RadioBOSS 5.0.2.0 PC locks up momentarily when searching the music library

Dmitry,

We are using RB version 5.0.2.0 with great success.  Thanks for the bug fixes and new features.

We are seeing a significant lag when we do a music library search on the search tab on the main screen right side window.

The symptoms are as follows:

1. We enter in the search string

2. At the bottom of that window an active message comes up saying "Searching xx%"

3. During that time the audio bar graph at the top of the screen freezes, so too does the audio bar graph on the FX tab on the left window, and the player and the push buttons seem to stop responding

4. If one track ends while the search is still going there is a long pause before the next track starts which generally happens after the search has finished.

We haven't really seen this fault before - a long time ago yes but not recently.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,  Jamie C.

Hi get a simular problem when I first try to upload the librairy , it stopped 3/4 of the way and does not respond could this be that there is a limit to size of music collection?

mikenico said:
Hi get a simular problem when I first try to upload the librairy , it stopped 3/4 of the way and does not respond could this be that there is a limit to size of music collection?
No. Larger libraries could take longer amount of time to show the search result for the first time. But lock ups should not occur at all, regardless the library size.
How large is your library?

My library is about 2tb in size, gets to the same file size spot so something it does not like, what files could the it stop at?

radiodungog said:
Ahhhh, too big to email to you.
You can upload it here: http://www.djsoft.net/incoming (up too 100MB).

mikenico said:
My library is about 2tb in size, gets to the same file size spot so something it does not like, what files could the it stop at?
Can you please give more information on the issue?

Dmitry,

The first upload failed so I just tried again.

The second attempt failed also.

Error message:  Invalid parameters.

Jamie C.

Jamie, please try uploading again. You can also compress the library file to make it smaller.

Dmitry,

Here is another symptom.  The biggest music library xml file eventually stops working on RB on two different PCs when opened in the right search window.

However, when opened under:  > Tools > Music Library it works fine.

Thanks,  Jamie C.

Jamie, please give more information on "stop working" - how this happens? Are there any error messages? Note that large library can take some time to load, so when searching for the first time it can be a bit slow. The next searches will be much faster as library is already cached.

You can also upload the library so we could test it here.

Dmitry,

Initially it works okay, then it stops responding.  By that I mean you can enter a string and nothing happens, no results, changing from artist to track makes no difference - nothing is displayed.

I'll try and upload it again tomorrow.  What is a good zip application to use ?  We don't have any installed in the studio.

Thanks,  Jamie C.

radiodungog said:
Initially it works okay, then it stops responding.  By that I mean you can enter a string and nothing happens, no results, changing from artist to track makes no difference - nothing is displayed.
Usually "stops responding" means that programs user interface doesn't respond: e.g. controls (buttons, menus, ...) are not accessible anymore. I suppose this is not the case, it just the search result stays empty, but the program still works?

radiodungog said:
I'll try and upload it again tomorrow.  What is a good zip application to use ?  We don't have any installed in the studio.
You can create archives in Windows: right-click on a file, click Send To and select "Compressed (zipped) folder" - you'll see a .zip archive created.

Yes, it will only accept files up to 100MB. How large is your library files and did you compress it?

Dmitry,

On the Windows screen the file size shows up as 61MB uncompressed.  I cannot see how large the compressed version is but it looks like about 6MB.

Jamie C.

You can send the 6MB zip file via e-mail.... Probably the upload system doesn't work with your browser for some reason.

Back