RadioBOSS 4.5 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay awesome!

Its no problem, thats the thing with software. There could always be a bug and I am just happy that we have programmers like you who are fast at fixing things. :)

Isnt that what beta is for? :eek:

Anyway, when will this be fixed. I cant keep a stable radio station with radiboss now. This bug is keeping my radio down until you guys decide to release the fix, which you say has already been found....

The new version will be released this week.
During beta testing there were some bugs found, also our testing team found more bugs before release... but there are still bugs remaining.

Hey Djsoft

when i tried to play a .mp4 file on my radioboss program, it did not work for me all

so can you guys fix that problem on the next update of radioboss please

thanks

nyankee said:
I keep getting "ERROR: AudioEngine.Stop (access violation at adress 105021D1 in module 'bassmix.dll'. Write of address 000000B1)" after leacing radioboss on for a while, and i have to do a force close or its all bugy and slow.

Okay, i a starting to think that this issue has nothing to dont with http or live 365. I have it off and i still get this same error. What is going on and when are you guys fixing this?

Working on it now. First tests show that it's HTTP request feature causing this, and it's fixed. That's the error some other users experienced.
The bassmix.dll is something new... More info needed:
1) Are any Winamp plugins used
2) What soundcard
3) OS and version

New release will be in 5 hours... First tests show it's very stable, but there's always something wrong on user's machines :)

well, all past versions worked well, before the latest release. I even did a complete system recovery and same issue .

nyankee said:
well, all past versions worked well, before the latest release. I even did a complete system recovery and same issue .
That's what I don't understand, because audio engine wasn't modified. New version only has new UI and some non-global changes, which shouldn't lead to crashes.
We're doing testing and trying to reproduce the problem. You can use the previous 4.4 version if it worked well for you...

Hey Djsoft

when i tried to play a .mp4 file on my radioboss program, it did not work for me all

so can you guys fix that problem on the next update of radioboss please

thanks

bobby said:
Does this file play in another players, eg Windows Media Player?

Hey Djsoft

Yes it does, i just tested 1 mp4 file on windows media player and it does play .mp4 files on it

so i think there is a bug on radioboss then, that does not allow .mp4 files to be played

.mp4 is a container and it can be anything in it... Please upload the problem file somewhere so we can test it.

Hey djsoft

here is the download link for that .mp4 file you want to test out

http://uploading.com/files/ff8e8ae7/Disney%2B-%2BAladdin%2Bfor%2BPSP%2B%2528MP4%2529.MP4/

djsoft said:
Working on it now. First tests show that it's HTTP request feature causing this, and it's fixed. That's the error some other users experienced.
The bassmix.dll is something new... More info needed:
1) Are any Winamp plugins used
2) What soundcard
3) OS and version

New release will be in 5 hours... First tests show it's very stable, but there's always something wrong on user's machines :)

Well downaloaded new verison yeterday and left radioboss on all night, after checking back in the morning same error....
whatever you guys fixed in the new release didnt fix this at all.

The fix was related to another error when HTTP request was used. Problem is, nor we or any one of our testing team able to reproduce this error. If there are no winamp plugins, http/ftp request is off the program runs endlessly.

You can send us your settings, maybe there's something we didn't notice... Click Settings->Open settings folder, ZIP contents and send it to support@djsoft.net. Thanks!

Firstly I must apologise for having taken so long to reply to your questions DJSOFT. A family matter arose which took precedence and I have unable to take part in the forum for that reason.

djsoft said:
Do you want events which were passed while playlist wasn't playing be launched once playback is started? This may lead to some problems when several, like 3-5 events, starting at the same time... Or it should just skip events?
I would suggest that each event have a "life" to exist after its original intended time to play. Add in a box that has variables like if this event is unable to play/activate within x minutes of its posted event time, then its to be deleted.

djsoft said:
About crossfading. Do you think that current scheme (time based points+silence remover based on dB level) is good enough?
The answer is no I don't. I think you need to separate silence elimination from crossfading as they are two entirely different matters. Each should be processed separately, once again based on DB level.

I added suggestion about scheduler to request list. Will be implemented in one of the next versions...

About crossfading, I think there should be an option to select how user wants to do it - time based or dB. This also goes to the request list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back