Using report generator of commercials set using the Advertisement Scheduler

madbeatz

Hello,

I would like to be able to use the report generator to do queries on adverts which will let me know
1 - When an advert has started/finished
2 - What time spots the adverts are running
3 - What days the adverts are running on. eg. Mon/Weds/Friday
3 - Extract additional TAG info (eg comments)
3 - Export the above in a CVS file for data manipulation (pivot table etc)

Not sure if this has been asked or if the feature currently exist.

Does anyone have any ideas?

On another radio automation system I use, I do a dump of the current adverts and manipulate to my requirements using Excel Pivots. Monthly adverts are tracked, and historical months are kept for reference. Does anyone do any advert reporting using another method and/or system on Radioboss? I am open to suggestions.

Thanks

madbeatz said:
I would like to be able to use the report generator to do queries on adverts which will let me know
You can get some of this information from the Ads Scheduler itself - use the Ads Overview button, it offers an option to create a report for each ad.
Report generator can show you a report for one (or more ads) - how often did they play, and you can include any fields in the report. To eave out only the ads, you can use the Filters button (e.g. do a filter by file type and leave only ads).

I have tried using the report generator, filtered by adverts, ensured Files Types are set by selecting the adverts in the File Type folder. and even tagged the adverts with the word Adverts and set to look for that as an identifier, But I get a blank report!

Am I missing something?

Make sure that file types are assigned correctly - check in the playlist if the ads are marked in the colors that you have assigned for ads type.
Then also make sure that you've selected the correct reporting period.

the adverts are scheduled using the ads scheduler hence they do not show in the music playlist only in the spate advert log area

madbeatz said:
the adverts are scheduled using the ads scheduler hence they do not show in the music playlist only in the spate advert log area
If you use the "Overlay playback" option when you start ads event, then they are not added to the playback report.

You are right, reporting doesn't work when adverts are in overlay mode. Overlay mode works better for me especially for programmed live dj events.  Advert reporting is crucial for me Will raise a feature request.

I am just using this thread concerning my question. When I am generating Report the column "Start Date" shows strange date 30.12.1899- see attachement. How to edit this column to generate the real date?

Attachments

• rep2.pdf
    14.2 KB · Views: 318
madbeatz said:
You are right, reporting doesn't work when adverts are in overlay mode
It should work in RadioBOSS 5.6.2. Please try it.

Milan said:
I am just using this thread concerning my question. When I am generating Report the column "Start Date" shows strange date 30.12.1899- see attachement. How to edit this column to generate the real date?
It seems that start date/time information for tracks is incomplete or corrupted. What software version so you use?

We have the latest version 5.6.2.0.  I have added new column Start Date/Time and it is generating correct information. Only column Start Date is corrupted -see attachement.

Attachments

• rep3.pdf
    8 KB · Views: 268
Please also send the .csv report files (those act as a source for reports) - please click Settings->Open Settings Folder and send the .csv file for the day when you generated "rep3.pdf".

Please find attached "csv" source file and relevant "pdf" report.

Attachments

• rep3.pdf
    8 KB · Views: 267
  • 2017-12-03.csv
    4.6 KB · Views: 276
Back