I fully agree, in genre, number and degree!It's possible to turn off Windows Defender but it does not affect RadioBOSS a lot, and turning it off leaves your PC unprotected which is not good. There are cases when it's a good idea, e.g. if a PC is an isolated machine used solely for streaming, but if it's a computer where you browse the net, and perform other tasks, you should keep the Defender operating. At least, it's better than most 3rd party antiviruses (my personal opinion, other people may not agree).
Wow, that's a lot. I'm afraid adding a combobox option is not viable as this will lead to a parallel/duplicate code for the same thing. We'll see if improving the menu in terms of adding the scroll bar and mouse wheel scroll is possible.We have 58, with 37 visible before scrolling is needed. Combo box would be better for our purpose. I don't mind if it's added to advanced features and we need to switch it on
IIRC, internally, makelibrary task runs with lower priority - I'll double check that. But if you run multiple taks, it can be a problem as calculating BPM or Normalizing are CPU intensive tasks. I suppose you should run makelibrary tasks in sequence, not all at the same time.We'll alter our scripts accordingly to reduce hitting RadioBOSS as hard as we were, but just thought I'd flag it in case you wanted to consider rate limiting with API calls, or limiting the API process to a certain amount of CPU etc.
Yes, this is how it works - it actually "makes" library, clearing it and adding all tracks again. Such approach ensures the database is in the actual state.With the 'makelibrary' database update process using MySQL, it appears to delete the item out of the database and then replace it again.
Yes, makes sense, especially for the large libraries. I'll add it to our to-do list, maybe a new command will be introduced to just "update" the library without recreating it from scratch.Is there a way we can change it to only add in tracks that are missing from the database, or only remove items where the files are no longer present? In other words, update instead of delete/add?
Successfully blocked infected file
The file C:\Program Files (x86)\RadioBOSS beta\Plugins\is-LNM01.tmp is infected with Gen:Variant.Zusy.307885. The threat has been successfully blocked, your device is safe.
We have the drill down capability (select library + search) because the old software we used previously had the same thing, so it was a transitional reason (buy in from the presenters) why we still have a lot of librariesWow, that's a lot
A new command works. We're sticking with not updating the BPM for the moment. We'll just do an initial BPM count, then run the makelibrary updates per day without BPM included in the task, to ensure everything is synchronised. It's a little bit slower than it used to be with XML files, but not too slow that it causes any concernYes, makes sense, especially for the large libraries. I'll add it to our to-do list, maybe a new command will be introduced to just "update" the library without recreating it from scratch.
program crashed today, i had just clicked on a network feed and clicked run now, no error dialog, just program closed and then relaunched, this is the screenshot of the logWhat's new
- Crossfading improved to be more smooth and precise
- Next track is preloaded allowing for instant network stream start and speed up local track startup
- Added separate fading duration options for Stop and Next Track
- File type option added: skip after set file types
- Playlist Shuffle playback mode improved: now it tries to select tracks that did not play recently
- Comments can be added to the playlist (a comment looks like a track but can't be played)
- Last played history for a track, can be viewed in track information panel (hover the "Last played" text) and in Music Library
- Added filters for log window: show all entries, errors only, or scheduler related events
- Added Search for scheduled events (Ctrl+F) to search events by action or name
- New UI themes: Light, Flat, Dark (access them via Settings window View-Style section)
- AUX and Overlay players are now fully featured players supporting crossfading and other features
- Improvements in Search in the main window: faster search and load; added search by artist+title and intro
- More columns added to the playlist window
- Auto Intro: added "Skip after selected file types" option to prevent auto intro being inserted after certain file types
- Added module icons to the toolbar (Ads Scheduler, Playlist Generator etc)
- Settings backup command ("createbackup") also creates database backup (only if SQLite database is used)
- Ability to create and restore database backup from the menu (Settings->Backup and Restore)
- Teasers: added "Include subfolders" option to also read tracks from the subfolders
- Added "0" button for quick access jingles
- Added "Delete profile" command
- Added "Copy to" playlist right-click menu option to copy a track to another playlist
- Improved relay to playlist and back transition smoothness
- Added API commands to control encoders (add, edit, delete encoders)
- Added Korean translation
- Improved high-DPI/4K monitor support
- Manual operation: "stop after this track" button can synchronize its state with Manual scheduler option
- User defined fields can be used in title format (%user1, ... %user5)
- Microphone: ability to force downmix microphone sound to mono to account for cases when microphone is only heard in left channel
- Network stream URL no longer revealed when HTTP notifications are used
- SQLite database is now used as default storage for additional track information instead of APEv2 tag in the previous versions
- Added user agent configuration for network stream playback
- XML nowplaying file also includes the previous track; does not include tracks with the "Do not send title" option enabled
- Lots of minor user interface improvements in all areas
- Playback parameters (mix point, fade out, track end, level) are applied immediately to the currently playing track
- Added track format information (sample rate, channels, bitrate)
- Zooming does not require Ctrl to be pressed
- Added UI themes support
- Minor improvements
- Fixed repeat protection when using the "Consider tracks in the playlsit window" option
- The Music Library has been reworked. Now it uses a database management system for information storage (instead of XML files in the previous versions). Improved search, load, and sorting speeds. More data fields are displayed in the list (columns can be selected). Drag-n-drop files from the library to Windows folders. Lots of other improvements.
- Disabled tracks are marked in the list with color (grey background)
- Tracks with missing or empty tag are marked with italic font in the list
- Changes are applied immediately to the playing track
- Minor improvements and fixed bugs
- Fixed: some tracks were included in the report ignoring the "Do not include in the report" file type option
Changes incompatible with the previous versions
- Fixed: some hot keys did not work in additional work zone
- %nextsong variable included track title even if title was disabled in the settings
- File type for line in sometimes did not work
- Multiple playlist create UI bug fixed
- Fixed occasional AUX playlist resize bug
- Fixed: scheduled events sometimes were not inserted into the proper position into the playlist
- Fixed: incorrect track mixing position under certain circumstances
- Disable installing an automatic update for users with limited rights
- Fixed several bugs with "Trigger mix at" feature
- Fixed Teaser end fade/mix did not work right sometimes
- Fixed: broadcasting statistics "froze" sometimes
- Time announcement with "treat as voice track" option was sometimes processed incorrectly
- Fixed: scheduled events occasionally could have same IDs
- Minimum required version is Windows 7; Windows XP is no longer supported
- Removed "Skip two or more tracks" file type option (use "Skip after file types" instead)
- Removed legacy Playlist Generator
- Music libraries created in previous versions will not open in this version
- Removed "playfile" and "read_folder" scheduler commands
- "makelibrary" scheduler command does not support full paths for library names (because libraries are no longer saved to files), only the library name must be specified
If you're a registered user and your update subscription is not expired, please use your key.
To request the free beta tester license key, please fill this form: https://www.djsoft.net/enu/beta.htm
The free key expires January 15, 2021.
RadioBOSS 6.0 beta: https://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_beta_18.104.22.168.exe (12/2/2020, 35Mb)
Please post minor bugs and requests in this topic and create a new topic for more complex requests or reports.
Anyone who contributed will get a significant discount, up to 100%, when the final version is released. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org regarding the discount.