RadioBOSS 5.9 [beta]

djsoft said:
That's what you see after you update the library.
Look at TITLE.
It is clear for me that there is an algorithm which reads a segment from file name.

Look at the XML.
There are good tags for Artists and Title

Attachments

• CRACIUN RO.xml
    460 KB · Views: 259
pety said:
It is clear for me that there is an algorithm which reads a segment from file name.
It does extract the artist/title from the file name when there's no tag information in the file. It appears this is the case, given that "Update tags library" clears out all other fields like album, comment.

pety said:
Look at the XML.
There are good tags for Artists and Title
They used to be when you initially created the library, but now there are no tags for some reason. Can you please send one of the music tracks to support@djsoft.net to check?

Tommorow I will install beta version in Live, but only for testing.
When find bugs I'll report them.

It seems that RB has a bad logic.

Attachments

• alltitleset.jpg
    alltitleset.jpg
    473.6 KB · Views: 292
pety said:
It seems that RB has a bad logic.
I'm not sure what this code is... Please note that XML file only contains data that it once read. If you update information from the tags, or call tag editor, it will read tag from the file, not from the XML file.

RadioBOSS 5.9.0.5 beta
  • Music Library: all tools (normalize, trim silence, detect mix point, detect BPM) are combined in one window
  • Alternative weather data sopurce (AccuWeather) - requires registering for API key
  • "makelibrary" command added option to detect BPM
  • Fixed Track Tool volume control did not control voiceover volume
  • Fixed Track Tool playback stopped working ocasionally
  • Minor UI improvements
  • Updated translation
  • Bugs fixed
Download: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_beta_5.9.0.5.exe

djsoft said:
If you update information from the tags, or call tag editor, it will read tag from the file, not from the XML file.
Understand ! I made a new Library in my laptop, with existing files and works fine.
I'll check tomorrow at job.

djsoft said:
Please wait for the next update, we'll get rid of this error message there.

Thanks - installed today.

The 'makelibrary' issue is present still although slightly different now. It looks like a filename with a space in it doesn't get processed properly. Easy enough for me to adjust my scripts not to include spaces, but thought I'd pass it on anyway.

Attachments

• makelibrary.JPG
    makelibrary.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 275
southernfm said:
The 'makelibrary' issue is present still although slightly different now. It looks like a filename with a space in it doesn't get processed properly. Easy enough for me to adjust my scripts not to include spaces, but thought I'd pass it on anyway.
It should work with spaces, I suppose the problem is somewhere else - please send a full command to check.

Hello,
Great for the new AccuWeather support, thanks a lot :)
The API Key must be set in the Settings - Scheduler window
For the event, we formulate like usual. For example: weather Lisbon, PT
It works fine like this (but I need to restart RB to override the rate limitation, which should not occur when using our own key I guess. Rate limitation is only when using RB general API Key)
Precision is much better and we can run the event twice per hour for free.
Thank you
Nico

For people interested, you need to create a login and create an App here to have an API Key (free for 50 calls/day)
https://developer.accuweather.com/user/me/apps (choose Limited Trial, Desktop website, Weather App, C#, Country "your country)

djsoft said:
please send a full command to check

wget -qO- "http://newmaster:9000/?pass=xxxxx&cmd=makelibrary+%%22Footy+Themes.xml%%22+|+%%22C:\Music\Footy+Themes%%22"

wget is a command line application to visit webpages. The -qO- option deletes the 'downloaded' webpage - we're only interested in hitting the URL to trigger the API.

note the %%22 items in the command script for putting quotes around the filepath and XML path. These scripts were created in 2017.

Hi,
Good Update now, all the tools of the music library are put together in a single screen, unfortunately I noticed some problem on the BPM, despite the correct settings in some songs you no longer see the value, and the calculation function for some songs not works, if you use track editor for the same it marks -1, incorrect value.
In the photo you see I have used the BPM tool many times, but do not update the results.

In the second song from the top where written -1 this was possible with single track editor but the obtained value is not correct.

Attachments

• 2019-11-09 13_49_17-Window.jpg
    2019-11-09 13_49_17-Window.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 256
nicotrak said:
It works fine like this (but I need to restart RB to override the rate limitation, which should not occur when using our own key I guess. Rate limitation is only when using RB general API Key)
I guess you're right, we'll remove the limitation when using non-default key.

southernfm said:
wget -qO- "http://newmaster:9000/?pass=xxxxx&cmd=makelibrary+%%22Footy+Themes.xml%%22+|+%%22C:\Music\Footy+Themes%%22"
The command in fact has an error, that it contains spaces (encoded as "+") around the pipe ("|") characters. In the next version we'll make the command ignore such spaces, so you don't have to fix the command. It used to ignore them in the past, before we updated the parser to allow new parameters.

Marco Nicolosi said:
Good Update now, all the tools of the music library are put together in a single screen, unfortunately I noticed some problem on the BPM, despite the correct settings in some songs you no longer see the value, and the calculation function for some songs not works, if you use track editor for the same it marks -1, incorrect value.
The BPM algo was updated and now it depects more songs correctly (we compared it with Spotify database). Hpwever for some songs it's unable to detect BPM for some reason, in this case it will show -1, and scanning it again will not change that. We'll fine tune it in the next update to reduce the number of "-1" results (most likely it will become a bit slower).

The simultaneous player does not work when relay is activated. Is this intentional?
It is usually useful for reproducing local advertising, over remote transmission.

nelson c said:
Hi Dmitry, what is the reason why "Wait for the current track to finish" (in relay) has it been removed ?,
It never worked properly, and fixing it didn't really work, so it was removed. Did you use this option?

nelson c said:
The simultaneous player does not work when relay is activated. Is this intentional?
It is usually useful for reproducing local advertising, over remote transmission.
Yes, all RadioBOSS air is muted when the relay is active. We'll add an option for events to allow them being played over the relay.

djsoft said:
It never worked properly, and fixing it didn't really work, so it was removed. Did you use this option?
I tried this option in testing (not in production), it seemed to work well.

I have several stations linked by IP, using RB with streaming redundancy. (Using the API), I am looking at how this feature evolves so that in the future it may be used in transmission sites that do not require redundancy.

I think that at some point this feature should be incorporated. It makes transitions sound much more professional and helps with some problems such as packet loss: While today it is strange and less and less frequent can happen.

RadioBOSS, would be continuously alternating between local and remote reproduction, with a disastrous result.
On the other hand, if you wait for the current track to return to streaming, the result would be much less transitions.

Back