Bugs RadioBOSS 7.0 beta

Thanks, Dimity. I am loving the schedular, you must have worked very hard on it listening to our moans and groans and shaped this wizard into a really well sculpted feature. :)

Jose David Pernia When I removed the other bad schedules by deleting them this all started working. :)

I ran this random schedule to destruction yesterday with the latest update 7.01.04. Most pleasantly all of the event created sound on all 15-minute intervals. I was able to change volume in the single wav play and created random events, but the problem still exists when scheduler finishes the schedule on shuffle play. It seems to end the schedule disabling shuffle play and then go to next track in playlist same artist and avoid repeat protection. This happens only on exiting scheduler.

I can think of additional features but to be honest I am not even sure they are possible to gather the information without some form of AI. For example, something to provide the next three tracks even on shuffle play that will be played and place them into an announcement vocal event by text to voice?

Looks like a bug, thank you.

There's no bug. The playlists you use are faulty.
The playlist was not faulty, but the schedule was. I removed the schedule and duplicated the same schedule that worked changing to the same old playlist. I note code 2 can also mean the file in the playlist cannot be addressed but this was not in my case the cause for --.-- duration , but as I could play playlist in RB this is or was not the case. I have it all working now so believe it was the schedule

You use amplification +17dB. This causes sound distortion. You should lower the main Gain regulator by at least -16dB to prevent this.

If the duration is not shown, most likely the cause for it is that a track doesn't exist.

I'm sorry but we can't reproduce any problems with loading playlists using the scheduler. In your case it looks like playlist file contains an entry pointing to an invalid file.

This definitely means that the playlist has an incorrect, unplayable entry.
the playlist functioned when imported into RB as such I believe it was a possibly a previous installation causing issue wish schedule. Creating new schedule removed the problem. I note my application on the Field Types not applied as playlist and sounds was not in the directory to apply it. All is working now with exception of:

There is still outstanding issue bug on shuffle play the schedule event when it finishes execution does not check shuffle play is active. It just plays the next track not checking it a duplicate artist and the protection system catching duplicates seams not to be applied.

BUENAS TARDES AMIGOS SERA QUE RADIOBOSS PUEDA TENER ESTA CONFIGURACIÓN PARA AUTOMATIZAR Y/O PROGRAMAR
Please write in English.

but the problem still exists when scheduler finishes the schedule on shuffle play. It seems to end the schedule disabling shuffle play and then go to next track in playlist same artist and avoid repeat protection
Shuffle mode does not have any repeat protection at all. When there are scheduled tracks in the playlist, they play in order, after scheduled tracks it will go back to Shuffle mode.

I have it all working now so believe it was the schedule
It's not possible technically, scheduler does not modify the playlist.

There is still outstanding issue bug on shuffle play the schedule event when it finishes execution does not check shuffle play is active. It just plays the next track not checking it a duplicate artist and the protection system catching duplicates seams not to be applied.
This is not a bug. Shuffle doesn't have any repeat protection.

Shuffle mode does not have any repeat protection at all. When there are scheduled tracks in the playlist, they play in order, after scheduled tracks it will go back to Shuffle mode.

This is not a bug. Shuffle doesn't have any repeat protection.
Hmm, When I play with shuffle enabled it doesn't repeat artists or tracks with the Playlist >> 'Track Repeat List Parameters'. This works on shuffle.

When it comes out of the schedular event inserting files this operates correctly. However, it does not return to shuffle play after the event runs but plays next track in playlist even if it's same artist. I hope you understand as it's hard to explain. I am expecting it to carry on shuffle immediately.

I am really confused now Dimitri you said I don't need 17db . I reset everything in RB Main Gain 0, No Auto Amp no Settings >>Playback >> Miscellaneous Preamp with tracks with or without gain 0. Use track replay gai on . In Thiemo I need gain of +15 db which wipes out vocals bypassing DSP! could you explain how to get zero settings

I had 20db on even schedule sounds +vocal this cannot get over the DSP . Do you have any Ideas the direct sound play from mp3 has a volume set at 76 to get enough volume to get over sound?

