RadioBOSS 4.5 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
djsoft said:
About crossfading, I think there should be an option to select how user wants to do it - time based or dB.
This is good news. And I agree with giving options. Its always good for users to make their own choices.
djsoft said:
From DJSOFT: Or it should just skip events? From DJSTU:I would suggest that each event have a "life" to exist after its original intended time to play. Add in a box that has variables like if this event is unable to play/activate within x minutes of its posted event time, then its to be deleted.
I've been thinking further about this. I have given the impression that each event should have a "life" given to it. But I think a better way of handling it would be to do this (once again giving users options):
(1) The event has "NO Time to Live", therefore stays and subsequently plays (but only on hitting resume RB). This could be more than one event.
(2) The event has a "Time to Live" nominated in minutes after its designated scheduled time, therefore either stays or goes due to time lapse (remaining events play only on hitting resume RB). This could be more than one event.
(3) The event has a "MUST play", regardless of RB status. That is, if RB is in stop mode for instance, then the event happens regardless. It could be a command happening outside the Playlist, therefore the Playlist would not start but the event happens, or it could be an instruction affecting the mode of the Playlist. This could be more than one event.

DJSTU said:
djsoft said:
About crossfading, I think there should be an option to select how user wants to do it - time based or dB.
This is good news. And I agree with giving options. Its always good for users to make their own choices
It's not that easy. If there is huge amount of options, program becomes very complicated to use...
Option for crossfades will be added (in RadioBOSS 4.5.4 maybe).

DJSTU said:
djsoft said:
From DJSOFT: Or it should just skip events? From DJSTU:I would suggest that each event have a "life" to exist after its original intended time to play. Add in a box that has variables like if this event is unable to play/activate within x minutes of its posted event time, then its to be deleted.
I've been thinking further about this. I have given the impression that each event should have a "life" given to it. But I think a better way of handling it would be to do this (once again giving users options):
Yes, sounds good. But I think it goes to the next major update with public beta testing - RadioBOSS 4.6, in June (not sure yet).

Hey just noticed something that is kinda a pain. In the playlist you have "Start time" but this is not accurate because of cross fading. For example I have a cross fading time set of 2 seconds, so with each song the time changes by 5 seconds (not really sure why its 5 seconds, but thats what it ends up being), which does not seam like alot but over time it effects timing alot if I want a certain song to play at a certain time or if a band wants to know what time there song is gonna play its 30 mins off sometimes.

Could you make it where the "Start time" takes the cross fade time into effect so its accurate?

Yes, this is planned for future RadioBOSS 4.6 release. It's not that simple to calculate start time accurately. Many thing should be taken into account:
1) gap killer removes some time from beginning and end of track making track shorter
2) some tracks may have individual crossfading points
3) something may be started by scheduler making playlist longer...

We'll try to do something about it, but "Start Time" will never be 100% accurate.It's possible to make it better, so it won't "lie" much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back