Problem getting Mic To Work With Radioboss

Jay33

Hello
I have a problem getting my mic to work with the internal encoder built into radioboss. I have an external mixer and external soundcard its a berenger UCA 202 I also have radiocaster and I can broadcast fine with my mic and everything but if I set up to broadcast on the radioboss encoder all is fine but when it comes to talking no sound. But if I broadcast using radiocaster and playing the music with radioboss everything is ok. Can someone please help me

What are your settings for INPUT?
What are audio system (windows) settings?

Some screenshots?

I was using RDJ up to a week ago before it crashed so moved over to radioboss and was using my external soundcard with no problems. The mic works fine with radiocaster but if i broadcast with the internal encoder no voice from mic

Jay33 said:
I was using RDJ up to a week ago before it crashed so moved over to radioboss and was using my external soundcard with no problems. The mic works fine with radiocaster but if i broadcast with the internal encoder no voice from mic
Need to see the settings of RadioBOSS:
- Playback;
- Input;
- Broadcast.

Here are my Input, Playback & Broadcast screenshots

Attachments

• Broadcast.bmp
    2.3 MB · Views: 986
  • Input.bmp
    2.3 MB · Views: 842
  • Playback.bmp
    2.3 MB · Views: 895
I was advised also by dimitry to use the latest beta version, but the mic did not work on that either

Jay33 said:
I was advised also by dimitry to use the latest beta version, but the mic did not work on that either
You have wrong settings in RadioBOSS.
It works great for broadcasting and recording too.
Tell me how you use the mixer, soundcard and PC with RadioBOSS.

I have my external mixer going in to my main playout computer and my external soundcard is plugged in via USB and I use this as my main soundcard

Let me tell you how I will work:

I suppose that you use the Mixer Board for Microphone. So MIC goes in Mixer and the signal from the mixer goes (from 2-Track Output or Main Output) to MIC input of soundcard from the PC (I do not talking now about UCA202).

In Windows at audio settings Recording must be set on mic wich is used to take signal from the mixer; the same thing in Settings->Input->Mic in RadioBOSS.
The same Playback device in Windows is used also in RadioBOSS.

To activate MIC in RadioBOSS just use MIC button or Hot Key assigned to it.

If transmit to the internet at Broadcast settings add your encoder and server streaming dates and use from Source->Audio mix.

This is a scenario. Maybe you use another, but I must know how you work to guide you well.

Yes this is the way it is setup i have no problems with sound if i use radiocaster to broadcast but if i use the built in encoder works fine to play out music etc but when i use mic no sound and i have the setting the very same as radiocaster. It was working fine with RDJ had to change no settings but since RDJ stopped working and i started using radioboss with the built in encoder no sound from mic but works ok with radiocaster. Can you take a look via teamviewer

Jay33 said:
Yes this is the way it is setup i have no problems with sound if i use radiocaster to broadcast but if i use the built in encoder works fine to play out music etc but when i use mic no sound and i have the setting the very same as radiocaster. It was working fine with RDJ had to change no settings but since RDJ stopped working and i started using radioboss with the built in encoder no sound from mic but works ok with radiocaster. Can you take a look via teamviewer
Becouse you have NO Mic in RadioBOSS.

Attachments

• _No_MIC.jpg
    _No_MIC.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 769
Hello Pety
I dont want to use the mic button as there is alot of interference i want to activate mic from mixer like i was doing all along

Jay33 said:
Hello Pety
I dont want to use the mic button as there is alot of interference i want to activate mic from mixer like i was doing all along
OK!
What for you use the second INPUT 2?
Usually INPUT 2 is for another soundcard, not for the same.

Attachments

• _INPUT2.bmp
    116.5 KB · Views: 406
Hello Pety
Im using equaliser in radioboss and it not responding to voice as i dont have to be broadcasting with radiocaster and the graphic equaliser responds to my voice when speaking into the mic

Jay33 said:
Hello Pety
Im using equaliser in radioboss and it not responding to voice as i dont have to be broadcasting with radiocaster and the graphic equaliser responds to my voice when speaking into the mic
email me to establish a teamviewer connection...

Back