RadioBOSS 5.9 [beta]

djsoft said:
The command in fact has an error, that it contains spaces (encoded as "+") around the pipe ("|") characters. In the next version we'll make the command ignore such spaces, so you don't have to fix the command. It used to ignore them in the past, before we updated the parser to allow new parameters.

It looks like 5.9.0.6 hasn't addressed that yet but it's okay, I'll adjust my scripts with your notes in mind. Thanks for letting me know the cause.

Tell please, that here not so I do?Task immediately two not works, initially jingle then musical composition, now jingle not crashes, only on task composition. Auto Intro earned a huge thank you!

Attachments

• 2019-11-14_11-38-04.png
    2019-11-14_11-38-04.png
    36.3 KB · Views: 272
????? ??????? said:
There are no errors in the error log and does not knock out errors, just does not play auto Intro, as well as the task is not played in the Multiple tasks tab (
The latest update should fix it.

madbeatz said:
Issue 1 - Running 5.9.0.5. Did a computer restart and now getting an error message when the advert scheduler runs. Picture attached. Advert playlist is located on same computer which is on a drive that is shared
The error message means it can't write to the folder, some rights problem or the file is used by another software.

southernfm said:
It looks like 5.9.0.6 hasn't addressed that yet but it's okay, I'll adjust my scripts with your notes in mind. Thanks for letting me know the cause.
There will be another update regarding this command, don't need to change anything - your commands will start working.

????? ??????? said:
Tell please, that here not so I do?Task immediately two not works
I'm not sure if I understood the request, can you please provide some details?

djsoft said:
The error message means it can't write to the folder, some rights problem or the file is used by another software.

Not sure what that could be, Nothing else would use that file apart from Radioboss. it pops up randomly not on every adsupdate. since posting the issue yesterday, it has suddenly stopped with no intervention. will monitor and report back again.

madbeatz said:
Not sure what that could be, Nothing else would use that file apart from Radioboss. it pops up randomly not on every adsupdate. since posting the issue yesterday, it has suddenly stopped with no intervention. will monitor and report back again.
The only reason for this error message is when it's unable to write to that folder - there's nothing that can be done from within RadioBOSS to "fix" it as the problem is not there. In this case it just states the fact that directory is not writeable. If the folder is shared, it's possible that other computer reads from there and writing is not possible.

When creating an auxiliary playlist, I enter the files from a network address, it works without problems, then when I close the radioboss and restart it, the list no longer plays the previously entered files. If I re-enter files from the network to the auxiliary list, they do work until the radioboss restarts and there it will not play them again.

thanks by your attention.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 279
madbeatz said:
Issue 2 - on random occasions, whilst a network stream is playing, the advert fires at the correct scheduled time and the advert tracks populates in the playlist but fails to advance to the intro jingle and subsequently remains playing the network stream. This does not occur at any particular time/day but on random occasions. If started manually, the advert progresses as normal, and then clears the playlist as normal. logs shows no error and shows the advert scheduler being started on time. any ideas?

Any ideas what is happening here... its a real nuisance as it is causing confusion with the DJ's

Fixed - Issue was caused by another instance of Radioboss running and not configured to run immediately when loaded.

I have a suggestion about the indepented level management between the sound sources.

I suggest to add a mixer on the final stage before the signal to go onair!

By this method we can manage for example the level of the microphone to be a bit higher then the rest sources.

I have tried to make it work, but when I enable a limiter or a compressor at he final stage, it is lowering my microphone level (that I wish to be +2 decibels higher)!

A second suggestion is to add more than one microphone inputs that they will be enabled together the existing one.
Imagine that there are 2 or 3 persons participating in a radio show or when a listener is on phone and we wish to talk with him/her onair in a live show!

What do you think about my ideas/suggestions?

djsoft said:
There will be another update regarding this command, don't need to change anything - your commands will start working.

Okay thank you

Within RadioBOSS software I have a command for updating individual music libraries (separate to the API commands)

makelibrary "c:\RadioBOSS\Database\NEW MUSIC THIS WEEK.xml"|"C:\Music\NEW MUSIC THIS WEEK"

This command isn't working as well.

Error:
makelibrary error: Cannot create file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\"c:\RadioBOSS\Database\NEW MUSIC THIS WEEK.xml"". The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect

Could you please advise why C:\WINDOWS\system32\ is being referenced? I don't have any scripts in that location.

If it's related to the same issue and will be fixed then no worries, but if it's separate then I can give more information if needed.

