RadioBOSS 6.0 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you please send couple of FLAC files on which it hangs? We've tried with some FLAC files but this does not reproduce here.
it's not the fault of the flac files. Because the program crashes at 20 files, for example, and then I restart it and then it continues to run up to 40 files and so on

Tengo problemas con Playlist Gen Pro y MySQL.
La lista generada debe tener 18 horas, en el log aparece que no hay pistas para cumplir con los requisitos. (Algunas de las categorías que no informa tienen un promedio de 2500 pistas).
El preajuste funcionó perfectamente en versiones anteriores. Base de datos construida desde cero en RB 6.0.0.3
I think this could be the problem

Attachments

• Sin título.png
    Sin título.png
    88.1 KB · Views: 242
Radioboss just crashed again here are my bug reports

Radioboss is still using a little high resources it is still shooting my fan up some

Attachments

• bugreport_20201005-185839.txt
    61.2 KB · Views: 238
  • 2020-10-06.zip
    16.7 KB · Views: 237
RadioBOSS 6.0.0.3 beta

Changes

• Fixed: looking for DTMF signals in network stream did not work
  • Fixed: Mute playlist in Prelisten window also muted playback in stream
  • Fixed: "One track only" for "Stop after this track" did not work
  • Fixed: search by tags in Music Libarary and Search tab
  • Fixed several errors with drag-n-drop inside and between playlists
  • Fixed playlist sorting bug
  • Added search in all music libraries
  • Added "Save selected as playlist" menu command to music library
  • Legacy XML music libraries can be loaded in Playlist Generator and imported in Music Library
  • Fixed several issues with MySQL database
  • Minor issues fixed
Download: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_beta_6.0.0.3.exe

Thanks for putting (all) back in music library search

YOU COULD ADD A FUNCTION SO THAT A TYPE OF SCHEDULED FILES (PLANNER) DOES NOT RUN IF THERE IS ANOTHER TYPE OF FILES IN THE MAIN LIST THAT WE DO NOT WANT TO INTERRUPT IN THE LIST
There's an "If there are scheduled tracks in the playlist, enqueue" option for scheduled events, you can use it to make an event insert after any other events in the playlist.

The idea is that in the broadcast the text metadata files that Radioboss itself generates are updated, and we use it to update tracks in streaming players. The RB broadcast has essential features that Radio Caster does not have.
So you need RadioBOSS to read some text file that has the title, and then write the title to its own nowplaying file?

The preset worked perfect in previous versions. Database built from scratch on RB 6.0.0.3
The error indicates that it's unable to find a suitable artist to satisfy the artist repeat protection rule. Please try lowering the no-repeat period. What source do you use for the music tracks? There were some minor fixes regarding repeat protection, so that's why it may work differently compared to the previous version.

it's not the fault of the flac files. Because the program crashes at 20 files, for example, and then I restart it and then it continues to run up to 40 files and so on
This does not happen here. It processes thousands of tracks with no problem. Please wait until it shows the error message and send us the bugreport, we'll see what could be wrong there.

I think this could be the problem
It shouldn't, it means that it did not yet write any additional information for the music tracks, and it does not affect the Playlist Generator.

Radioboss just crashed again here are my bug reports

Radioboss is still using a little high resources it is still shooting my fan up some
It crashes in some "Vinyl.dll" module - this is not a part of RadioBOSS. Do you use a plugin? If so, please try disabling it.

We have received bug reports for this issue (they are anonymous so I don't know by whom they were sent) and the issue should be fixed in the next update.

Excuse me but I have to ask again, is ReplayGain currently functional or not? On my PC not working on either version 6.0.0.2 or 6.0.0.3, or am I missing something? Thank You!

Last edited:
So you need RadioBOSS to read some text file that has the title, and then write the title to its own nowplaying file?
In the image I show you how Radio Caster emits metadata of a text file that RadioBoss generates when updating each track. That text is the one that appears as the name of the songs in our Streaming. It is an option that many Streaming providers handle today. In my case, I could use RadioBoss to broadcast which gives me more statistics and listener tracking. Just add that this option is available to those of us who need it to emit metadata.

