Playlist Generator Pro [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsoft

Staff member
Playlist Generator Pro ? a playlist generation program.

Description:
The software allows you to create template-based playlists that include various track attributes.
The generation process starts with the creation of track categories. For each category, the program defines the duration (the number of tracks, duration or all tracks from the source), the source of tracks (a track database from Music Library RadioBOSS, a folder on the hard drive or playlists). Various filter parameters are set as well.
After that, the overall playlist duration is defined. The playlist is created sequentially following the order of folders set in the ?playlist contents? list. If the required playlist duration is not reached after the entire ?playlist contents? list is processed, the process starts over.

License
The beta version is free and will work till Febryary 01, 2011. Everyone participated in the testing will get discounts when product is released. Additional discounts for RadioBOSS users.

Download: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/PlaylistGeneratorPro.zip (0.0.0.33, 28.11.2010, 4 Mb)

All future updates of Playlist Generator Pro are now in RadioBOSS package (starting from RadioBOSS 4.5 version).

Attachments

• 25.10.png
    25.10.png
    53.6 KB · Views: 862
Hi Djsoft

Well Done on such a great product.
It certainly speeds up the creation on daily playlists.

It did take me a while to figure it out, but now that I have, I am delighted in the direction it is going.
I did find a few bugs, and it crashes every now and then, and I will send on the info when finished testing.

Again thanks for it, and looking forward to the ongoing development.

Regards
RBS

Thanks everyone for start testing :) Waiting for reports. As you note, there are some features still not implemented - those features will appear in the next updates. Don't consider it as a bug, it's just lack of implementation.

yes sir i saw them like : genre , language,rating and gender , i also remark there is no installer i think because its new release ,when the product is complete i will translate it for u
have a gd day

Hi Djsoft,

Here are some bugs in found in PlgenPro so far,

Bug Report.

1. If we assume that "our Tracks Source" is the music Library. (Pic 1)

2. iIn the comment field we write in one of our catorgries as Pop 00's, (which they are many hundred' in the music library)( Pic 2)

3. Now if we generate a Playlist, The generator will just pick random songs from the Music library and completly ignore the comment field. ( e.g. it could pick songs from the 60's). It will also do this for Pop 90's as well as all info in the comment fields. (Pic 3)

Another Bug

B1. If you want to move a category up or down in the playlist structure by using the arrows, it will give you an error. (Pic B1 & B2.)

Can you also explain what the "Consider strings identical when matching for" Means?

Regards
RBS

Attachments

• Pic 1.png
    Pic 1.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 848
  • Pic 2.png
    Pic 2.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 846
  • Pic 3.png
    Pic 3.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 851
  • Pic B1.png
    Pic B1.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 851
Hi Djsoft,

Here is another bug I think,

After I generate the playlist and Import it into RadioBOSS, some of the track's names do not appear in RadioBOSS. (Please see Pic 1.) This does not happen in RadioBoss's normal Playlist generator.

Also I have found that the lenght ( Time) of the generated Playlist is not accurate.
If you want a 60 min playlist it can be 65 minutes or more.
Not as accurate as RadioBOSS's own playlist generator.

Regards
RBS

Attachments

• Pic 1.png
    Pic 1.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 819
about accuracy yes RBS is correct its not accurate exemple saying a playlist of 1 hr lets say its one hour 3 minutes ETC....

RBS, thanks for reports!

About accuracy, yes, it's a problem now. We'll do something about it. This happens because each category adds an error. I.e. you have 7 categories, and each category generated is 1 minute longer than needed - that means, the resulting playlist will be 7 minutes longer. I think we'll add some settings for accuracy, so resulting playlist wont' be much longer than expected.

Hi Djsoft,

Great to hear that about the Accuracy issue.
What about the Comment field not working?
When you nail that you will make my life a lot easier!.... :)

Regards
RBS

RBS said:
Can you also explain what the "Consider strings identical when matching for" Means?
For example, "Arash" string matches "Arash" by 100%. Because strings are absolutely identical.
"Ara" and "Arash" will be about 30-40% match.
"Arash feat. Someone" and "Arash" will be about 70% match.

So, if you set this to 50% and have "do not repeat artist feature" enabled, you won't have "Arash" track followed by "Arash feat. Someone" because those artists will be considered as same artist. But, if you set to 100%, this will be different artists.

Great,
Now I got it,
Thank you....It's a good feature. (Strings)

And great again, thanks for the Comment field update.

Regards
RBS

if each field generate an error of 1 minute exactly so every playlist must be 59 minute and not one hour i can say less then one hour and there will be no error

btw when it will be released new radioboss version stable and password protection for all main program and each part like scheduler

thank u .

1) The password protection, access levels are planned for a future RadioBOSS 4.5 release. We won't add any new features to current 4.4 version, because it'll delay the final release.

2) Playlist generator will be modified to improve accuracy. It'll do what radium98 said - decrease playlist length slightly, so result will be specified time +/- 2 minutes.

gd gd gd news :) keep working for the best and new release of the radioboss pro take yre time we are waiting witjh pleasant sir .

Hi Djsoft,

Just checking on the progress of PlgenPro, if the coment field issue is fixed, and the date of release of the updated version?

Again thanks for the good work, and best wishes for RB 4.4 release this week.
Regards
RBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back