RadioBOSS 5.6 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
djsoft said:
nelson c said:
The track that continues, is not a file type
The selected function should only affect the mix of the track, at the end of this track that follows.
(Because the continuous track is also a file type)
The priority here should be the transition point of the file type.(In this case 0.5 seconds)
Or am I missing something?
Everything works fine, if after this track "That is not a file type" continues another normal track, but fails to have another type of file
Currently file type setting "Override previous track mix point" has higher priority and it won't be changed. This setting allows to run commercials and be sure that they are not overlapped with music or jingle.
Exactly, that is the idea I have of this function.
In other words modifies the point of mixing of normal tracks, when it follows a track of this "file type"
But in the image that attached this by changing the point of mixing, the same type of file.

This example may be more easy:
-Music
-Jingle (file type)
-Music
-Jingle (file type)

with the option "Override previous track mix point", is should modify the mixing point by default, only in the music (for example the second song should apply this time to the mix, since continuous file type). But never change the time of mixture of the Jingle.
The image can be seen as the mixing time of the jingle, that should be 0.5, is actually 1.5

daveh said:
We have set a PC up on local broadcast
So far so good. I think this version is more stable than previous beta versions
We have noted most things that have been listed as issues
All good keep up the good work Dmitry
Thank you! Please let me know if you encounter any bugs, or see that something can be improved - the beta just started, and it's open to some minor modifications.

Cheshunt Radio said:
Andreskr said:
Hello, Help. I think I'm the only one who does not understand Automatic Teaser and hook points. Someone should make a video how to set it up correctly. Thanks you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWSLOE0tJQg&feature=youtu.be

This is just my suggested actions and is not official instructions:

RadioBoss Teaser feature:

1. Create a folder called TEASERS:

2. Create three NEW folders in the TEASERS folder and label them:
INTRO
TRANSITIONS
END

3. Place your audio files (Sweepers) into the INTRO folder. e.g  "Coming up in then next have hour", "Stay tuned to hear these great hits".  Place as many as you like as they will play randomly at the beginning of your TEASER segment.

4.Place your audio files into your TRANSITION folder.  e.g a "sound effect or  record spinback"

5. Place your audio files (sweepers) into the END folder that you wish your Teaser Segment to end with.  e.g.  "your station id" , "Stay tuned" , "Coming up next"

6.  Now you have all your audio files in the INTRO and END folders and sound effects (or Voice) in your TRANSITION folder, remember where you have saved them.  You will need to select these folders from the Teaser feature in RadioBOSS.

7. In RadioBOSS, you need to use TRACK TOOL to insert the HOOK START and HOOK END into the song.

8. Select a song from your playlist by right clicking it and then select TRACK TOOL.  Once TRACK TOOL is open and you can see your song, look to the right for HOOK IN and HOOK OUT. 

9. Simply click on the part of the song that is most recognisable, (the chorus), and at the start of it press SET "HOOK IN" ti insert the part where the Hook starts. Do the same for the end of the Chorus or the part you wish to use and click HOOK OUT. 

10. Ideally you want to select about 5 seconds of your TEASE.  Do this for all the tracks that you wish to include in your TEASER segment.

11.Close the TRACK TOOL

12. On the RadioBOSS menu bar, select PLAYLIST and scroll down to ADD TEASER

13. It will ask you to input the path for your INTRO, TRANSITION and END folders. The rest of the settings is up to your own preference.

14. Hit OK and RadioBoss will insert "TEASER" into your playlist.

If you chose to play 5 tracks then the output should be as follows:

INTRO - "Your INTRO File sweeper"  e.g "Coming up in the next half hour on XYX Radio"
5 seconds of the "HOOK"
TRANSITION file 
5 seconds of the "HOOK"
TRANSITION file 
5 seconds of the "HOOK"
TRANSITION file 
5 seconds of the "HOOK"
TRANSITION file 
5 seconds of the "HOOK"
END file  "Your END Sweeper" e.g "Stay tuned to the hottest station"

Hope that helps
Thanks for tutorial.

anderson clayton said:
Parab?ns pela nova fun??o TEASERS,radioboss esta gradativamente melhor obrigado djsoft
Please write in English, it will be easier to communicate :)

djsoft said:
anderson clayton said:
Parab?ns pela nova fun??o TEASERS,radioboss esta gradativamente melhor obrigado djsoft

