RadioBOSS 5.3 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
pety said:
djsoft said:
This is not the use case for the software anyway... There's no practical reason to set the empty playlist as Active and play it without tracks, so I suppose we should just leave it as it is :)
Dmitriy, I descovered accidentaly and if this happens in Live will be a mess.
Logicaly is:
if (playlist_empty AND hit_Enter_Key){
do nothing
} else {play_selected track}
THis is Logical and normaly.
It always worked like this... Even if the playlist is non-empty, but there's no track selected, pressing the Play button will fade out the current track and then will play nothing - stop. If you use the Play button (or equivalent feature like double-click, or a hot key) then you need to make sure that the track is selected. Maybe you're right, but I'm not sure 'fixing' it worth the effort... it's just not how it's supposed to be used...

pety said:
djsoft said:
pety said:
djsoft said:
pety said:
NoCover doesn't work in beta version.
Can you fix it before stable version?
It wasn't changed... I'll check what could be wrong there - I'd also suggest you to check if you have a valid "nocover.png" file in the settings folder.
I do have a valid. I just copied the old one to the new location. So, it is the same file.
Can you please send the file you're using? The bug doesn't reproduce here.

Find it here: http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4045.0;attach=5220
It's a screenshot, but I need the actual "nocover.png" you're using, as it seems to work well with my "nocover.png" file here...

It is your software. If I'll know that my softare has an logical inconsistency...
Mistakes can happens and if the operator is not trained for this type of mistake he will mess his radio show.

pety said:
It is your software. If I'll know that my softare has an logical inconsistency...
Mistakes can happens and if the operator is not trained for this type of mistake he will mess his radio show.
Maybe you're right. I'll add it to the list of bugs.

djsoft said:
pety said:
Maybe you're right. I'll add it to the list of bugs.
RadioBOSS win  ;)

Pety , next time look not just before the . but after it too. I mean for the .jpg and .png  :)

I knew that the problem is in your "television" .

openweathermap.org isn't the most accurate site for the temperature. It's often off by few degrees, at least for my city. Would it be possible to have a choice of few weather servers in the future?

Also I've scheduled a weather update at hour+2 minutes and temperature announcements at hour+3 minutes and a few times RB played the "TMP0" file. Was it a problem with the weather server or am I doing something wrong?

klinsoft said:
Pety , next time look not just before the . but after it too. I mean for the .jpg and .png  :)

I knew that the problem is in your "television" .
Indeed. Sometimes there are too many things to do in the same period of time.

Dmitriy

We experiment some problems with LineIN in Windows XP SP3:
- Interruptions;
- Sound Noise;
- Crackles;
- huge DELAY.

I made all configs I know but I couldn't fix it.
I would like to test yourself LineIN Rebroadcasting, maybe you will find the source of the problem.

Untill then, I will still use the 5.2 version.

pety said:
Dmitriy

- Interruptions;
- Sound Noise;
- Crackles;
- huge DELAY.

I would like to test yourself LineIN Rebroadcasting, maybe you will find the source of the problem.

I reinstalled 5.2 version and LineIN works through Windows Mixer Control without any problem.

pety said:
pety said:
Dmitriy

- Interruptions;
- Sound Noise;
- Crackles;
- huge DELAY.

I reinstalled 5.2 version and LineIN works through Windows Mixer Control without any problem.
Tested on other two PC's with Windows XP. LineIN doesn't manage well the sound. The words are cut, there is noise background, crackles and long delay. RadioBOSS BETA do not process well sound on LineIN.

pety said:
Tested on other two PC's with Windows XP. LineIN doesn't manage well the sound. The words are cut, there is noise background, crackles and long delay. RadioBOSS BETA do not process well sound on LineIN.
Do you use DirectSound or ASIO? If the former, then the delay (playback buffer size + input buffer size, with the default settings it is 600ms) is unavoidable.

Maya Vu?kovi? said:
openweathermap.org isn't the most accurate site for the temperature. It's often off by few degrees, at least for my city. Would it be possible to have a choice of few weather servers in the future?

Also I've scheduled a weather update at hour+2 minutes and temperature announcements at hour+3 minutes and a few times RB played the "TMP0" file. Was it a problem with the weather server or am I doing something wrong?
Currently openweathermap is the only weather source which can be used in RadioBOSS. In the future we'll add new weather sources.
For the TMP0 file, what was the actual temperature?

djsoft said:
pety said:
Do you use DirectSound or ASIO? If the former, then the delay (playback buffer size + input buffer size, with the default settings it is 600ms) is unavoidable.
I use Direct Sound in WinXP. Each 600ms or 300 + 300 ?

pety said:
I use Direct Sound in WinXP. Each 600ms or 300 + 300 ?
[/quote]
You can check buffer sizes:
Playback: Settings->Playback->Devices, check the Main and Monitor sound card (if used) - the bigger number determines the latency.
Input: Settings->Input, click Advanced, see the DirectSound Input Prebuf (default is 0.09 sec, which is 90ms).

You can reduce the latency, but you can't get rid of it when using DirectSound. Either upgrade to Windows Vista or newer, or use ASIO (ASIO4ALL if your sound card doesn't have native ASIO support).

Action Radio 95.1 said:
The file for the stable version of RB 5.3.0.2. Is it ready yet? The link isn't working yet still on the old version
Yes, this is a small problem with web cache - will be fixed shortly.

djsoft said:
pety said:
There are few problems:
- When I highlight a track for updating track info (tags), if in my playlist become active the next track, in Track Information area appear the current track which is playing, not the highlighted one.

So, this is not intended behavior for highlighted track. Highlighted function must keep in Track information area its info, even if other track from the playlist become active.
Yes, you're correct, a new setting will be added to control it.
Dmitriy, I do not find the new setting to controll it. Can you guide me?

pety said:
Dmitriy, I do not find the new setting to controll it. Can you guide me?
It's in the menu: View->Update the Track Information tab

Action Radio 95.1 said:
I am getting a VST bridge load error after installing the new update. now none of the vst will load
Is there any error message?
About VST, does it list the plugins but not load them, or there are no VST plugins in the list?

Action Radio 95.1 said:
the error message is "VST bridge load error"
there are VST plugins in the list (Stereotool and others)
That's odd. Is there any Details button? Can you also please send a screenshot of this error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back