Mic Won't Work After Upgrading To 4.8

Duck Landes

After upgrading RadioBOSS  to version 4.8 I can't get my microphone to work. I've tried DirectSound, ASIO, and Windows Mixer, but get no sound from the mic in any of them. My mic works find with all three in version 4.7.  In version 4.8 when I turn on the mic output stream (48kHz AAC+ to an icecast server) comes to a screeching halt until I unkey the mic.

Went back to version 4.7.3.4, which downgrading back from 4.8 trashed most my config settings, but the mic works fine again in it.

Any suggestions?

I'm using XP Pro x64 SP2, and a Soundblaster SB Live! 24-bit.

Please post Microphone/Line.In settings screenshot. When something's wrong it shows an error in the report (bottom left corner). Are there any messages like "Mic Device Error" or something? Messages could appear on startup and when you press the MIC button.

Also uncheck the "Disable local echo" option if it's checked.

Shortly after posting the original message mice chewed the wires behind and inside (got in through a pci slot with no cover) my computer.  (I know.. sounds like a "dog ate my homework" story).  Finally got my computer back together and working, downloaded and installed RadioBOSS 4.9.1.0. I like some of the additions, don't like some of the others.  The microphone does work in this version... but has horrible "clicking" in both Directsound and ASIO, both of which work perfectly in the older 4.7.3.4 version. I spent a frustrating 12 hours trying everything I could think of to get the microphone sounding right but with no success.

So I'm back to using 4.7.3.4 (the version I got when I bought RadioBOSS), which is the last version my microphone has worked in properly.  Guess I'll just stick with that version since it's working for me, and not worry about upgrading it.

Most likely clicking happens because you've selected very low buffer size. There were a lot of improvements made between 4.7 and 4.9, so I'd recommend you to use 4.9... Anyway, if 4.7 is fine for you, it may be not necessary.

Duck Landes said:
I like some of the additions, don't like some of the others.
Can you please give more information? We will take this into account for the future versions.

Back