Presales Questions

patlaw

We're looking for software for streaming a talk network. There are several requirements that must be met. Please let me know if RadoBOSS will do these.

[list type=decimal]
[*]Events must be able to start at exact times or at floating times, based on the program.
[*]The software must be able to turn off programs that are playing from the hard drive and enable the live input from the sound card. That is, replays stream 24/7, but from 9 until 11, the sound card input is enabled, and the replays are silent.
[*]If there is only one replay, it must repeat continuously unless it is stopped manually or by a timed event.
[/list]

I've spent a few minutes with the manual, but please point me in the direction to tell RadioBOSS how to enable the live input, as above.

• patlaw said:
    • Events must be able to start at exact times or at floating times, based on the program.
    Use the "Run scheduled launch without waiting for current track to finish" option to control if the event needs to start at exact time or when the current track ends.

patlaw said:
    • The software must be able to turn off programs that are playing from the hard drive and enable the live input from the sound card. That is, replays stream 24/7, but from 9 until 11, the sound card input is enabled, and the replays are silent.
    You can schedule the Line Input to play at specified time intervals.

patlaw said:
    • If there is only one replay, it must repeat continuously unless it is stopped manually or by a timed event.
    It works this way if you use the "Repeat Track" function (a button under the playlist window).

Read more about the Scheduler: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/scheduling_playback.htm

To set up line input: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/working_with_linear_input.htm

And to schedule line input: add scheduled event, use the Wizard (the yellow lighting bolt icon) and select the Play Line Input option.

Back