RadioBOSS 5.5 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheshunt Radio said:
WIN 10 Lastest update.  (Recent repair install)  RadioBoss 5.5.4 
I have noticed this only since the update to 5.5.4. All previous versions worked without issue.
There were no changed to TrackTool in the past few updates... I suppose the problem is somewhere else. Check what other 3rd party software you have installed, as it looks like some sort of conflict.

pety said:
Will RadioBOSS remember the changes for specific file types?
The played tracks if they belong to some file type will have the file type color.

djsoft said:
pety said:
Will RadioBOSS remember the changes for specific file types?
The played tracks if they belong to some file type will have the file type color.
Dmitriy it doesn't work.
Let me tell you why:

A) In Settings > File Types there is a section for customizing colors (font and backround) for individual files.

B) In Settings > View > Style there is a section which customize ALL played tracks, not individually

My friend has customized not only the color of the files but backround too (yellow, pink, blue etc., etc.). So, RadioBOSS has two rules for showing files in playlist:
  • one is particular for individual tracks which following to be play (different colors of the font and background)
  • another one which is general for tracks which had been played; that means that it is applied to all tracks.
Becouse in RadioBOSS 5.3 there is no option [Played track emphasizing] the tview tracks in playlist is not affected. So my friend who payed an update for RadioBOSS had to go back to that version.

A good solution will be a switch button or a checkbox to activate/deactivate [Played track emphasizing].

pety said:
A good solution will be a switch button or a checkbox to activate/deactivate [Played track emphasizing].
You can effectively turn off the "Played track emphasizing" feature if you select the same color (background and font) as you have selected for the "Playlist font".

For instance, select black font color for playlist font and for played track emphasizing, then you will have file type colors for played and non played tracks.

djsoft said:
pety said:
You can effectively turn off the "Played track emphasizing" feature if you select the same color (background and font) as you have selected for the "Playlist font".

For instance, select black font color for playlist font and for played track emphasizing, then you will have file type colors for played and non played tracks.
There are more colors (font and background) for individual tracks. Doesn't work.
It;s a BUG.

pety said:
djsoft said:
pety said:

There are more colors (font and background) for individual tracks. Doesn't work.
It;s a BUG.
Look at the image: there are a lot of colors for backround and there are a lot of colors for font for individual file type: https://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4651.0;attach=6453;image

Have you tried it, setting the same font and background color for "Playlist font" and "Played track emphasizing"? Please see the first picture attached.

The second picture shows the playlist - half of the tracks are played, and second half is not played, the colors (both background and font) are correct.

Attachments

• _1.png
    _1.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 461
  • _2.png
    _2.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 440
djsoft said:
Have you tried it, setting the same font and background color for "Playlist font" and "Played track emphasizing"? Please see the first picture attached.

The second picture shows the playlist - half of the tracks are played, and second half is not played, the colors (both background and font) are correct.
That is what I expect.
When I make reports I do make almost always a full report with images too.
I will give it another chance.
I have to talk with my friend to reinstall latest version of RB and to give him the instructions.

Update on the problem of the bar Intro disappears.
Recently wrote an application in Embarcadero Delphi, in which there is a panel which I modified its width by means of a timer. In some moments the width is zero. (and it makes not visible)

Sometimes then not appears more to restart the program. (as in RadioBOSS).

I think that could treat is of an error in the compiler

Yes, unfortunately, Delphi VCL has some bugs, even in the most recent versions. We report them but it takes time to fix them (some bugs stay unfixed for years). However, I've never seen the bug with Intro bar myself (or that changing the panel width to non-zero value makes its width zero).

From RadioBOSS code, I don't see how it can disappear, even theoretically, so it may well be the bug in Delphi.

If you have reliable way to reproduce it, you can report it to https://quality.embarcadero.com (or if you don't have an account there, you can send it to me and I'll report it).

So far I am satisfied with it, but ... palylist from the already played track is automatically you can delete and it would be nice to translate Hungarian language!

reepa said:
So far I am satisfied with it, but ... palylist from the already played track is automatically you can delete and it would be nice to translate Hungarian language!
You can enable the Queue mode to delete played tracks (right-click on a playlist tab). Hungarian language may be added in the future versions.

Hello Dmitry, I watched this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW_C6fZ7kaA) and has things much more elaborated for VoiceTrack and Sigue Editor. Some ideas that I highlight for future versions:
-In Sigue editor would be good that when you load music with voicetrack, load it in the position that is emitted the voicetrack (on the intro of the music)
-Mark the intros of the songs on waveform for a quick adjustment into Sigue editor.
-Moments in which the music is more it down and then up. (now only allowed FadeIn and FadeOut)
I like to have everything in one window (Voicetrack, Sigue Editor), Maybe you can add to a zone of work

Hello,

Loving the progress RadioBOSS is making recently :) I have a few things...

