ideas for future improvements

nelson c

Hello here I share some screenshots with very useful things to have other soft that I think would be good to include in RB, comments are welcome! :)
1.additional search fields

Attachments

• busqudas.png
    busqudas.png
    36.8 KB · Views: 459
nelson c said:
Hello here I share some screenshots with very useful things to have other soft that I think would be good to include in RB, comments are welcome! :)
The Search feature in RB was designed as "quick" search - I'm not sure if we need very complicated things there...

It can be a bit complex, but undoubtedly is very powerful.
It is true that radioboss search is very fast, but in certain serious occasions useful to add more conditions to the search
I thought I could be useful to solve the problem that in radioboss can not perform searches combining fields (eg title + artist). this is only available in the music library.

Pety agree with the use of SQL is very convenient, not only for the administration of the music library, large companies seek these systems which can be given different permissions to users of the program and also conduct audits.
But anyway, I think the inclusion of SQL would be a great job and dispose of already accomplished.
also for what it says on the main page, is intended for medium RadioBOSS radio stations, but not much to envy to the most expensive and complex software :)

It is possible that in the future RadioBOSS will work with SQL server - as an option, by default it'll use XML files as it does now.

Regarding search improvements, the perform searches combining fields (eg title + artist) can be easily added.

djsoft said:
It is possible that in the future RadioBOSS will work with SQL server - as an option, by default it'll use XML files as it does now.

Regarding search improvements, the perform searches combining fields (eg title + artist) can be easily added.
For me and my radio station needs it is very well how RadioBOSS works now. We have a very dinamic schedule. Every day we add new anouncements, voice tracks etc., etc. For us, right now, SQL database is not an option. Fast access to the folders, add tracks from explorer directly in RB, low resource consuming... all that and more are perfect in RadioBOSS.

I have another station wich will work very well with MySQL database becouse of its predictive scheduler. There is not (so) much dinamic work.

pety said:
Fast access to the folders, add tracks from explorer directly in RB, low resource consuming... all that and more are perfect in RadioBOSS.
Yes, and it will stay that way. An SQL, if added, will be an option for those who need it.

I think a great idea. :)
radios more girls who need easy and fast will continue using xml, and on the other larger companies will be able to opt for SQL.

I think external programs to be installed is not good because the "size" becomes large and is more possible of crashes . So it`s more good not to implement any external programs like SQL mentioned here. It`s near 1.5 GB of installation !

klinsoft said:
I think external programs to be installed is not good because the "size" becomes large and is more possible of crashes . So it`s more good not to implement any external programs like SQL mentioned here. It`s near 1.5 GB of installation !
There are different SQL engines, and there are few which require 1.5GB of space. Anyway, SQL will be optional and turned off by default, also we won't include it in the package (it will be a separate download).

Back