Attachments

• Imagen3.png
    Imagen3.png
    162.9 KB · Views: 240
Last edited by a moderator:
There's an "If there are scheduled tracks in the playlist, enqueue" option for scheduled events, you can use it to make an event insert after any other events in the playlist.

The error indicates that it's unable to find a suitable artist to satisfy the artist repeat protection rule. Please try lowering the no-repeat period. What source do you use for the music tracks? There were some minor fixes regarding repeat protection, so that's why it may work differently compared to the previous version.
Completely disable replay control rules, and the log keeps saying the same thing.
In addition, the playlist generated was 2 hours, when in reality it should be 18 hours.
The source is m3u playlist

Excuse me but I have to ask again, is ReplayGain currently functional or not?
It should be working. Please open the FX tab, do you see the ReplayGain and levels near the AutoAmp button?

Calculating the starttime in the active playlist always shows the actual time
If a track is playing it will show the calculated start time from the playing track. The custom start times are intended to be used in secondary playlists.

In my case, I could use RadioBoss to broadcast which gives me more statistics and listener tracking. Just add that this option is available to those of us who need it to emit metadata.
This does seem like a situatio specific reqauest. If you use "nowplaying" file that is created by RadioBOSS then why would RadioBOSS need to read this file? It already knows what it's playing.

Completely disable replay control rules, and the log keeps saying the same thing.
In addition, the playlist generated was 2 hours, when in reality it should be 18 hours.
The source is m3u playlist
Interesting. Can you please send the preset to test it here (you can zip it to attach to forum post)? A quick test does not confirm the issue.

If a track is playing it will show the calculated start time from the playing track. The custom start times are intended to be used in secondary playlists.
It was much better in the 5.9 for planning a broadcast in an active playlist
The option continuous Calculating is as good as useless now
Please make it as in 5.9 again iff possible

It was much better in the 5.9 for planning a broadcast in an active playlist
The option continuous Calculating is as good as useless now
Please make it as in 5.9 again iff possible
If a track is playing, it will show the actual start time. If nothing is playing, it should work as it was in 5.9 - it seems like a bug if it doesn't :)

This is the "FX" window during playback. No, there are no signs that ReplayGain is working. I hope that you will fix this bug in the next update)

Attachments

• ReplayGain.PNG
    ReplayGain.PNG
    693.8 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
Interesting. Can you please send the preset to test it here (you can zip it to attach to forum post)? A quick test does not confirm the issue.
Yes, I also attached a bug report from another day.
I think that bug had to do with the database

PD: Can I add support for .rar files in this new forum?

Attachments

• Programacion Diaria.zip
    8.3 KB · Views: 236
RadioBOSS 6.0.0.4 beta

Changes

• New option for file types: skip before file types
  • Search: duration shown takes into account Start/End values for track
  • Shows playlist items duration in the playlist
  • Added "Overwrite" option when exporting playlist from the Playlist Generator or Music Library
  • Fixed artwork display and export issues
  • Fixed occasional failure to resume playback after close
  • Fixed "Calculate start time" for active playlist
  • Fixed Auto Intro did not work when used "Skip file types" option
  • Minor issues fixed

Download: https://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_beta_6.0.0.4.exe

Can you check this:
- Commands when in "Event> Multiple event action" and in "Playlist generator> Category> Track source" then takes long time to execute. About 2-3 sec. In 5.9 it takes milliseconds. (6 and 5.9.4 are one same PC).
While commands as a single Event execute instantly.

- In crossfades for some file types I turn on "Override previous track mix". But when they playing it always ends with fade out? In 5.9.4 there is no fade out.

- In Event> Multiple event action if there more lines the lines can be dragged.
Can the same be done for lines in Playlist generator> Category> Track source?

Last edited:
Using: RadioBoss 6.0.0.4 on Windows 10

File Explorer in the Control panel does not display/allow access to mapped drives as it did in releases prior to 6. Is this fixable?

UPDATE:

It appears that mapped drives are completely ignored by Release 6. Will this be addressed?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back