Hmm, When I play with shuffle enabled it doesn't repeat artists or tracks with the Playlist >> 'Track Repeat List Parameters'. This works on shuffle.
Those parameters are for Track List only, they are not taken into account for Shuffle playback.

However, it does not return to shuffle play after the event runs but plays next track in playlist even if it's same artist. I hope you understand as it's hard to explain. I am expecting it to carry on shuffle immediately.
I think we can arrange it, but still if the problem you're trying to solve is track repeats, you should not use Shuffle at all. Either create playlists using the Playlist Generator, or use the Track List feature. They have proper repeat protection function.

I am really confused now Dimitri you said I don't need 17db . I reset everything in RB Main Gain 0, No Auto Amp no Settings >>Playback >> Miscellaneous Preamp with tracks with or without gain 0. Use track replay gai on . In Thiemo I need gain of +15 db which wipes out vocals bypassing DSP! could you explain how to get zero settings
If you have +17dB amplification for a file type, and your main Gain is set to 0dB, the resulting level can potentially be +17dB which is a lot above 0dB so will likely lead to a distortion. You should ensure that your resulting level is 0dB or lower.

There does not seem any help in the help file for Replay Gain or Playback-Miscellaneous
ReplayGain is used for normalization, it's not about fighting distortion or anything.

B. Roberts thank so much for this I tried TEASER=C:\My Music\Playlists\ALL erotic and lush.m3u8|C:\My Music\Teaser||F|3||3|R|5000|R|0 But it just put it in playlist then removed it I tried what you said but I have to find a more stable website. as this one is killing my efforts to build anything on it

Those parameters are for Track List only, they are not taken into account for Shuffle playback.

I think we can arrange it, but still if the problem you're trying to solve is track repeats, you should not use Shuffle at all. Either create playlists using the Playlist Generator, or use the Track List feature. They have proper repeat protection function.
This does work without any repeat in playlist please note this and please try yourself.

You said "If you have +17dB amplification for a file type, and your main Gain is set to 0dB, the resulting level can potentially be +17dB which is a lot above 0dB so will likely lead to a distortion. You should ensure that your resulting level is 0dB or lower."

I asked for some clarity as the output is not distorted at all. In fact, if I have zero gain in Thimeo the Noise Gate in Thimeo kicks in as there is no sound, I asked you for clarity on the settings >>Playback >> Miscellaneous settings as I presumed this is applying Replay Track Gain but may not be case with just 'use Track Replay Gain' ticked. Does it require Auto Amp AGC on FX Window. All my mp3 are within blue frame on Track Properties.

The problem I am having is balancing the schedule playlists with the normal playlist play the schedule playlist appears not to get through at +20 on File Type and audio is very quiet which cannot be corrected as is maximized and is not going out through DSP.

Thimeo is maximizing output in the frame. Therefore, when these vocals are added they are significant lower volume for these schedules IDK why?

On a separate note, the single schedule Audio track does work as it has a separate volume on the schedule event currently set to overlay at 76.

In addition, note my Filetypes for Auto Intro set at +11 is getting out fine when not going through DSP and is a vocal track.

B. Roberts thank so much for this I must have missed something. Ay help please?

a59c961a0ed7cbd59640f921201632a8.png

38228c163589fb249d0139e1ae18611b.png

cf352e42242fae272d634ed318aa5508.png
5b9b38b5d580d0268706fa6b8f02725d.png

Last edited:
This only controls using of the ReplayGain tag, and it only works if a track contains such a tag. You can turn that off and, optionally, normalize tracks in RadioBOSS instead: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/normalizing-tracks.htm (this way you will see applied tag in Track Tool).

There's no difference in processing scheduled vs regular tracks.

Thank you for the suggestions, this makes sense, we'll improve the comment item in the future.
Then why do I experience it really quiet audio on SIDRoot and schedule as compared to field type for Auto Intro which sounds out fine am I missing something. I have supplied you screens in case you have keener eye.

Auto Intro
1738b2f6e0f24708e8f7322fad6b9118.png

And the SID Root
178b918182a7e7e19f73672f6378560c.png

When these are within blue lines :
0aa1793f337953bc7b1ac7ad9ad001c2.png

And also, these play in playlist in RB loud. but various volume but in blue frame

Also, my shuffle is not repeating tracks for whatever reason, and I like it doing this, it does not shuffle when it exists the event schedule. but shuffles the track after playing the next track after the first where it was placed after.

