Adds + Internet stream rx + DTMF

maxidj

Hi everybody, a question

I start to work in a radio station and they have RadioBoss
What they want is :

Normally connect to a main station in another city trought internet connection, the main station send a 69 tone DTMF every 30 minuts for start locally only Adds and after resturn back to receive the internet streaming from main station that send again 69 tone for stop the local Adds.

I read the manual but i miss understand in DTMF part the first line "764C" example . What talk about this code?

Any sample please ? is really easy what they need but really  i cannot solve with out any help

Thanks in advance

Max

57 views and no answer ?

no info on manual about DTMF work ... it's really here any support ?

thanks in advance

The "764C" is just an example, actual tone depends on the station you're relaying. As you stated, your station uses "69" as a tone to start and stop adverts - you just need to put this code in the DTMF boxes.

First of all thanks for reply,
but i try to do that and no start and stop, in the windows that i can see what are doing the radio boss no message "detect dtmf"
and of course nothing happen.

Is possible to receive triught internet streaming the dtmf tone or only using line1 / 2 ?

Any samples ?

thanks
Max

maxidj said:
First of all thanks for reply,
but i try to do that and no start and stop, in the windows that i can see what are doing the radio boss no message "detect dtmf"
and of course nothing happen.

Is possible to receive triught internet streaming the dtmf tone or only using line1 / 2 ?
You should specify where it detects DTMF tones - it can be one of the sound card inputs, or Internet stream.
Please read this User Manual page about DTMF fro more information:
http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/starting_events_by_dtmf_signal.htm

Question :
in the LOG windows i need to see DTMF detected ?
I never see

What i program :

In event :
1)DISCONECT FROM MAIN STUDIO : DTMF 69
                                                        START ONLY WITH DTMF
2)adsupdate                           

3) CONNECT TO MAIN STUDIO        : DTMF 69
                                                        START ONLY WITH DTMF

Is wrong ?
may be i miss undertand the manual ?

Thanks in advance
Max

It will show in the log that the event was started. Essential parts with DTMF is to set the source where the software will look for DTMF tones (in Settings->DTMF).

Can you please specify what is not working with DTMF in your case?

Hi again, yes i set in DTMF source internet streaming : URL ->  http://193.239.13.17:8070
(this ip is for test and it work 24/7 untill we can use DTMF on Radio Boss)

In the log never see DTMF detect and of course no conex/desconex and no adds play

I assume that i do something wrong, but what and where ? i read the manual several times, and for your info i test the main stream with another soft (ZaraStudio) and it work, but this soft is from another customer and i cannot tyou in this radio station of course.

Thanks in advance
Max

I just take a look more inside the program windows, and i find in the ADD generator that also is present a line that talk about DTMF, i just insert the tone number and etc in this windows, now i stand by for test, may be this is my mistake ?
I hope that it work ... i keep you update
thanks
Max

If you set to use the DTMF in AdScheduler, then events generated by it will use the DTMF to start and stop. You also need to make sure that the station you're relaying actually uses "69" tone for ad breaks.

Hi again, with the last conf and msg it make only one crono job, like you can see:
----------------------------------------------
http://193.239.13.17:8070 #0
Starting event by DTMF [69]
Schedule: 4 jue_07-29
Thai Restaurant Naga V3
150305 Sandunga - ESP
http://193.239.13.17:8070 #0
----------------------------------------------

Question:
is possible that the volume level is too low or silent before/after the tone is to short from main studio ?

Thanks in advance
Max

uhmmm,
in the main program ads schedules, isn't present this command that i think is my problem

TIME that stand by untill ...

only is present in another screen, and what i think is that the main studio don't send the tones excatly at 10.30 for example, and what i see is that when pass this time the event is cut out ...
is this my iussue ?

only edit one by one event for change this timer ?

maxidj said:
only is present in another screen, and what i think is that the main studio don't send the tones excatly at 10.30 for example, and what i see is that when pass this time the event is cut out ...
is this my iussue ?
Yes, it could well be the cause. You can widen the time frame during which it looks for the DTMF tones. Open Settings->DTMF and adjust the "DTMF checking frame" setting (default is 5 minutes, perhaps you should increase it to 15 minutes, or even more).

The "DTMF checking frame" works like this: if you event's start time is 12:00:00 and frame is set to 15 minutes, then it'll look for a tone from 11:45:00 to 12:00:00.

"The "DTMF checking frame" works like this: if you event's start time is 12:00:00 and frame is set to 15 minutes, then it'll look for a tone from 11:45:00 to 12:00:00."

uhmm, this timer is looking 15 min BEFORE not AFTER the event time ... must be make a calculation to inserte the EVENT TIME in the middle ...

maxidj said:
"The "DTMF checking frame" works like this: if you event's start time is 12:00:00 and frame is set to 15 minutes, then it'll look for a tone from 11:45:00 to 12:00:00."

uhmm, this timer is looking 15 min BEFORE not AFTER the event time ... must be make a calculation to inserte the EVENT TIME in the middle ...
If you need it to check at 12:00:00 +/- 10 minutes then you should set event start time to 12:00:00 and DTMF checking frame to 20 minutes.

Yes, is what i think and do ...
stand by now for tones ...

One question more, how auto clean on the event list the expired  ? i take a look now on the manual

maxidj said:
One question more, how auto clean on the event list the expired  ? i take a look now on the manual
Scheduled tracks are removed automatically. You can use the "Maximum time wait" option in the scheduled event if you need more control about expiration.

Hi again
i'm sorry but after few days testing this soft doesn't work 100% with DTMF tone at the moment.
We use the latest version, and we cannot use.

Thanks for your help

Max

maxidj said:
i'm sorry but after few days testing this soft doesn't work 100% with DTMF tone at the moment.
We use the latest version, and we cannot use.
Can you please provide more information on what doesn't work?

Back