Reporting: Include Scheduled event firings and "Overlay" information in Now Playing

Hello, as title says, could we have these two events catered for in the reporting functions?

Now Playing info via REPORTING does not currently include OVERLAY information, this can only be found via a direct nowplaying request to the API

Also information on Scheduled Events via REPORTING would be extremely useful!

Thank you, in one of the future updates, we'll include an option to have tracks that were played in Overlay mode in the report.

What should this report show? If you need to see what events were run, you can process the CSV report files e.g. uising Excel or other tools.

What should this report show? If you need to see what events were run, you can process the CSV report files e.g. uising Excel or other tools.
It could just send an HTTP report containing the scheduled event ID (and possibly name), that would be enough information.

Processing the CSV is not ideal, we'd have to watch the folder and get the latest csv for each day, parse it (read every line and/or watch for changes), work out the scheduled event based on the name (it doesn't output the ID).

This is a feature request after all, I'd rather not use a convoluted workaround ;)

I'm a bit confused. The initial message was about including Overlay events in the reports. In the last message it seems that you need a HTTP notification when an event is started?

I'm a bit confused. The initial message was about including Overlay events in the reports. In the last message it seems that you need a HTTP notification when an event is started?
Yes please that would be perfect!

In my first message at the end I wrote this:
"Also information on Scheduled Events via REPORTING would be extremely useful!"

Thanks!

If you open the .csv report files (menu Settings->Open settings folder), scheduled events are included there (with "scheduler" type) so you can filter them out using Excel or any other software that is able to work with CSV.

Very few users asked about having reports on the scheduled events (what matters for most is what tracks were playing, not why or how they were started), so I don't think we'll be adding such a feature anytime soon, I'm sorry.

Back