RadioBOSS 6.1 [beta]

But anyway the bug that the playback does not start exists before.
Some time ago I have left couple of instances running where playback ends, and after some time a scheduled event starts. All this time no problem occurred, track ends, nothing playing, then event (playlist) starts, and plays. Currently, we don't seem to be able to reproduce it here, so it's either some weird sort of bug where additional conditions are needed, or it's something specific to your system configuration.

Another little bug seen here is that it disconnects the encoders when playback stops
I'm not sure if it's RadioBOSS that initiates the disconnect - the server can do it. What is the point of streaming silence, anyway? This is also the question for the previous issue, why let the playback end and have a silence?

Tab colour update looks good. Suggest altering submenu from

Color > Default / Custom
Color > Font Color > Default / Custom

to

Color > Background Color > Default / Custom
Color > Font Color > Default / Custom

Database
When I check the music tracks in the database, and at the end, for example, 800 pieces have been found

I have to select these 800 tracks individually to move them to an extra folder
Would not it be possible to install a function so that you can all choose at once?

Sorry i found the function, didnt use the rightklick

Attachments

• Screenshot_4.jpg
    Screenshot_4.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
The new version should show a different error message. If it still shows error 2, it means that there was no error while creating a temporary sound from TTS and the file for some reason was removed right before playback.
Did you remove the antivirus or only disabled it?

I don't see any reason why it would do that. The temp file is created in the system Temp folder, its location is retrieved from the system, everything in accordance with the guidelines.
i removed the AVG anti virus completely. Is there are particular name for the TTS temp files, I ask as I have noticed lots of temp files called Bitrock installer and BRxxxx.tmp, are they associated with RadioBoss? Windows etc is on the C drive (a 256gb SSD) whereas all my source files (music mp3s etc) are on a D drive (another 256gb SSD)

1637708299251.png

Attachments

• 1637708276713.png
    1637708276713.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 203
The new version should show a different error message. If it still shows error 2, it means that there was no error while creating a temporary sound from TTS and the file for some reason was removed right before playback.
Did you remove the antivirus or only disabled it?

I don't see any reason why it would do that. The temp file is created in the system Temp folder, its location is retrieved from the system, everything in accordance with the guidelines.
the new version now gives a slightly different error, a TTS error : Unspecified error () before it is set to play, and then the error code 2 after, as per the screenshot below

1637708551139.png

i removed the AVG anti virus completely. Is there are particular name for the TTS temp files, I ask as I have noticed lots of temp files called Bitrock installer and BRxxxx.tmp, are they associated with RadioBoss?
No, those are not our files. Temp files created by RadioBOSS for TTS will have long names with letters and numbers, with .wav extension. RadioBOSS deletes those files after playback, and they are not accumulated in the folder.

the new version now gives a slightly different error, a TTS error : Unspecified error () before it is set to play, and then the error code 2 after, as per the screenshot below
This means it can't "speak" text to the file, for some reason. So the temp file is not created and therefore error 2. We can't debug this any further, it uses Speech API to create the temp file, and for some reason, call to this API fails. I guess this has something to do with your system configuration, because we don't have similar reports from other users.

View attachment 11365
Hi, I'm not 100% sure but the problem is Windows ( 7 ? ) Not Radioboss. Certificate problem.

View attachment 11365
Hi, I'll throw it ... Couldn't it be the certificates in Windows? (I guess it's version 7). Greetings p.s. i tried the TTS on windows 10 and it works perfectly. (beta version 6.1.0.2)

Hi, I'll throw it ... Couldn't it be the certificates in Windows? (I guess it's version 7). Greetings p.s. i tried the TTS on windows 10 and it works perfectly. (beta version 6.1.0.2)
i tried the TTS on windows 7 / 32 bit and it works perfectly. (beta version 6.1.0.2)

Certificates are not required for the TTS feature.
so i am back to square one, it appears it is something to do with my windows 7 configuration in some way. I am DEF not "upgrading" to windows 10 or 11. Windows 7 stays, I just have to find the bit in the OS that is causing this, or live without TTS. Maybe its a "service" that is disabled in msconfig (i have msconfig set on selective startup, if i switch this to normal startup my system will not boot)

IT WOULD BE VERY VALUABLE IF THE ICON TO SAVE IN THE MAIN LISTS ASKED IF WE REALLY WANT TO SAVE THE LIST. IN THIS WAY WE ENSURE THAT THE WORKED WAS SAVED.

IT WOULD BE VERY VALUABLE IF THE ICON TO SAVE IN THE MAIN LISTS ASKED IF WE REALLY WANT TO SAVE THE LIST. IN THIS WAY WE ENSURE THAT THE WORKED WAS SAVED.
If it didn't show any error message, the save was successful.

THE SEARCH HIGHLIGHTER ON THE MAIN LIST ONLY HAS THE OPTION IN YELLOW. WHITE LETTERS ARE LOST.
Yes, we'll add a check for this and ensure the text is visible.

Some time ago I have left couple of instances running where playback ends, and after some time a scheduled event starts. All this time no problem occurred, track ends, nothing playing, then event (playlist) starts, and plays. Currently, we don't seem to be able to reproduce it here, so it's either some weird sort of bug where additional conditions are needed, or it's something specific to your system configuration.
I understand. I suspect it has to do with the silence detector. I will perform more tests

I'm not sure if it's RadioBOSS that initiates the disconnect - the server can do it. What is the point of streaming silence, anyway? This is also the question for the previous issue, why let the playback end and have a silence?I understand. I suspect it has to do with the silence detector. I will perform more tests
RadioBOSS is surely stopping this, since it is a local server instance.
It is true that it does not make much sense to emit silence, in fact after the tracks are finished and these silences are generated, a proprietary player that uses BASS to reproduce the generated streaming, plays silence constantly, even after manually replaying "and I must restart it. But surely it is an error in my code

I suspect it has to do with the silence detector. I will perform more tests
Unlikely. The silence detector can only start playback - but it never stops it, nor it prevents playback being started.

RadioBOSS is surely stopping this, since it is a local server instance.
Just in case, please check the server logs. May be it detects zeros in the stream and performs a disconnect. Anyway, streaming silence has little sense, so I don't think we'll be fixing it, even if it's some bug in RadioBOSS :)

Bug

When choosing color for font, you click on the RGB colour palate on the right to select the RGB amount you want. When clicking 'Add to Custom Colors' it only adds white. The Red, Green, Blue values remain stuck on 255 and don't adjust when the colour is being chosen.

Only happens for 'Font' color, the Background color is working fine.

1637967534983.png

** scrap last edit (deleted) **

Update: This happens every time when editing the colour options for a playlist / cart wall in Workzone 1. Workzone 2 seems to freeze only if the workzone was created in a previous beta version - deleting / re-adding the tab seems to fix the font customisation in Workzone 2.

Last edited:
Back