Updating playcount and last played in library

jaypea500

I'm wondering how to update the music library to show the currently correct play count and last played date. The library is showing lots of zero play count and empty last played data. Problem is, many of the songs have played. I've heard them, and in some cases, I've manually programmed them.

Thanks... ...joe

Thanks for the reply, Dmitry. I'm currently using the "file" storage method (with the .rbdata files being created in the folder where the music files are). As far as I can tell, all is set properly. I see no error messages when files start, except the rare "Warning! Title update failed" error (https://www.djsoft.net/community/threads/warning-title-update-failed.11623/).

By the way, I should mention that I'm using 7.0.1.7, but I noticed this in 6.3.3.0. I updated to see if the issue would resolve itself, but it hasn't.

(edited to include version info)

Please see attached. You can see that the playcount is reflected in the file properties, but not in the library list.

Also, is it possible to add the last played date to the file properties box?

...joe

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 22
I see no error messages when files start, except the rare "Warning! Title update failed" error
This error is about updating the title on the streaming server - not related to playcount.

Please see attached. You can see that the playcount is reflected in the file properties, but not in the library list.
Library list is not updated immediately. If you close Music Library and open it again do you see the updated values?

This doesn't reproduce here. Do you mean that whatever happens, playcount stays zero in the Music Library? If you select this track in the main playlist window, does it show the correct playcount in the track information panel?

Here again is the pic I'd attached earlier. Note, in the red circled items, that the playcount in the track info panel is "8", while in the main library list it remains at "0". If I insert the track into the main playlist, the correct playcount shows ("8").

I need the correct playcount and last played date to show in the main library list for research and setting priority. Just selecting a track and opening the track properties won't suffice. I need to be able to see them as a group. Hence needing the correct count and info in the library list.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I need the correct playcount and last played date to show in the main library list for research and setting priority. Just selecting a track and opening the track properties won't suffice. I need to be able to see them as a group. Hence needing the correct count and info in the library list.
This is how it's working here, when Music Library is started, it shows actual data on Playcount and Last Played, not zeros. "Additional info storage" is set to "File" as in your case. So currently I'm not sure what we can do in order to fix this. Maybe something's corrupted, so you can try doing maintenance from the Tools menu in Music Library: Remove entries for nonexistent, Rebuild tag cache, Analyze database.

Back