Translation : Congratulations on the new TEASERS function. RadioBOSS is progressing well! Thanks djsoft

pety said:
Cheshunt Radio said:
Andreskr said:
Hello, Help. I think I'm the only one who does not understand Automatic Teaser and hook points. Someone should make a video how to set it up correctly. Thanks you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWSLOE0tJQg&feature=youtu.be

This is just my suggested actions and is not official instructions:

RadioBoss Teaser feature:

1. Create a folder called TEASERS:

2. Create three NEW folders in the TEASERS folder and label them:
INTRO
TRANSITIONS
END

3. Place your audio files (Sweepers) into the INTRO folder. e.g  "Coming up in then next have hour", "Stay tuned to hear these great hits".  Place as many as you like as they will play randomly at the beginning of your TEASER segment.

4.Place your audio files into your TRANSITION folder.  e.g a "sound effect or  record spinback"

5. Place your audio files (sweepers) into the END folder that you wish your Teaser Segment to end with.  e.g.  "your station id" , "Stay tuned" , "Coming up next"

6.  Now you have all your audio files in the INTRO and END folders and sound effects (or Voice) in your TRANSITION folder, remember where you have saved them.  You will need to select these folders from the Teaser feature in RadioBOSS.

7. In RadioBOSS, you need to use TRACK TOOL to insert the HOOK START and HOOK END into the song.

8. Select a song from your playlist by right clicking it and then select TRACK TOOL.  Once TRACK TOOL is open and you can see your song, look to the right for HOOK IN and HOOK OUT. 

9. Simply click on the part of the song that is most recognisable, (the chorus), and at the start of it press SET "HOOK IN" ti insert the part where the Hook starts. Do the same for the end of the Chorus or the part you wish to use and click HOOK OUT. 

10. Ideally you want to select about 5 seconds of your TEASE.  Do this for all the tracks that you wish to include in your TEASER segment.

11.Close the TRACK TOOL

12. On the RadioBOSS menu bar, select PLAYLIST and scroll down to ADD TEASER

13. It will ask you to input the path for your INTRO, TRANSITION and END folders. The rest of the settings is up to your own preference.

14. Hit OK and RadioBoss will insert "TEASER" into your playlist.

If you chose to play 5 tracks then the output should be as follows:

INTRO - "Your INTRO File sweeper"  e.g "Coming up in the next half hour on XYX Radio"
5 seconds of the "HOOK"
TRANSITION file 
5 seconds of the "HOOK"
TRANSITION file 
5 seconds of the "HOOK"
TRANSITION file 
5 seconds of the "HOOK"
TRANSITION file 
5 seconds of the "HOOK"
END file  "Your END Sweeper" e.g "Stay tuned to the hottest station"

Hope that helps
Thanks for tutorial.

You are more than welcome Pety.  Hope it helps!

I just how much a problem that will arise with the database, when you use 5.6 to the air.
I use a pc network to generate the playlist Playlist Generator Pro. The preset, use rating, last playing, etc.
Do I can do to that Playlist Generator pro use the database of another team? a folder in network?

anderson clayton said:
Cheshunt Radio said:
djsoft said:
anderson clayton said:
Translation : Congratulations on the new TEASERS function. RadioBOSS is progressing well! Thanks djsoft
obrigado pela tradu??o
I'm glad you like the new features :) Feel free to post any suggestions if you see that something can be improved.

nelson c said:
I just how much a problem that will arise with the database, when you use 5.6 to the air.
I use a pc network to generate the playlist Playlist Generator Pro. The preset, use rating, last playing, etc.
Do I can do to that Playlist Generator pro use the database of another team? a folder in network?
Currently there's no easy way to share the database on the network... We may consider adding a config option to set database file location, so that you can use shared network folder to access it (but it shouldn't be used for playback as network can create a delay).

