RadioBOSS 5.8 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andreskr said:
Hello
I wanted to make a comment about the advertising programmer.
What is the possibility to add with the buttons "add" and "remove" the "replace" button. I say this because when an ad is scheduled and that announcement requires an audio change, you have to delete the ad completely and set it again to make the audio change. It would be nice if there was that button to replace audio.

Thank you and sorry for my English.

This is interesting, however this can be done at the moment by replacing the existing audio with another with the exact same name and works without problems.

Basti said:
1. Can't drag the black position marker any more
I'm not sure it was possible in the past - but I;ll add it to the bug tracker just in case.

Basti said:
When setting Hook in/out or other things it doesn't set where I click... approx 1 second later
When you set the cursor somewhere, it shows you the current position. When you click the Set button for Hook In/Hook Out it will set this position for this point. It appears to work correctly here.

Basti said:
The confirmation prompt is hardly annoying me... wish to disable it.
Can you please specify which one?

Basti said:
By skipping to the next track over "Next"-button the position marker isn't at the start.
Yes, it appears to be a bug, thanks.

Basti said:
Track Tool doesn't save correct information (no hook points, inccorect file type) - Espacially in case when opening the Track Tool right under a music file with file type set.
Can you please provide more information about it?

Basti said:
Also I am missing that feature: Hook Playlist column
This is planned and could be added in this or next version.

pety said:
I know, Dmitriy, that's why I pointed it out. Is it possible in the future to control areas of Music library?
Yes, scheduled for the future versions.

WNAQ db said:
One new addition is: Added ability to mute main playlist playback when prelisten is used.

Would it possible to do the same thing for Seque Editor and Seque Editor 3?
Yes, I think that could be possible, thank you for the idea!

Patrick De Bruyn said:
Iff a song is playeing an i select the pause button the music stops, that is ok but wenn i push the play button egain the player works but there is no music, so i have to pusch the play button again.
The problem is that the song starts at the beginning
I think Pause should be pause and not start at the beginning
Sorry for bad english
This appears to be a bug. We'll also add additional configuration option to control what the Play button does when a track is paused - resume or start from the beginning.

DJSTU said:
For some reason about 50% of them come up in ORANGE font instead of BLACK.
The only reason for this is that the tracks are assigned to one of the file types. Please check your file types, the one that has the orange color. Perhaps is has an identifier that is also a part of the newly created MP3's so theay are assigned to this file type.

DJSTU said:
When I click on a regular Music File in TRACK TOOL I notice File Type is also Blank. Is this default, or purely because the word MUSIC isn't there to appear ?
Blank means the music, and this is the default. Please note that even if it's blank, it doesn't mean the file does no belong to a file type, as assigning a file type from Track Tool is only one way, there are also other ways - using identifiers and folder based file types.

DJSTU said:
If I choose MUSIC (where at least the name MUSIC appears)  in Tools/Set File Type, it doesn't change the file type at all (unless this change is invisible).
This only clears the file type association same as track tool does, but does not exclude other means how the file type is assigned.

DJSTU said:
When you choose WAITING OPTIONS its not ACTIONing either Delete or Play.
It could be a bug, will be addressed in the next update.

nelson c said:
On the File type bed function, it would not be more optimal if two consecutive tracks belong to the same type of file, the reproduction of the bed continues, (instead of starting from the beginning again as before).
Maybe it's something difficult to implement but the result would be much more professional 
Yes due to how it's implemented now it would be a lot of work to make it work the way you request - this is planned for the future versions, though.

DJSTU said:
Yes, this was how it worked several years ago. Maybe even longer. Whilst stopped, nothing was inserted.
This will be changed in the next update so the events will not launch when it's stopped.

celso said:
Hello, I believe it must be a problem that is happening with windows 7 in both 64-bit and 32-bit versions, I tested both versions and the flaws are exactly the same. At the moment I do not have a computer with windows 10 or 8 to test, so I get here put the result.
Windows version and 32/64 bit does not matter, it works the same everywhere.

Andreskr said:
What is the possibility to add with the buttons "add" and "remove" the "replace" button. I say this because when an ad is scheduled and that announcement requires an audio change, you have to delete the ad completely and set it again to make the audio change. It would be nice if there was that button to replace audio.
The easiest way to replace the audio is to replace the audio file on the disk. The settings are stored in a separate file, so changing the audio will not affect the settings.

I am working on a PC in which RB always performs streaming playback except the commercial part.
It has been decided that the pc will be freezed, but I need the commercials and ADS Scheduler settings to be saved (they will be in a partition that was not freezed).
For this purpose, this unit will be used as an ads scheduler work folder. The question is what happens with the .Ini where is the configuration of each commercial. Is it also stored in the chosen folder?

djsoft said:
I don't think so as adding a new database is a lot of work, I'm sorry. Also SQL Server is not that popular. Is there any reason to prefer SQL Server over MySQL/MariaDB?
The reason is clearly its own. I have developed a software using SQL Server to classify music, where I can assign categories, number of weeks in this category, current rating, rating on the release date, weeks that was number 1, mood, intency, date of registration, tags , etc.
My idea was to work on the same database as RadioBOSS, adding some tables to achieve greater integration.

