wrong with playlist loading.
Well then how do they play originally in RB until several months later ?
As you can see t is not only trying to load the playlist music from the playlist directory when it's elsewhere your system seems to lost control where the music is located? It is not in the same directory as the playlist and never was here. Your system has changed this. My OS has not. :\My Music\Playlists\Paul Young - Come Back and Stay.mp3 is not the location of the music and has never been. It is here \Music & Video\Paul Young - Come Back and Stay.mp3 so why does your system change the root music path.

fee620bde35feb2ef9d642671ea52aa3.png

this is file pointing to correct entry not being loaded schedula
If RadioBOSS tells you error 2 it means file not found. Path is incorrect. There's no way for RadioBOSS to not locate a file that's present on the disk. Either the path is incorrect, the file does not exist, or there's some weird access configuration that prevents RadioBOSS from accessing the file. In either case, there's nothing for us to fix.

Well then how do they play originally in RB until several months later ?
I don't know. Something's changes since then e.g. folder was renamed, files moved etc.

why does your system change the root music path.
I don't think it did that. I suppose the best way to "fix" it for you would be to recreate the playlists. The ones you have don't seem to work. Please note that when you save playlist in RadioBOSS, it uses relative paths (if possible), so if you save playlist somewhere then move playlist file, it may stop working.

why does your system change the root music path.
I don't think it did that. I suppose the best way to "fix" it for you would be to recreate the playlists. The ones you have don't seem to work. Please note that when you save playlist in RadioBOSS, it uses relative paths (if possible), so if you save playlist somewhere then move playlist file, it may stop working.

Thank you but the playlist location has not been changed. Just the music folder after 2017. I understand those ones.

But my concern is the ones that point to the correct file location which are not loaded --.--The odd thing is the files are in same location. Patrick noted it did not even pull the file audio format in so did not read it at all except for in the playlist entry. I have checked our SSD and the disk surface with ChkDsk and file structure SFC /SCAN ALL which is all showing no issues and have rebuilt all Microsoft indexes. Which allow the files to be found in directory? If they are dropped in playlist, they work play and look same as they did before. The problem after it does this, is when you save playlist it's not the same name as it was loading in schedular, but the same tab and file name associated with it before, so you create it over the top of a different playlist unless you are awake and notice it.

But I understand relative paths concept, but the music files have never been located in the playlist folder ever! There used to be a time RB saved everything here all the backups too, but never music.

If RadioBOSS tells you error 2 it means file not found. Path is incorrect. There's no way for RadioBOSS to not locate a file that's present on the disk. Either the path is incorrect, the file does not exist, or there's some weird access configuration that prevents RadioBOSS from accessing the file. In either case, there's nothing for us to fix.
What do you suggest is this weird configuration that is causing this it is a standard windows 11 Professional on SD drives in latest processor? With hardware protection Health EFI Bitlocker protection and Windows Security only, why are these only some files that do this which exists at the location. I appreciate these same playlists can be opened by VLC Media Player. So, what is blocking Radio Boss if it's not this beta? As I said these files can be dropped back in and they work. Everything else apart from your recent new additions with exception of small playlist random play still work flawlessly providing clear vocal. Furthermore, this playlist is created in Radio Boss not externally in other software. I fully accept some issues in playlists are missing for directory changes, but these are not the issues I am making you aware of as you are quite aware from the screen images I shared https://www.djsoft.net/community/threads/radioboss-7-0-1-7.11797/#post-49438 these mp3 exist at the path.

Last edited:
I also understand the procedure for creating a new time frame schedule and random playlist is accomplished by switching to manual mode by placing cross in manual mode, then use 'RunNow' to create a full 2 hour playlist and remember to remove manual checkbox. Can you inform me where this is now located in help file thankyou?

I appreciate these same playlists can be opened by VLC Media Player. So, what is blocking Radio Boss if it's not this beta?
We don't see this problem, and if really did the problem with loading playlists existed - we'd have much more reports (it's the core feature after all), but currently only you tell about this. Did you create those playlists in RadioBOSS or they come from somewhere else?

Can you inform me where this is now located in help file thankyou?
Everything about the scheduler is in this section: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/scheduling_playback.htm

Which allow the files to be found in directory?
File must exist. Entry in the playlist must point to this file. There must be no rights issues (this is rare on Windows, but still possible in some cases).

* I moved posts from the main RadioBOSS beta thread as they are about the same.

I give up Dimitri I can't repeat myself again and again. There are only three problems that are repeatable. This is last attempt.

1) I see the schedule count down timer which does not reset unless you delete schedule, which you won't discuss this gives no control over schedules if you have to create a new one ever time you change playlist a duration or start time is not afforded it with Run Now.
2) Export XML export and separate image ftp uploaded bloating web sites and it's not containing %lyrics, %artwork which inclusion you won't discuss. I don't know what restriction is.
3) Notification check box to fire Notification on competition of FTP event does not exist, which you won't discuss.

I cannot believe you cannot see these things for yourself.

Hi,​

Your account ezyro_33672165 (deniserose.ezyro.com) has been suspended because it reached the daily resource limits.
Do not worry, it will be automatically re-activated after 24 hours of suspension.

You account is suspended because it reached the daily cpu/hits limit. It will be reactivated automatically after 24 hours of suspension

This is why I asked you for 1-3 above

I cannot believe you cannot see these things for yourself.
I see what you mean, the problem here is that those features will not benefit other RadioBOSS users (those things are very situation specific) therefore we won't be adding them, I'm sorry.

This is why I asked you for 1-3 above
The problem is restrictive web host, not our software.

So, you were untruthful to me when you said it would be in next version? Why is that as we are paid up user.

Last edited:
Back