RadioBOSS 4.5 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a valid point but the problem i have is sometimes i need the scheduler on to play things at certain times so its good to have it on, But sometimes i need to turn it off and on at certain times but i am not always able to do this so some of my scheduled shows either don't go out or if i forget to turn the scheduler off or can't access the computer then my lets say a 2 hour file might get chopped half way by something i have scheduled.

I do however understand what you mean, I just didn't know if there was anyway of adding a feature to Radioboss that could turn the scheduler at certain times on and off.

I am very glad to hear that the seconds will be added in 4.5.2 :)

Thank you for your help

southsound said:
That is a valid point but the problem i have is sometimes i need the scheduler on to play things at certain times so its good to have it on, But sometimes i need to turn it off and on at certain times but i am not always able to do this so some of my scheduled shows either don't go out or if i forget to turn the scheduler off or can't access the computer then my lets say a 2 hour file might get chopped half way by something i have scheduled.
The scheduler on/off feature will be improved. Maybe new scheduler state will be introduced, like "suspended" in addition to the "on" and "off". Can't say exactly yet, but in 4.5.2 version something will be done in this respect.

I am also having a problem where it closes randomly. Doesn't really give me a error, just says there was a problem and it closed unexpectedly. I am using Windows 7 64 bit.

djsoft said:
There were some fixes in the released version (RadioBOSS 4.5.0.735) which improve stability, so you should update it.

The last release you put up is 4.5.0.733 not 735. I am running 733.

The latest version is 733, but released version is 735, and that's what should be used: http://dl.djsoft.net/user/RadioBOSS_full.exe

southsound said:
I am using 735 and i am getting the same sort of problem too
The program suddenly closes? Usually antiviruses cause this problem - you should try disabling them.

Soon I'll start extensive testing with all popular antivirus packages to make a list of compatible/non-compatible AV solutions. One of the test machines have Avast 5 installed and RadioBOSS is running there for more than 100 hours already - so I can conclude that Avast doesn't make any trouble.

Also in the Settings->Playback->Miscellaneous check the "Disable 32-bit floating point channels" option. Some cards or drivers don't like it.

Hi,

About crossfading. Do you think that current scheme (time based points+silence remover based on dB level) is good enough?

Just to mentionned it is fine for me. Being able to specify crossfading values to specific file types is also very useful to me. Of couse it could alway be improved by adding "beat matching" and "beat lock" feature could be usefull on overlapping music when BPM are similars. But this is not so important.

About the scheduler, could it be possible to have a task to update music databases ?

Regards
Christian

Beat-matching is planned, but I don't think it will appear in the next 2 or more updates - there are many other things (more important) which should be done... I hope it will be done by July.

What music db update task should do? (rescan the music folder and add new tracks/remove deleted tracks I suppose?)

Hi,

I agree no rush for beat matching feature, Playlist gen pro is a much much higher priority, at least to me.
Yes updating all or one specific database(s) from the directory (ies) it relies on. Adding new tracks, deleting entries for removed tracks.
I manage tracks on server using SFTP. If automatic schedule task then no need to connect using RDP to update manually. Just have to wait a few hours.

Regards
Christian

I ran into this error again. It just told me RadioBOSS closed unexpectedly and then I had to restart it. I am not sure why it is doing this. I may re-install windows (I need to do this anyway) and im not sure if that will help or not.

Once again I am running Windows 7 64 bit.

I keep getting "ERROR: AudioEngine.Stop (access violation at adress 105021D1 in module 'bassmix.dll'. Write of address 000000B1)" after leacing radioboss on for a while, and i have to do a force close or its all bugy and slow.

nyankee said:
I keep getting "ERROR: AudioEngine.Stop (access violation at adress 105021D1 in module 'bassmix.dll'. Write of address 000000B1)" after leacing radioboss on for a while, and i have to do a force close or its all bugy and slow.
Same question as above, are you using the HTTP request/FTP upload?

You should turn it off for now... The feature contains a bug which leads to crashes. It'll be fixed very soon.

I do use that, but I can not just turn it off because I have to use it for my site. I will just have to deal with the crashes for now and hope its fixed soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back