Crossfades in AUX

P

pety

AUX player is very useful in emergency situations. It can be used in many situations but i feel frustrated becouse it is not complete.

I think AUX PLAYER MUST HAVE all crossfade functions.

It is great that now RB will have AUX Player, but in my opinion it is a not finished thing.
If I buy a car and it doesn't have two weels...  ;D

pety said:
AUX player is very useful in emergency situations. It can be used in many situations but i feel frustrated becouse it is not complete.

I think AUX PLAYER MUST HAVE all crossfade functions.

It is great that now RB will have AUX Player, but in my opinion it is a not finished thing.
If I buy a car and it doesn't have two weels...  ;D
For emergency you can create a regular playlist tab. I'm not sure if AUX players need to be fully-featured. Let's wait what other users have to say :)

AUX players do come in handy during certain situations. I am a little confused on how you would add the crossfading features to them. Pety, when you say crossfading, do you mean when you click on another file while one is playing, it will crossfade into that track?

NounosSon said:
AUX players do come in handy during certain situations. I am a little confused on how you would add the crossfading features to them. Pety, when you say crossfading, do you mean when you click on another file while one is playing, it will crossfade into that track?
Yes, indeed. Also different fades for different file types too. I think it is a must  :)

ZaraRadio (FREE) has excellent AUX players. Buttons are smaller, nice coloured and soft. Tracks are very nice highlighted (as the Main Player - PLaylist) and FADES function. That is what myself and other professional radio workers understand by AUX players.

Update:
Icons have description (New, Open, Save, Save As... etc.).

If RadioBOSS makes non-finished things than his target is... THE KITSCH.

Attachments

• _zara_AUX.jpg
    _zara_AUX.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 484
pety
The AUX player is like a Cart Wall but it's in a different form and has some features cart wall doesn't have (like seeking, drag-n-drop between lists). It can also be used as a playlist editor or a list of tracks for different occasions.

Maybe it should have fade in/fade out support, but I'm not sure if we need it as a fully-featured player window.

Regarding the buttons, I wouldn't say that smaller buttons are better. Screens nowadays are big, so we shouldn't worry about button size. RB 5.0 has button style support - if you like, you can create small buttons (example styles will be included in the next RB 5.0 beta update).

nelson c
Search feature for AUX players will be added.

Dmitry

I can handle without AUX. I did it until now. BUT if you make AUX players, I think you would make it by the book. We know how an AUX player looks like and we know how it function.

Without Fade IN/OUT an AUX player isn't AUX player.

BTW. Make our RadioBOSS to look and to be professional, to be proud of it  ;)

pety
Currently the AUX player doesn't advance to another track... We'll see in the future how users accept it and then maybe more features will be added there.

pety said:
BTW. Make our RadioBOSS to look and to be professional, to be proud of it  ;)
We're moving in this direction :)

OK! RB is number one and I want to remain there  :)
RB is so good and all about it become personal  ;D

pety said:
Well, AUX players which doesn't do everything you need is still better than no AUX players at all :)

nelson c
other things that I think are very useful and easy implementation:
* Click on the current track panel automatically selects me list the song being played (same behavior as the main player)
* In the drop down menu to add commands to copy, paste and cut

nelson c said:
nelson c
other things that I think are very useful and easy implementation:
* Click on the current track panel automatically selects me list the song being played (same behavior as the main player)
* In the drop down menu to add commands to copy, paste and cut
Those are easy features and will be added. I don't promise them for 5.0, but in one of the updates for sure.

djsoft said:
pety said:
Well, AUX players which doesn't do everything you need is still better than no AUX players at all :)
Yes, it is better for anyone who use it without fade in/out, but we will do not use AUX player. So for us AUX without fade in/out is useless, it is like AUX does not exist. Make happy other people, but not us  :( .

Dmitry, please look at image to understand what is logic for me about relations betwen Main and Aux player.

Attachments

• _audio_share_functions.jpg
    _audio_share_functions.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 522
pety said:
Yes, it is better for anyone who use it without fade in/out, but we will do not use AUX player. So for us AUX without fade in/out is useless, it is like AUX does not exist. Make happy other people, but not us  :( .
[/quote]
It looks like you seek an exact copy of the main playlist, but this is not the purpose why AUX players were made.
The fact that AUX player can output to the Main sound card doesn't obligate it to have the same features as Main playlist does.

Fade in/out features will be added when you start/stop a track, but it won't auto-advance to the next track in the 5.0 version - maybe in the future.

I am afraid to make another requests...  :'(

I am afraid to hunt any bugs...

pety said:

You shouldn't be :) The AUX players as well as other features will be improved over time.

djsoft said:
pety said:

You shouldn't be :) The AUX players as well as other features will be improved over time.
Yea, like "Time Syncronisation".  :-\

Back