Hi. I would point out Dimitri. I have been playing music on this Playlist on shuffle for three days and hear no repeat other than 30 mins which is set in the parameter for controlling repeats, so it has been working three days perfectly.

Furthermore, I tried TEASER=C:\My Music\Playlists\ALL erotic and lush.m3u8|C:\My Music\Teaser||P|3||3|R|5000|R|0. This didn't play my intro in C:\My Music\Teaser but overlayed a lot of music which sounded a mess. I am thinking this should but 8 seconds of each song. Which was suggested. I am not sure this is working either. It didn't look like it was shuffling this either. It's just the other two bugs you are aware of exiting a schedule even plays *not shuffle* track but next one in playlist. Events Schedule's with a playlist of tracks even though normalized play at different volume as pointed out.

Am about to give up with the schedular as its not working at all for me I realize it's a beta I have three voices over in a schedule that all play different volumes, yet they are normalized ad play perfectly the same when loaded into RB as playlist.

Video of sound volume issues https://youtu.be/uU6sw7izOcw

Last edited:
I should also point out some of the other schedule events don't disable. like the one above

better video showing sound deficiency in schedule event varying audio recorded with microphone in room not so good sound recording. But you can hear that as I said it is varying sound. The other video shows what it does in shuffle thee both look like bugs to me can anyone else try please as i don't think Dimitri believes me.
https://youtu.be/mHHjbCNVAbU

Last edited:
Then why do I experience it really quiet audio on SIDRoot and schedule as compared to field type for Auto Intro which sounds out fine am I missing something. I have supplied you screens in case you have keener eye.
Maybe the file type is not detected?

And also, these play in playlist in RB loud. but various volume but in blue frame
Track Tool does not take into account file type level modifications.

Also, my shuffle is not repeating tracks for whatever reason, and I like it doing this, it does not shuffle when it exists the event schedule. but shuffles the track after playing the next track after the first where it was placed after.
This is Shuffle, not Random, so it may not repeat because it tries to play all tracks before re-shuffling the list. Please wait for the next update, it will use Shuffle mode right after the last scheduled track in the playlist.

Am about to give up with the schedular as its not working at all for me I realize it's a beta I have three voices over in a schedule that all play different volumes, yet they are normalized ad play perfectly the same when loaded into RB as playlist.
There are no known bugs in the scheduler in this beta, everything works as intended as far as we know.

better video showing sound deficiency in schedule event varying audio recorded with microphone in room not so good sound recording. But you can hear that as I said it is varying sound
Scheduler does not change volume level. We can't confirm this problem here.

Maybe the file type is not detected?

Track Tool does not take into account file type level modifications.
Could this be because it is wav file not MP3? The wav file is 44,100Hz at 16bit?
This is Shuffle, not Random, so it may not repeat because it tries to play all tracks before re-shuffling the list. Please wait for the next update, it will use Shuffle mode right after the last scheduled track in the playlist.

The shuffle is great normally working without repeat it does not shuffle the tracks in playlist leaving them shuffled which is good but plays in shuffle order which is what it should do. It does not repeat (see with what I showed you enabled), which is brilliant.

It just the scheduler please try: Sort playlist by artist it and watch with Shuffle depressed playing music it will skip over playlist playing tracks. Press 'Run NOW' on a schedule event with playlist. It will place these into playlist, then play them variable volume then remove them, the schedule event will play next track after the first one it inserted event after you can clearly then see its same artist up next. I have sent video of this so you could see it happening. I am going to convert them to MP3. and Try.

In addition, if I have an open playlist in RB then I run down the playing files, they are quiet if I click them one at the time, they are much louder what is occurring here please? These are mp3. https://youtube.com/shorts/9m as you can see this only started happing in beta can you explain why this is not a bug? As it makes no sense to us. I converted these all to mp3.

After converting all of these to MP3 they all play at different levels. Despite being normalized in Audacity I don't see why you are not seeing the same thing.

Back