Patricio Pizarro Ayala said:
When creating an auxiliary playlist, I enter the files from a network address, it works without problems, then when I close the radioboss and restart it, the list no longer plays the previously entered files. If I re-enter files from the network to the auxiliary list, they do work until the radioboss restarts and there it will not play them again.
Thank you for the details. We'll check if this is a bug. Meanwhile, you should be able to fix it if you mount network folder as drive and add tracks from there.

????? ??????? said:
Quests in section Several action, works only one thing ( screen higher
There is only one event action on your screenshot.

madbeatz said:
Issue was caused by another instance of Radioboss running and not configured to run immediately when loaded.
This is odd as RadioBOSS instances will vever affect each other, they work independently.

criss_x said:
I have tried to make it work, but when I enable a limiter or a compressor at he final stage, it is lowering my microphone level (that I wish to be +2 decibels higher)!
You can disable mic processing in Settings->Playback->Miscellaneous, "Apply main DSP to playback only" (enable).
The virtual mixer board is something we have planned for the future, but currently I can't tellwhen it'll be ready.

criss_x said:
A second suggestion is to add more than one microphone inputs that they will be enabled together the existing one.
Imagine that there are 2 or 3 persons participating in a radio show or when a listener is on phone and we wish to talk with him/her onair in a live show!
The second MIC button will be added in the future. Currently it's recommended to use the mixer board where multiple microphones will be connected and RadioBOSS will use the board mix instead of individual mics.

southernfm said:
If it's related to the same issue and will be fixed then no worries, but if it's separate then I can give more information if needed.
Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience. It's a technical error, we've included wrong "makelibrary" code in the 5.9.0.6 release. Please wait for the .7 update (1-2 days) and let me know if there are any problems with it.

Hello. Thanks for adding me to beta testers. I didn't answer because I didn't have time. I noticed improvements in accessibility. The first thing I noticed is that now Jaws and NVDA are reading the buttons on the fx card. In the playlist generator pro are named both generate buttons which is good. I don't know what it looks like visually. When I tabbed myself at the first generate button, the screen readers immediately said generate button. When I positioned myself on the second generate button, there was a small pause between saying the word generate and the word button. I wondered why this was so. I turned on the punctuation pronunciation and then my screen readers on the second generate button read the generate dot dot dot button. So I understood the difference between the two buttons. Unfortunately, edit field names still don't read screen readers. In the music lybrary section of the tag list item, we have two buttons that are not named. It should be made that with the application key the context menu can be called. Now it only does this by right-clicking it. It is much more elegant with the application key to call the context menu than with the right mouse click simulation because we never know where the mouse is currently located.

Quote from: madbeatz on November 14, 2019, 01:42:02 PM
Issue was caused by another instance of Radioboss running and not configured to run immediately when loaded.
This is odd as RadioBOSS instances will vever affect each other, they work independently.

The second instance of Radioboss (located on a separate VM on the same network) has the adsupdate command running. Both commands are running on the same playlist which caused a conflict. I removed on of the adsupdate schedule to remove the conflict.

a member of my facebook group asks if it is possible to fade-in all songs if the playlist is running in automatic mode.
All title should be played to the end, without fade-out and then the next title should be played. with a soft-fade in
Regards
Patrick

Sasa Grbic said:
I turned on the punctuation pronunciation and then my screen readers on the second generate button read the generate dot dot dot button
Sasa Grbic said:
In the playlist generator pro are named both generate buttons
The first button is to create a playlist, the second one shows the menu with additional options.

Sasa Grbic said:
Unfortunately, edit field names still don't read screen readers
Yes, this is a problem we're aware about but it's technically challenging, we're working on it.

Sasa Grbic said:
In the music lybrary section of the tag list item, we have two buttons that are not named. It should be made that with the application key the context menu can be called. Now it only does this by right-clicking it.
Thank you, those issues will be fixed in the next update.

madbeatz said:
The second instance of Radioboss (located on a separate VM on the same network) has the adsupdate command running. Both commands are running on the same playlist which caused a conflict. I removed on of the adsupdate schedule to remove the conflict.
Thank you, this will help in case anyone else has a similar problem.

Patrick De Bruyn said:
All title should be played to the end, without fade-out and then the next title should be played. with a soft-fade in
Disable fade out and set fade in to the desired value in Crossfade settings: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/crossfades.htm

Patrick De Bruyn said:
a member of my facebook group asks if it is possible to fade-in all songs if the playlist is running in automatic mode.
Regards
Patrick
Disable fade out and set fade in to the desired value in Crossfade settings: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/crossfades.htm

This dousnt works title dous not fade in it gous immediatly with full loudnes

Sasa Grbic said:
It should be made that with the application key the context menu can be called
It is true for all menus in RadioBOSS - can you please specify where the context menu button does not work?

Back