prelisten output distortion

M

mvhamersveld

hello

we have bougt another pc with another soundcard...
a soundblaster audigy se

but now we can no longer use the separate prelisten output .
it is heavely distorted on all outputs.
only the stereo split function still works well
assigning the prelisten output to all other outputs of the soundblaster audigy se causes a heavy distortion an the output.

on the the previous pc/soundcard was working just fine/

Only pre-listen output is distorted? If SB Audigy is set as main output, does it work fine?

hello thank you for your responce

yes de audigy works perfect on all outputs asigning them as main output
also when i use the stereo split the prelisten is correctly routed to de left channel of the audigy main or other outputs.

as soon as i route the prelisten output to one of the other outs then the choosen main out the prelisten signal is massively distorted but not loud.....the level is correct but it sound like a mega mega overload on the input....you can hardly recognise the tune.

also the audigy works fine on all other applycations such as media player.
the buildin test in the audigy software ,with a voice checking the connected speaker one by one , works fine.

ther are no other souncards intalled and no conflicts on irq assignment.

i have also used an other audigy card ! same results

however when i uninstall the audigy en switch the onboard c media ac97
back on in the bios ...en and intall the ac97 drivers ...the ac97 works perfectly
and the prelisten output is routable according to all option in the playbackmenu.

the motherboard is a asrock 775-I-65G and win xp sp 2 is installed
it is a fresh install and it is a clean pc with nothing but radioboss intalled

I really want to use the audigy ..cause it will probably sound much better then the ac97 onboard...

i have asked for an update on radio boss 5 days ago and was hoping there was a fixed bug that covers the issue.

sofar i had no reply on the update request.

thank you for yours help....

greetings Marc v Hamersveld.

mvhamersveld we'll try to resolve this problem in the next version.
About sound quality, I don't think there's much difference between AC'97 and Audigy, especially if you play files such mp3@128kbps. So until we prepare a new version you can use ac'97 card.

Updated version are sent in 2-10 hours after request. Very possible that your (or your ISP's) spam filter blocked our letter.

Back