does having a good sound card make a difference with radioboss?

nyankee

I know radioboss works with most if not all sounds cards. But If I was to buy a sound blaster xfi champion serious sound card, creative's best sound card, will that improve the sound of what the listeners hear on their end? In order words, will it improve my sound quality of my stream in any way? Or do all sound cards sound the same with radioboss, when it comes to the quality of the music being streamed, regardless if it's 64, 96, or 128?

First of all, when speaking about quality, MP3 128kbit as a sound source is far from best choice.
The good card won't give much sound quality for users who listen to your radio at their computers, as they still could have $5 sound cards and $10 speakers.
X-Fi Champion is the same as all other X-fi cards (built on the same platform) - its quality won't be any different from regular X-fi. It's just new features (EAX, ASIO, digital outputs, etc).

The cheap card's clock may affect streaming reliability. Eg, its clock can work on 48005Hz instead of 48000, and if you're streaming for several days, it could cause stream discontinuity.

So, I'd recommend using this card (or any other good card) if now you're using cheap or built-in card like AC'97.

I use Realtek HD, but went and grabbed a Turtle Beach USB card a couple years ago, so I'm using the Turtle Beach USB card with Virtual Audio Cable and my sound skips all the time.  I'm thinking of getting a Behringer PodcastStudio USB to up my audio a bit for when I'm broadcasting.

Turtle Beach cards are good and should work fine. An old Turtle Beach Montego has been tested with RB and no problems revealed.

Sometimes it's not the card which causes a problem - it can be an other component in the system.

Yeah, mine is just a cheap card that has no stereo mix, no stereo, no amplification, nothing!  I have had these problems ever since I've run the Realtek or the USB card just mainly because there's no amplification to the card whatsoever.  Like you said in the one post, that windows cards like this tend to do this when they run too long.

Yes, some cheap sound cards do not "like" working for continuous time. But there are cases RB runs fine using an onboard Realtek for months... It depends on PC components quality, especially motherboard.

Yeah, I'm not sure about the motherboard, but I know since I run Windows 7, the onboard sound isn't like it used to be.  When I ran XP years ago, I had top end audio, I haven't had that since Vista came out.  Now when I run top end cards, I don't have the issue.

Back