Cannot modify read-only attribute error & Cannot backup: error 1

curtisthecat

Hello,

after Playlist Creator Pro creates its playlists, an error pops up saying "cannot modify read-only attribute," which freezes the playback. Additionally, whenever i try to backup settings, it says "cannot backup: error 1."

It appears that RadioBOSS is unable to write to the settings folder for some reason (access rights were modified for some reason, antivirus blocks the write operation, a virus).

You can open this folder by clicking Settings->Open Settings Folder - make sure that current Windows user has rights to read and write to that folder.

As a last resort, you can try reinstalling RadioBOSS to a different folder.

The account I am on has administrator privileges. I reinstalled the program to C:\RadioBOSS and still get the error. However, my music files are read-only. Is this why the error is occurring?

Yes, read only music files can be a problem. In this case you can disable tag update: open settings, on general tab turn off the "Append APEv2 tag" option.

The error still occurs regardless of changing that setting. I had the "Append APEv2 Tag" checked on my old version of RadioBOSS (5.2.3.0) and it caused no errors.

Can you please send a screenshot (or exact text of error message, click Ctrl+C in the error box), we'll see what could be wrong.

Have you tried right-clicking on Music Folder, Properties, deselect "Read-Only (Only Applies to files in folder)"?

Back