Volume control issues

easace

There is a problem with the volume control. It controls the main broadcast audio and the viewing volume in the same way. The volume of the broadcast should not change.
Video

1676979696346.png

Last edited by a moderator:
When you use volume control slider that is located under the playlist, it doesn't affect streaming volume. But if you use the Gain slider, it affects both monitor volume and streaming volume.
Also, if you use "Input N" as a streaming source and not "Audio Mix" then device volume will affect streaming volume.

I believe the sound level in the section marked in red should not be altered because the broadcast can be made directly through the sound card. At least there should be an option for this.

1677519316795.png

I believe the sound level in the section marked in red should not be altered because the broadcast can be made directly through the sound card. At least there should be an option for this.
If you don't need a volume slider, you can disable it in the Controls section in the Settings window (uncheck "Volume").

If you don't need a volume slider, you can disable it in the Controls section in the Settings window (uncheck "Volume").
Sorry for using bad english because i couldn't explain exactly what i mean.
Your program is already working exactly as I want, but sometimes there is a problem, there is a bug.
Two sound outputs are selected in the sound cards settings. One of them is for me to listen and the other is for transferring sound to other programs with virtual sound card output. When I change the sound setting under the playlist, sometimes it just adjusts the volume of the sound card I'm listening to as it should, it doesn't change the virtual sound card level, but it doesn't always work this way. Sometimes the volume of two sound card outputs changes at the same time.

The volume slider under the playlist controls volume for both Main and Monitor devices. This is by design. We can add an option to control this behavior, e.g. make it only change the volume for Main card and do not touch Monitor, but I'm not sure about if many users will need it.

The volume slider under the playlist controls volume for both Main and Monitor devices. This is by design. We can add an option to control this behavior, e.g. make it only change the volume for Main card and do not touch Monitor, but I'm not sure about if many users will need it.
When I first set up the audio outputs, they worked as I wanted them to. However, when I closed and reopened the program, the way it worked changed and started working as you described. Since you said it should work in the latter way, I think there is a software issue here. An additional option may be necessary for those who require it because the virtual sound card option provides flawless audio transmission for external sound output. If internal IP encoding is used, there is a possibility of visual effects being out of sync with the audio due to sound delays and interruptions due to buffer problems. Virtual sound cards are a perfect source for those who want to capture audio with programs such as OBS.

We'll add an "advanced option" to control this behavior (volume slider only affects main card, but not monitor), this option should appear in the next update.

Back