RadioBOSS Cloud [alpha]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I was aware that as the up-coming track rotated, I would net get four "Marilyn Horne" but a new track in it's place. I just thought it was odd behavior. I have the alpha running 24 hours a day and will let you know of anything else I notice as odd.

I?ve noticed the update to the playlist that has been made. I can?t decide if it?s an improvement or not. Some people might object to not having the upcoming tracks not showing. Some duplicate tracks are still showing. If you have a chance to look at my stream you can see the duplicate tracks.

It has occurred to me that I might be over taxing the ?Arias, Choruses, Duets? Playlist. I need to keep it going/ rotating until the next scheduled ?Opera? Playlist starts at a specified time. Any scheduled tracks would be deleted before the ?Opera?Playlist starts. I thing. I?ve set this up properly. Please let me know if there is a better way to accomplish this? Thanks, Terry

Wheslley said:
Future RadioBoss Cloud will be available on Shoutcast as well?
Yes, it could be - in addition to Icecast. Please also see my reply to your email for more details.

Terry said:
I just thought it was odd behavior.
This is definitely odd - but an attempt was made to improve things a bit...

Terry said:
I?ve noticed the update to the playlist that has been made. I can?t decide if it?s an improvement or not. Some people might object to not having the upcoming tracks not showing.
The track names it showed previously were not correct anyway, so it's not a bug loss :)

Terry said:
If you have a chance to look at my stream you can see the duplicate tracks.
At the time of checking, there were no duplicate tracks in the playlist, however, theoretically, there could be if e.g. it selected the next track and then the same Track List is used in other parts of the playlist.
I think that we should note somewhere that only the next track is valid while other track selections may be re-evaluated.

Terry said:
I thing. I?ve set this up properly. Please let me know if there is a better way to accomplish this?
The setup is correct. When the next event starts, it will delete tracks inserted by previous scheduled event, while keeping the core playlist (Arias, Choruses, Duets) in the playlist window. I suppose that's what you want it to do.

You can optimize it by combining the four playlists (12, 3, 6, 9 hour) into one, that starts at 12 PM and repeats every 3 hours (180 minutes) - activate the "Repeat every" option.

anthonydejesus03 said:
Thanks for the correction of the login, I do not have to use VPN now, I hope the integration of the TuneIn Radio API.
You're welcome. The TuneIn integration will be added in one of the following updates, within a week or two I think.

I noticed the very nice work you did with the playlist, giving it a better appearance. I also noticed the REPEAT function on the scheduling menu but though it was for Station ID and Jingles. It never occurred to me to use it. Thanks so much for your suggestion and I will be using the REPEAT feature. Perhaps on a future release, we could have a played track panel to the right side of the playlist panel. There is certainly lots of room for it.

Terry said:
I noticed the very nice work you did with the playlist, giving it a better appearance.
Thank you. The next update will have some further improvements e.g. fix the possible duplicate track titles.

Terry said:
Perhaps on a future release, we could have a played track panel to the right side of the playlist panel. There is certainly lots of room for it.
Yes, there's plenty of room to the right, and we plan to add tab control there with the following options:
- File list (similar to the one in Media section) - to quickly add track to the playlist
- Upcoming scheduled events to show what events are going to start soon

Nice idea about recently played tracks - will be added too :)

anthonydejesus03 said:
I have a suggestion and that would be great if you add a track editor to add tags to the tracks
Yes -  tag editor will be added in the future versions.

It would be nice to be able to assign each event in the Scheluder its own intro and outro file.

Jens said:
It would be nice to be able to assign each event in the Scheluder its own intro and outro file.
We'll add a feature similar to "Multiple actions" in RadioBOSS software - this will allow assigning intro and outro to events.

In addition to having a search Artist/Track feature available for each folder, this would make tracks easier to find and Playlist easier to build when you have a large library. It would be nice to have a total of files within a folder displayed.

Hi mate

I have my own stream can I use that with this new cloud radioboss
My stream linked with my apps so don?t fancy changing it

Cheers

wireradio said:
I have my own stream can I use that with this new cloud radioboss
In one of the next updates RadioBOSS Cloud will be able to send stream to any custom server you specify. Currently listen links are the ones that generated by RadioBOSS Cloud.

This looks great! I'm coming from another Cloud service, so I'm excited to see this one!!! I've got the quick start guide open and just downloading my first directory  :D  Despite already using Cloud almost a year and Broadcaster for a couple years before that, I really don't know what I'm doing. I just kinda fumble along and hope for the best until it works. Hopefully my previous experience will make my learning curve a bit shorter!

Elysa said:
Hopefully my previous experience will make my learning curve a bit shorter!
We're trying to make RadioBOSS Cloud as easy to use as possible. The Quick Start guide explains how to make it select and play music - this should be a good starting point, as after that you'll have stream up and running.

Please share your experience (and questions) with the service. We'll use it to make it better.

RadioBOSS Cloud 0.1.6 alpha

Changes:
- Redesigned "Overview" page
- Total number of tracks and their duration is displayed for a folder
- Backend changes to improve stability

- Total number of tracks and their duration is displayed for a folder. This is great just what I was waiting for. The new design on the "Overview" looks better. Your improvements are looking better all the time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back