Configuration Wizard

P

pety

Is it possible to make a module wich start after installation of RB?
This module ask for locations of Base.xml, Report, Profile... almost everithing.
Why?
Becouse is very important to store all Reports in the same folder. Is very important to have control. Profile also is very important. Schedule too.

pety said:
This module ask for locations of Base.xml, Report, Profile... almost everithing.
Why?
Becouse is very important to store all Reports in the same folder. Is very important to have control. Profile also is very important. Schedule too.
Are you using non-default folders for report and base.xml storage and you need to change that folders on startup?
Or you just need a some kind of "import" feature to import settings, scheduler, etc from previous installation?

Currently we're working on a settings backup/restore feature which will make possible to easily transfer, backup or restore settings.

djsoft said:
pety said:
Why?
Are you using non-default folders for report and base.xml storage and you need to change that folders on startup?
Or you just need a some kind of "import" feature to import settings, scheduler, etc from previous installation?

Currently we're working on a settings backup/restore feature which will make possible to easily transfer, backup or restore settings.
It is Both. An example. 1. If I set from the beginning a special folder for Schedule when I save a schedule from Control Panel a window is opening for save directly in Schedule folder. 2. When I finish to create a playlist when I want to save the playlist a window is openning directly to Playlist folder. 3. When I click "Add file" icon (button) a window to open directly in my music folder. And so on.

It is very annoying when I want to save a playlist or a schedule to browse all the time at specified location.

I think the solution can be easier if you just need to store folders for scheduler and playlists. It will save folder location automatically, so all Open/Save dialogs will go to its own folder (eg when you open a playlist it will go to last folder you used for playlists). This feature already exists... but it was turned off in RB 4.0 couple of years ago. I think we can turn it back on in the next update.

djsoft said:
I think the solution can be easier if you just need to store folders for scheduler and playlists. It will save folder location automatically, so all Open/Save dialogs will go to its own folder (eg when you open a playlist it will go to last folder you used for playlists). This feature already exists... but it was turned off in RB 4.0 couple of years ago. I think we can turn it back on in the next update.
That's great news. We make playlist for every hour and this option will be great. Thanks a lot!

Back