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
Currently there's no easy way to share the database on the network... We may consider adding a config option to set database file location, so that you can use shared network folder to access it (but it shouldn't be used for playback as network can create a delay).
That's a good idea
The base data in air (in a shared location) pc, and another would use only pc database for playlist gen pro
nelson c said:
djsoft said:
nelson c said:
The track that continues, is not a file type
The selected function should only affect the mix of the track, at the end of this track that follows.
(Because the continuous track is also a file type)
The priority here should be the transition point of the file type.(In this case 0.5 seconds)
Or am I missing something?
Everything works fine, if after this track "That is not a file type" continues another normal track, but fails to have another type of file
Currently file type setting "Override previous track mix point" has higher priority and it won't be changed. This setting allows to run commercials and be sure that they are not overlapped with music or jingle.
Exactly, that is the idea I have of this function.
In other words modifies the point of mixing of normal tracks, when it follows a track of this "file type"
But in the image that attached this by changing the point of mixing, the same type of file.

-Music
-Jingle (file type)
-Music
-Jingle (file type)

with the option "Override previous track mix point", is should modify the mixing point by default, only in the music (for example the second song should apply this time to the mix, since continuous file type). But never change the time of mixture of the Jingle.
The image can be seen as the mixing time of the jingle, that should be 0.5, is actually 1.5
any idea about because this happens?

nelson c said:
-Music
-Jingle (file type)
-Music
-Jingle (file type)

So the "Jingle" here has the "Override previous track mix" set? I think you should create a separate topic about it and provide more details - it will be easier to discuss there.

nelson c said:
That's a good idea
The base data in air (in a shared location) pc, and another would use only pc database for playlist gen pro
I think this setting will be added in one of the next updates.

RadioBOSS 5.6.0.1

Changes:
- Teasers improved: better AutoHook detection, removed gaps
- Fixed a bug where teaser feature can hang or crash RadioBOSS
- Add Teaser from scheduler wizard (Automatic Announcement)
- Teaser log is saved to \Log folder for diagnostics
- Improved scheduled events logging
- Fixed music library crash when adding files and on other occasions
- Alt+4 hot key to edit item in the playlist
- Fixed: ampersand symbol was not displayed in different areas of the program
- Fixed notepad translation error
- Fixed several UI bugs

Download: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_beta_5.6.0.1.exe

Is it safe to use a Beta key for air?
Or it is likely that the program will go into trial mode and stop broadcasting audio

Two of my pc does not show the grid correctly. (Could be my monitor)
The grid is invisible here

Edit: changing the background color by default see the grid

Attachments

• Sin t?tulo.png
    Sin t?tulo.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 408
It would be good to show the player when a VoiceTrack play.
A speaker may speak about the intro and overlap with the voicetrack if you don't know that it exists.

Other software have a unique place in the interface for this, showing the time remaining for that start, and the opportunity to cancel it.
Would be very good to something like this

I attached an image with an idea to copy the point of the intro to the voicetrack point

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 423
  • 2.png
    2.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 472
  • Sin t?tulo.png
    Sin t?tulo.png
    725.1 KB · Views: 442
djsoft said:
nelson c said:
I tried it two or three times and in one the entire program freezes completely. (The window was open)
If it happens again, please wait for the "freeze" message box to pop up and then send the bug report.

nelson c said:
Are inserted automatically always this track is playing?
Yes.

nelson c said:
What happens when using witch Teasers?
Teasers do not play voiceovers.

nelson c said:
The duration in autohoot by default is disabled. (When you have the window and autohoot this enabled)
I think that you it's a bug.
Yes, it's a UI bug - will be fixed in the next update.
Maybe this development queue. But just in case I inform that it is still present  :)

Please, could you ADD "CATEGORIES" in the "MUSIC LIBRARY", for me it's just a non-sense to import audio files just by selecting a folder from your Hard drive... it seems more logical to me to Add audio files from you hard drive into created "categories" and then import them in Music Library... when you schedule an hour you use categories right ? so why theses same audio files aren't sorted by CATEGORIES also in the Music Library ? seems more logical for me... No ?

Also, why not implementing the TUNEIN API, so that Radio Boss could send Metadata to TuneIn ? they will give you the code on demand... and it brings a lots of new listeners...

nelson c said:
Is it safe to use a Beta key for air?
Or it is likely that the program will go into trial mode and stop broadcasting audio
I've sent you an email ("RadioBOSS key") with details about it.

nelson c said:
Two of my pc does not show the grid correctly. (Could be my monitor)
The grid is invisible here

Edit: changing the background color by default see the grid
On the screenshot the grid is visible. It will not be visible if "contrast" setting on monitor is too high - that makes grey color appear as white, and it becomes invisible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back