Report Fields

I'm enjoying version 4.6.3. The playlist generator pro is smoother, and there is far less artist double up.

I also liked the new report tool.

In my country, broadcasters need to include the following fields, when sending reports to copyright authorities:

* Composer
* CD label
* Catalogue number of CD
* Copyright company name

Is it possible to add these at some point?

Thank you so much for all your attention.

Read this:
http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,2683.msg7464.html#msg7464

Yes, it's possible to add new fields, but question is, from where should it take this new info? Like "Copyright company name" and others. Are you ready to enter all this info via Music Library?
I'll see what standard tag fields are, I'm sure I've seen the "composer" and "CD label" there...

Hi Dmitry

Good question. So I emailed a contact at a local radio station.

He replied - yes they have to manually input all the song information - composer etc including mood and tempo. This information does not come from a cddb, so thus manual input. This is a big job if you have to go through and add this information for your whole music library.

But it is easy to add song info on new songs as they are being loaded into the system (eg: 10 per week)

So, at some stage, user defined fields would be a wonderful addition to RadioBOSS.

Thank you for your thoughts and discussion on this.

I love RadioBOSS :)

James

James Totton said:
I love RadioBOSS :)
Thanks  :)

Custom tag fields will be added in the 4.6.4 update, most likely in December. Yes, it's a huge job to fill in all those fields for existing music library, but it's possible, and good thing it's a one-time job.
All info will be stored in the APEv2 tag (inside the music files) to it's guaranteed compatibility with all future RB updates.

James Totton said:
I'm enjoying version 4.6.3. The playlist generator pro is smoother, and there is far less artist double up.

I also liked the new report tool.

In my country, broadcasters need to include the following fields, when sending reports to copyright authorities:

* Composer
* CD label
* Catalogue number of CD
* Copyright company name

Is it possible to add these at some point?

Thank you so much for all your attention.

James is there post that will describe how to use the playlist generator.

Back