Upgrading Previous Version of RB to current version of Radio BOSS which is 4.9.1

mcurran

When I download the new version, (current version of Radio BOSS which is 4.9.1.0) will it save all of my previous settings and playlists without having to re-configure the software parameters again?

I'd be going from 4.9.0.11 to 4.9.1.0.

mcurran said:
When I download the new version, (current version of Radio BOSS which is 4.9.1.0) will it save all of my previous settings and playlists without having to re-configure the software parameters again?

I'd be going from 4.9.0.11 to 4.9.1.0.
No, it will not.

Before Install new version:

1. Make screenshots (image capture) with your RadioBOSS current settings;
2. Then go to Menu Bar -> Settings -> Open settings Folder and make a copy of all content (Database, Log, Playlists, Profile, Presets etc. and all files);
3. Install new version;
4. Go to Menu Bar -> Settings -> Open settings Folder and paste content from previous version;
5. See others settings from screenshot

It should work fine.

If it is 4.9.0.11 it's easier :

1. Make screenshots with current RadioBOSS settings;
2. In the current version go to Menu -> Settings -> Settings backup and restore... -> Backup settings
3. Follow steps for backup (save *.7z file backup in a location);
4. Install new version;
5. In the new version of RadioBOSS go to Menu -> Settings -> Settings backup and restore... -> Restore settings from backups... (open *.7z backup file) to restore settings;
6. Adjust with other settings from screenshots.

Good Luck !

Updating from 4.9.0.11 to 4.9.1.0 will keep all the settings, playlists, events etc. Nothing will be lost. And it will be like this in the future, starting with 4.9.0.11 all updates are easy and pain-free. You should install the new version to the same folder where you have your current version installed.

To make things safer (and in case you'd want to downgrade from 4.9.1 to 4.9.0 for some reason) I'd advice you to backup the current configuration (read pety's post above).

Back