I think that until we have something like that available on RadioBOSS, a lot of time goes by

For now my software ends up generating playlist based on established filters; These playlists are what Playlist Gen Pro uses

Dmitry, I have the following doubt:
In the categories of Playlist Gen Pro
What happens when Start Position comes to the end, starts over again?

nelson c said:
The question is what happens with the .Ini where is the configuration of each commercial. Is it also stored in the chosen folder?
The settings for each advert are stored in .adsettings file, in the folder where the audio file is located.

nelson c said:
My idea was to work on the same database as RadioBOSS, adding some tables to achieve greater integration.
This is a very special case, and I don't think SQL Server will benefit other users. You can use the two databases from the same software - storing RadioBOSS databases inside your database is not a good idea anyway - we may add new tables or rename existing tables and it may be conflicting with your tables.

nelson c said:
I think that until we have something like that available on RadioBOSS, a lot of time goes by
It's not that bad :) I think we'll come to something pretty soon. It's just that there are lots of other plans.

nelson c said:
In the categories of Playlist Gen Pro
What happens when Start Position comes to the end, starts over again?
Yes, it resets to 1 once it reaches the last track in the category.

djsoft - In case you missed it, you didn't cover the problem I outlined with HOURS
as per my post - msg27243

https://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php?topic=5601.msg27243#msg27243

Thank you.

DJSTU said:
djsoft - In case you missed it, you didn't cover the problem I outlined with HOURS
as per my post - msg27243
This was actually taken into account - the information was put to the bug tracker. I forgot to mention it here :) We'll see what's wrong there.

djsoft said:
The easiest way to replace the audio is to replace the audio file on the disk. The settings are stored in a separate file, so changing the audio will not affect the settings.

Yeah right. That can be done, but ... there are clients that change the ad for a few days and after that, the one that was previously sounds again. So changing the file from the disk may be, but it's more tedious than just replacing in the ad scheduler.

Andreskr said:
Yeah right. That can be done, but ... there are clients that change the ad for a few days and after that, the one that was previously sounds again. So changing the file from the disk may be, but it's more tedious than just replacing in the ad scheduler.
I think you're right, this feature will be added in one of the next updates.

djsoft said:
I will be very pleased to resume translations
Please drop an email to support@djsoft.net about it, we'll continue this discussion there.

Hello Dmitry
I wrote you, already for some time an email for this topic, you received?

Hello,
If I try to install on my PC this version radioboss_setup_ 5.8.0.0. exe no problem if I try to install the updated beta version radioboss_setup_ 5.8.0.1. exe I get an error, which I put in the picture below. Does not find a library and crashes.

Attachments

• 2018-09-25 13_09_44-Window.jpg
    2018-09-25 13_09_44-Window.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 451
djsoft said:
Currently you can sort the events by the Run In column, in this case you will see the events in order they are supposed to start.

Hi, I would like to suggest that the settings for show groups are stored the way they were last marked, because when we restart Radioboss it comes back with this always checked box. Congratulations on having inserted the option to show groups, really very useful mainly to edit when there are many events, which usually happens on a radio.

Marco Nicolosi said:
Hello,
If I try to install on my PC this version radioboss_setup_ 5.8.0.0. exe no problem if I try to install the updated beta version radioboss_setup_ 5.8.0.1. exe I get an error, which I put in the picture below. Does not find a library and crashes.
Please try reinstalling it, the error message says the "bassenc.dll" file is missing, but as I checked, it's properly installed by 5.8.0.1 installer.

celso said:
Hi, I would like to suggest that the settings for show groups are stored the way they were last marked, because when we restart Radioboss it comes back with this always checked box. Congratulations on having inserted the option to show groups, really very useful mainly to edit when there are many events, which usually happens on a radio.
You're welcome! The "show groups" option state will be preserved between restarts - in the next update.

djsoft said:
Marco Nicolosi said:
Hello,
Please try reinstalling it, the error message says the "bassenc.dll" file is missing, but as I checked, it's properly installed by 5.8.0.1 installer.

I tried again to install Radioboss 5.0.8.1 Unfortunately the installation failed, only manually copying the library "bassenc.dll" in the folder from the previous version I managed to launch the program. Hopefully in later versions this problem will reoccur.

Marco Nicolosi said:
djsoft said:
I will be very pleased to resume translations
Please drop an email to support@djsoft.net about it, we'll continue this discussion there.

Hello Dmitry
I wrote you, already for some time an email for this topic, you received?

Dmitry
You received my reply that I sent you to this Topic of yours [qry-Ebqev-965], because to contribute is important your answer. Would you need a more direct email where to send even the translated files is available?

Proposal for a change Playlist Generator Pro :
To ensure that a presentation Jingle is always at the beginning of the playlist would be interesting this option:
Intro: Adds only to the beginning of the playlist
So the beginning and end of a program the initials are guaranteed in that position.

Attachments

• 2018-09-26 19_08_08-RadioBOSS Advanced [beta] (5.8.0.1).jpg
    2018-09-26 19_08_08-RadioBOSS Advanced [beta] (5.8.0.1).jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 470
Marco Nicolosi said:
I tried again to install Radioboss 5.0.8.1 Unfortunately the installation failed
We can't reproduce it here, I'm not sure what could be wrong... It could be your antivirus software that prevents from the file being installed. But there's nothing we can do as the installer works properly.

Marco Nicolosi said:
To ensure that a presentation Jingle is always at the beginning of the playlist would be interesting this option
This is already possible, just make sure to place a category at the beginning of the rotation. If you need it to appear only once at the beginning, then also check the "Use this category only once" option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back