RadioBOSS 6.1 [beta]

djsoft

Staff member
It's not a big deal but ... In Music library the titles of some tools are cut off
Thank you, will be fixed in the next update.

What do you think ... when duplicate an event in the scheduler list that the new event appears just below the selected event and not at the bottom of the scheduler list. Somehow it makes more sense to me, not to scroll to the bottom of the list and move the duplicated event to the top where the selected event is.
Not necessarily it will appear in the end of the list - if the events list is sorted, it will be positioned based on sorting. If the list is not sorted, the position of the newly added event is undefined.

djsoft

Staff member
I want answers from users with experience in the subject, not guesswork or vague information extracted from Google.
I guess you should remove all drivers and software related to the audio interface. And then reinstall it. It appears there's some sort of a conflict.

a lot of people say Radioboss is a joke it is garbage they love Radio DJ
They just don't like to pay for the software. They only love free software - not because it's good, but because it's free.

I guess you should remove all drivers and software related to the audio interface. And then reinstall it. It appears there's some sort of a conflict.

Hi Dmitri,

I have already solved the issue of drivers, musictribe (for Behringer) has created a beta version of the drivers for Windows 11 and it works without errors or problems of any kind.

Screenshots of how RadioBoss should be configured to work with ASIO have been shared with me.

GPYUCKz.png

TEDPNuP.png

xbDTmYZ.png

TbGMW8P.png

untlLUQ.png

Everything works special and at 48000 Hz.

The only small drawback that I notice is that now in the "volume mixer" of Windows, RadioBoss does not appear, so I cannot mute RB to monitor myself through the web of my radio.

CqZVkOt.png

Is there any possibility through configuration or code for RadioBoss to reappear in the volume mixer?

djsoft

Staff member
The only small drawback that I notice is that now in the "volume mixer" of Windows, RadioBoss does not appear, so I cannot mute RB to monitor myself through the web of my radio.

Is there any possibility through configuration or code for RadioBoss to reappear in the volume mixer?
When you use ASIO, sound does not go through Windows Mixer therefore it can't display its level or control it. It's how the system works.

When you use ASIO, sound does not go through Windows Mixer therefore it can't display its level or control it. It's how the system works.
From what I have read, both ASIO and WASAPI are protocols and as such do nothing more than faithfully transport the audio from the source (media player) to the audio endpoint (the audio device's buffer).
They do not alter a single bit or alter the sample rate.

In fact I do not notice differences in the quality of the audio when switching between these protocols.
Therefore, to continue keeping RadioBoss on the mixer I will use WASAPI.

Is my conclusion correct?

djsoft

Staff member
From what I have read, both ASIO and WASAPI are protocols and as such do nothing more than faithfully transport the audio from the source (media player) to the audio endpoint (the audio device's buffer).
They do not alter a single bit or alter the sample rate.
They don't, but Windows Mixer does not support ASIO and will not let you see playback levels or control anything.

In fact I do not notice differences in the quality of the audio when switching between these protocols.
Therefore, to continue keeping RadioBoss on the mixer I will use WASAPI.
ASIO provides much lower latency, and it's also useful for multi-channel sound cards, when there are lots of channels.

They don't, but Windows Mixer does not support ASIO and will not let you see playback levels or control anything.
I have already opened a ticket with Microsoft to see if I can find a solution with a patch or they plan to update and add it in the future.
We are in the 21st century with the new Windows 11 and Microsoft still does not solve the compatibility with all the protocols....

As always Dmitri, thank you for sharing your wise knowledge with this beautiful community. (y)

Hi Dimitry!
Radioboss is one of the best radio automators I have ever used and I congratulate it on that, because it is also the only one that is updated with many improvements.
Now, with all due respect to you, and I know you are a great capable man, I would like to have a stable Radioboss without so many outgoing versions. Why ? because you do not get to know all the operation and the added functions that we already have another.

I'm not saying this because it seems bad to me, but rather, it would be nice to have a STABLE version, without ERRORS or FAILURES for some time. If there are new functions, it would only be good to be able to add them from a link and be able to decide if each user wants to do it or not. Because I have seen that functions that worked very well are removed and others are added that in some cases present failures. I REPEAT, it is not to offend or anything like that, you study and are a trained engineer and I am not the one to tell you what is right or wrong. It is just an opinion of a simple user. Thank you very much and I hope I have not offended. Hug.