flac metadata

Could you also add FLAC without Ogg, as an further encoder?
Then Icecast would allow the metadata updates via URL and you could enjoy lossless music also with Safari.

Could you also add FLAC without Ogg, as an further encoder?
Then Icecast would allow the metadata updates via URL and you could enjoy lossless music also with Safari.
You can use the custom encoders to add this: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/custom-encoders.htm
Encoder can be downloaded from here: https://xiph.org/flac/download.html

The command line you can start with (untested)
Code:
flac.exe -s -c -8 --channels={Channels} --bps=16 --sample-rate={SampleRate} --force-raw-format --sign=signed --endian=little -

Not working with title & artist
So for me it works without problems (v2.4.0-kh16):
<title>MARTIN GARRIX &amp; BEBE REXHA - IN THE NAME OF LOVE (THE HIM REMIX)</title>
<annotation>Content Type: audio/flac</annotation>
And with OGG, as a container:
<title/>
<annotation>Content Type: audio/ogg</annotation>

I'm just a little bit confused, why the stream is just loading, even when sending RAW audio.
C:\Program Files\RadioBOSS\Plugins\pcmraw.exe - -

Last edited:
I'm just a little bit confused, why the stream is just loading, even when sending RAW audio.
RAW audio is sent without any headers, so the receiving part must already be told somehow what format this is (sample rate, channels, etc).

It doesn't work with these commands either:
flac.exe -s -c -8 --channels={Channels} --bps=16 --sample-rate={SampleRate} --force-raw-format --sign=signed --endian=little -
ffmpeg.exe -f s16le -ac {Channels} -ar {SampleRate} -i - -f flac -
Is there anything special you have to consider, when using the custom encoders?

Last edited:
Did you specify the full path to the encoder file? What error message does it show?

RadioBOSS does not give any error and Icecast claims that the source has connected successfully, but you cannot listen to the stream with any client.

RadioBOSS does not give any error and Icecast claims that the source has connected successfully, but you cannot listen to the stream with any client.
I don't recall the technical details. but probably OGG container is a requirement.
Please try the following command line (change the path to your actual RadioBOSS installation path):
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\RadioBOSS\Plugins\flac.exe -s -c -8 --channels={Channels} --bps=16 --sample-rate={SampleRate} --force-raw-format --sign=signed --endian=little --ogg -

I tried both of these methods to broadcast to RadioBoss Cloud and it didn't work. Somewhere on the internet I read that the meta data in ogg flac can be sent via the http get request method. It would be good if the RadioBoss team would check if this works and write us how to set it up.

I don't recall the technical details. but probably OGG container is a requirement.
Please try the following command line (change the path to your actual RadioBOSS installation path):
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\RadioBOSS\Plugins\flac.exe -s -c -8 --channels={Channels} --bps=16 --sample-rate={SampleRate} --force-raw-format --sign=signed --endian=little --ogg -
When I apply this, I receive the title information, but the audio cannot be decoded. When I add MIME, the audio is decoded, but then the title information is not being read.

Back