Auto monitor mute when mike is on?

howebzar

Hi,
I'm trying to fix an issue of echo on recordings one of my presenters is making (basically I'm getting him to record via Stream Archive and then I can schedule into RB via Dropbox).
I think he's a little deaf and so has the headphones turned up loud, which is causing major problems with an echo effect. I think this is the result of the latency, then being picked up by the boom mike (we're doing everything without an external mixer, via USB Headphones and mike).

Back in v4.7 there was a "local mute monitor feature...has this gone in later releases? Could it be re-added as I think it would solve this problem.

from a previous entry, related to mike echo...
"It was fixed in the latest RadioBOSS 4.7 (beta) - Settings->Microphone->Local Mute (turn it on).
You can wait until it's released or use the beta version - it's pretty stable."

This option still exists, it's called "Output to encoders only" (Settings->Inputs).

There was another option added in RadioBOSS 5.3: "Mute monitor when the microphone is on" - it will mute and unmute the monitor when you use the MIC button.

This option still exists, it's called "Output to encoders only" (Settings->Inputs).
We tried this, and it seems to work well in 5.3 (on earlier releases it did not get recorded by StreamArchive)

There was another option added in RadioBOSS 5.3: "Mute monitor when the microphone is on"
Forgive me - where will I find that setting?

howebzar said:
We tried this, and it seems to work well in 5.3 (on earlier releases it did not get recorded by StreamArchive)
Yes, it was a bug which was fixed in 5.3.

howebzar said:
There was another option added in RadioBOSS 5.3: "Mute monitor when the microphone is on"
Forgive me - where will I find that setting?
It's in Settings->Inputs->click Advanced button.

Here's what I see when clicking Advanced on the input page:

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    14.6 KB · Views: 968
howebzar said:
Here's what I see when clicking Advanced on the input page:
It appears that you're using older 5.3 release, please download the latest one: http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,4244.0.html

Back