Radio Caster

i have configure RC i few times but ever so often the machine is restarted for  one reason or another. Somehow the settings that was put in is completely erased. is there anyway to have RC save the settings somewhere so that it can retrieve it automatically. Just as it is in RB.

Auto save every so often and load the default settings etc. same as in RB

Are you using the latest version of RadioCaster? It has the same settings save/load engine as RadioBOSS do.

There are no profiles in RadioCaster, it just has its own settings.

When you restart your PC is it a correct restart or not (eg. power failure)?

it either or a power failure or a restart
plus i don't see anything in the menu to save as a profile or save settings just in case something like that happens.
if it does then all settings would have to be re-entered

It saves the settings automatically.

You should avoid power failures because it could corrupt data you have on the disk.

understood but cant we have that kind of a function that RB has where if it happen we can go to the location where the settings is saved open it and all settings are restored.

Settings are stored in the AppData folder:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\djsoft.net\RadioCaster_NNN

You can open this folder and backup its contents.

Hi , The version of 1.5 radiocaster is incorrect. 1.4 is still on the download link  cheers FYI

That was fixed, please try downloading again: http://dl.djsoft.net/RadioCaster_setup.exe

hey djsoft, after installing RB fresh and set up a conection. Checked the connection it works. closed the application and restart the machine all the settings have been erased complete and there wasn't anyway to restore it except to re-enter the settings again.

Do you mean RadioBOSS or RadioCaster lost its settings?
The latest RadioCaster (1.5) uses XML to store settings which should be more stable.

Action Radio 95.1 said:
i was referring to the latest Radio Caster 1.5  lost the settings and was unable to retrieve it the settings
I think it's something wrong with your PC, eg. a virus or a problem with hard drive. Please check those.

From that updates to RC 1.5, there are some small jumps in the signal (like a scratched cd), I'm using streaming aac 64k, stereo server installed on the same pc (shoutcast v1).
listen: www.musiccarhue.com.ar/Varios/Enlace/Lento

15-25% CPU usage (the PC is used to download music, and run some small script that I developed), the music is captured from the console, and RB is on another PC.
2 GB ram
Intel Pentium E5300

Thanks!

How many streams do you have? If you have another stream in MP3 format, does it work fine?

Back