PlayList Generator Pro Beta

RBS

Hi DjSoft,

Looking Forward to the "Playlist Generator Pro"
Can you give us a heads up on it.....what are its main selling points, and what functionality will it have?
And how will it integrate with RadioBOSS Music Library?

Eagerly awaiting it,
Regards
RBS
8)

1) Playlist will be generated by parts. Each part have its length (set in Tracks quantity or Duration).
2) For each part there are filters like: comments, year, language, rating, and many others.
3) Each part can have its own source of tracks: folder, playlist, Music Library file.

That will allow to create playlists like "30 minutes of rock, then 10 minutes of pop and 2 classical tracks". Also, possible to add jingles, sweepers, etc.

Playlist Generator Pro can be called automatically from RadioBOSS's scheduler.

The first beta version will be released later today. It's almost ready. But, as a first version, not all features are enabled yet.

Great, can't wait to try the Beta.
Will it be released soon?
And how long does the product normally last in Beta phase, before the final release version ships?

Regards
RBS

Yes, there were some bugs found just before release. I hope it'll be ready later today.
About RadioBOSS 4.4 - its release is planned for October 28th.

Great thank you for that,

I cant wait to try the Playlist Generator Pro later today.
How long do you think that it ( Playlist Pro) will be in Beta before it's initial stable release?

Regards
RBS

I don't know. Depends on how testing will go, what additional features users will request. I think the PlgenPro 1.0 should be released this year :)

The Playlist Generator Pro is included in the RadioBOSS package. To get the latest version of Pl. Gen pro please download the latest RadioBOSS: http://dl.djsoft.net/radioboss_demo.exe

Hi,

Is there a way of beeing informed of new releases of the PGenPro? Other than downloading full RadioBoss and testing ? Also is it safelly possible just to copy PGenPro exe file to RadioBoss directory in production? This to avoid to stop broadcasting while updating RadioBoss with a full install ?

Christian

Yes, copying the file is safe if you do it while Pl Gen pro is not working (e.g. creating a playlist by schedule).
In the RadioBOSS release notes (posted as news on djsoft.net) we indicate all changes in the program and its modules including Playlist Generator Pro.

Back