Null value in additionnal user fields

Altec

Hello Dmitri,

Is it possible to reset for example User field 5 in the music Library for some tracks, for the moment I put the SPACE value to clean the field but it's not the best way. Maybe should use the NUL or NULL value like in SQL ? (I use the new File System for RB informations)

I didn't see this option in the Mass tag editor.

Thank You in advance

Altec

Is it possible to reset for example User field 5 in the music Library for some tracks, for the moment I put the SPACE value to clean the field but it's not the best way. Maybe should use the NUL or NULL value like in SQL ? (I use the new File System for RB informations)
From RadioBOSS's point of view, space, empty string, and NULL value are the same. Is there any specific reason why you need NULL there and not space/empty string?

From RadioBOSS's point of view, space, empty string, and NULL value are the same. Is there any specific reason why you need NULL there and not space/empty string?
It's because the space information stay in the field, and it's not clean, it will be better to add a checkbox to clean the field or a drop-down menu to empty the field like for the File Type or other information fields in the Mass Editor.

Moreover, I detected that it's quicker with the file system to reset information than to replace the information by a Space.

Thank you, Dmitri

Have a good day

It's because the space information stay in the field, and it's not clean, it will be better to add a checkbox to clean the field or a drop-down menu to empty the field like for the File Type or other information fields in the Mass Editor.
I guess it doesn't affect operation?

Moreover, I detected that it's quicker with the file system to reset information than to replace the information by a Space.
It's all cached so there's no performance difference.

I just need to clean the fields correctly and just no add a new information because that causes heavy demand on Hard Drive on my server when I do this action for a big number of Songs.

By the way I noticed that when you edit this user fields, radioboss update some informations not only in the Rbdata files but in the .wav song file too and this action really puts a heavy load on the hard disk.

If it's easy for you to add a checkbox or a medium to clean that fields it will be really nice.

Have a good day

I just need to clean the fields correctly and just no add a new information because that causes heavy demand on Hard Drive on my server when I do this action for a big number of Songs.
If there was some value already, it will be set to space. Please note that RadioBOSS doesn't edit individual fields. Regardless of what was actually changed, it will wrote whole row to database. All fields are updated, on any edit.
I'm not sure about demand on hard drive, what is the issue exactly - operation speed or amont of data written? Even consumer grade hardware is enough for operation, especially SSD drives; when you use server grade hardware, there's surely nothing to worry about.

For example, our RadioBOSS Cloud (it uses the same internals as RadioBOSS) runs on servers with SSD drives with no speed or other issues. And it's user by multiple users at the same time.

Is there a value such as "NULL" that we could put in the editor tag field to empty the box?
Currently not, space is supposed to be treated as "empty value".

Back