Firstly:
I noticed on the API now 'Wrong Password' has an associated error number E001...

a) Is there a list of all possible errors?
b) 'Nothing to do' does not have an error number. Will it have one? If not, maybe E000 if it's not in use? :)

Secondly, I noticed the activation of the product (I am still yet to purchase a license and using a trial version for testing) uses http and not https - are there plans to use SSL for this to make the process more secure?

Finally, in the event a network stream is being played, the behaviour at the moment is to go to the next track after it times out or gets an error. Is it possible to allow this behaviour to be changed, to either keep retrying or try X amount of times before continuing in the playlist?

Thanks in advance!

nelson c thanks for the suggestions, will be considered for the future versions. Although, segue editor and all manual features are not priority features for RadioBOSS, as the main point of the software always was and is - automated, unattended operation, with minimal manual intervention.

eddr said:
I noticed on the API now 'Wrong Password' has an associated error number E001...

a) Is there a list of all possible errors?
b) 'Nothing to do' does not have an error number. Will it have one? If not, maybe E000 if it's not in use? :)
Possible errors depend on the command you use. Currently there's only E001 IIRC :) Error code 0 usually means "success" so for the "Nothing to do" we should use code 2. I'll note that for the future.

eddr said:
Secondly, I noticed the activation of the product (I am still yet to purchase a license and using a trial version for testing) uses http and not https - are there plans to use SSL for this to make the process more secure?
It useS HTTPS first, but if that fails for some reason (e.g. ssl library can't be loaded), it falls back to HTTP.

eddr said:
Finally, in the event a network stream is being played, the behaviour at the moment is to go to the next track after it times out or gets an error. Is it possible to allow this behaviour to be changed, to either keep retrying or try X amount of times before continuing in the playlist?
It retries the streams that have the duration specified, please see this page for the details: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/stream_and_podcast_playback.htm

Hello,

Thanks for coming back to me on this  ;D.

So, a stream duration must be specified for it to be retried on connection failure - but what if you wanted it to play indefinitely but remain playing/retrying in the event of a failure?

Also unless I have missed something, there is no way to specify the duration when using the inserttrack API command?

Thanks

eddr said:
So, a stream duration must be specified for it to be retried on connection failure - but what if you wanted it to play indefinitely but remain playing/retrying in the event of a failure?
You can specify huge duration, like 1000 hours.

eddr said:
Also unless I have missed something, there is no way to specify the duration when using the inserttrack API command?
It's possible, add #N to the end of the URL to specify duration in seconds. For instance:
Code:
http://example.com:8000/ #60
- play stream for 60 seconds.

Hello, I just noticed a strange anomaly. Perhaps its a bug. When I go to the "Style" section under "View" in the Settings and select a colour for "Played track emphasizing" (for both font and background), I find that it is not effected if a file type has its own designated font and background colour. Interestingly, the "Selection colour" does work when you try to highlight that file type on the playlist, but not the "Played track emphasizing" colours after the file has played. It stays the same colour. I dunno if I'm making sense.

First I select a colour light blue for the file type "Music", which is light blue, as follows:

(4.1.jpg)

Then I go to the "Style" section under "View" in the Settings and select a colour for "Played track emphasizing" (for both font and background). I choose the colour gray for the background and black for text. For "Playing track emphasizing" I selected a red background and white bold text (of a large size).

3bd84
(3.1.jpg)

For the selection colour, I selected Fuchsia:

f08fe
(6.jpg)

So ideally, the background for unplayed songs in the playlist should be light blue (with black text), for played songs it should be gray (with black text), and for the playing song should be red (with white text). Meanwhile the song selected on the playlist should be Fuchsia (pink).

What I get is this:

ea1a9
(1.jpg)

As you can see,  the background for unplayed songs in the playlist is light blue, for played songs it stays light blue, and for the playing song it also stays light blue. The text is just emboldened, but in the wrong colour. Meanwhile the song selected on the playlist is Fuchsia (pink), as it should be.

When I change the file type for the played song and the playing song from "Music" to "Command" which is using default colour settings (I didn't alter it), THEN I see the changes I made being applied to the played song and playing song on the playlist:

38beb
(5.jpg)

So like I said earlier, what seems to happen is that when you go to the "Style" section under "View" in the Settings and select a colour for "Played track emphasizing" (for both font and background) or for "Playing track emphasizing", the changes are not effected if the file type in question has its own designated font and background colour that you happened to choose for it.

Attachments

• 4.1.jpg
    4.1.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 479
  • 3.1.jpg
    3.1.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 483
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 482
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG