RadioBOSS 5.7 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelson c

Active member
nelson c said:
Dmitry I have the following doubt: What happens to clues that have a voicetrack? AutoIntro is omitted?.
I just tried it and it overlaps. Serious problem. I think the Intro should be omitted when there is a voicetrack

 

nelson c

Active member
Bug: Recently on a track with the following configuration (see picture) AutoIntro was reproduced on the half of the track. About 2 minutes after I finished the intro.



 

Attachments

  • Sin t?tulo.png
    Sin t?tulo.png
    68 KB · Views: 323

southernfm

Member
Does anyone else have issues where a loaded playlist sometimes doesn't play from the first track? One of our studios jumps to the 2nd or 3rd last track in the list, so sometimes it plays a couple of tracks and then goes to silence.

I'm not sure how to re-create it though, I've tried on our main computer and it seems okay on that one. One studio does it pretty frequently though.
 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
nelson c said:
Exactly I want to identify the successful new ones to use an exclusive file for them.
Filters may be added in the later updates - I think currently it should be possible to use the "Condition" to filter the tracks. Auto Intro rules are applied from top to bottom, as they appear in the list, so you can prioritize the rules by rearranging them in the list.

nelson c said:
I was testing the feature all day and in some cases the shift is greater than 3 or 4 seconds. It happens infrequently. I think there is a bug out there. I still can not pinpoint if it's always with the same clues or it's random
Yes, there indeed was a positional bug - the next version should fix (or, at least, improve) things.

nelson c said:
Dmitry I have the following doubt: What happens to clues that have a voicetrack? AutoIntro is omitted?.
It does not consider voice tracks. So it will play both.

nelson c said:
It will be possible to add an option to amplify the AutoIntro, like the file types?. In some very strong songs the Intro is heard very slowly
It lowers down the music while auto intro is being played. It currently uses voice track settings (Settings->Fading).
 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
nelson c said:
I just tried it and it overlaps. Serious problem. I think the Intro should be omitted when there is a voicetrack
Yes, you're right.

nelson c said:
Bug: Recently on a track with the following configuration (see picture) AutoIntro was reproduced on the half of the track. About 2 minutes after I finished the intro.
Please test it in the newer version (when it comes out) - the bug should be fixed there.

southernfm said:
Does anyone else have issues where a loaded playlist sometimes doesn't play from the first track? One of our studios jumps to the 2nd or 3rd last track in the list, so sometimes it plays a couple of tracks and then goes to silence.
Are there any error messages in the log? Can you please post a screenshot of the main window when this happened?
 

nelson c

Active member
djsoft said:
It will be possible to add an option to amplify the AutoIntro, like the file types?. In some very strong songs the Intro is heard very slowly
It lowers down the music while auto intro is being played. It currently uses voice track settings (Settings->Fading).
I'm going to prove how it works. I was using VoiceTrack as AutoIntro before this function comes out. The amplification could be done easily with a file type. And I could easily filter a "hit" since I inserted the voicetrack from a category in PlayList Gen Pro.
But this feature is more suitable for this.
 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
nelson c said:
I'm going to prove how it works. I was using VoiceTrack as AutoIntro before this function comes out. The amplification could be done easily with a file type.
Yes, file types allows amplification, but there are many cases when it's undesirable (technical and legal issues). Please try how the "Attenuate music while voice track is being played" works for you - it will lower the music while Auto Intro is playing.
 

nelson c

Active member
I try but I'm not happy with the results  :(. If I set a value below 8 dB, the volume change is very brux. And if not, the voice is not strongly insulated from the music and goes to the background.
In voice track you have set the background in 5dbi and the voicetrack in 3 dbi of amplification. And this was well-known
 

southernfm

Member
djsoft said:
Are there any error messages in the log? Can you please post a screenshot of the main window when this happened?

I don't have errors to show. I'll take a screenshot next time I see this take place and I'll post it here.
 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
nelson c said:
I try but I'm not happy with the results  . If I set a value below 8 dB, the volume change is very brux.
There's another parameter that sets the speed of volume change - "fade".

nelson c said:
In voice track you have set the background in 5dbi and the voicetrack in 3 dbi of amplification.
It'll sound exactly the same but a bit louder... I think the better solution would be to add separate fading options for auto intro, both for the auto intro itself and for music when it plays. Noted for the future versions.
 

nelson c

Active member
djsoft said:
I think the better solution would be to add separate fading options for auto intro, both for the auto intro itself and for music when it plays. Noted for the future versions.
I agree. ;)
In the configurations for AutoIntro having an option of "amplification" would be more than desirable.
It is in the only function of the program that file types can not be used.

I have not tried the result yet, modifying the FadeIn and FadeOut times, but I do not think they give a good result. (I think it will be noticed when the volume is raised and lowered). So far with VoiceTrack the volume was lowered very little (hardly noticed) and the voicetrack played 3 dB stronger. To maintain that relationship, I should lower 3 dbi plus the music, and this I think will be very noticeable.
 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
For now, you can try preparing your auto intros - level them up. The next update will take into account the "Playback level" setting in the Track Tool (as well as some other flags).
 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
RadioBOSS 5.7.0.4 beta

Changes:
- Auto Intro is skipped for tracks that belong to any user defined file types, for any special items (DTMF generator, text to speech etc) and for voice tracks
- Auto Intro: shows remaining autointro jingle time in the now playing section
- Scheduler command to enable and disable autointro rules
- Fixed display error for some languages
- Fixed log size reset after minimize
- Fixed translation errors
- Updated user manual

Download: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_beta_5.7.0.4.exe
 

southernfm

Member
djsoft said:
RadioBOSS 5.7.0.4 beta

If there is more than 1 playlist/player - the 'non' active playlist won't do continuous 'start time'. The 'playing time left' is not updated until the playlist becomes the 'active' playlist.
 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
southernfm said:
If there is more than 1 playlist/player - the 'non' active playlist won't do continuous 'start time'. The 'playing time left' is not updated until the playlist becomes the 'active' playlist.
Yes, the playing time left shows the remaining time in the playing playlist, that's by design. Start time calc should work - we'll check what's wrong there.
 

radioena

New member
5.7 is definitely an improvement. Is there a way of separately adjusting the overlap coming out of a Teaser (at end) with the next playlist item? Also, can't seem to have teaser look ahead to next 5 tracks (Shuffle is off).
 
BUG

Under the playlist is the Track Information Section. This displays information that I usually input using Track Tool. 

When I directly enter text for example Comments, into the Track Information Section and save it the text disappears.  If I open Track tool the text is there but does not appear in the Track Information Section.

 

Attachments

  • RADIOBOOSS INFO.png
    RADIOBOOSS INFO.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 250
djsoft said:
- Auto Intro is skipped for tracks that belong to any user defined file types, for any special items (DTMF generator, text to speech etc) and for voice tracks
I have my music tracks defined as "Music" in file types.  Could this explain why I can't seem to get Auto Intro to function except for just one track where if works perfectly.

EDIT:
Auto Intro seems to work only if I set to Fade in.  I want the intro to End at Intro but I am not achieving this. 
 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
radioena said:
5.7 is definitely an improvement. Is there a way of separately adjusting the overlap coming out of a Teaser (at end) with the next playlist item?
You can create a file type for teaser (with teaser=) identifier and then set up custom crossfade settings for it. The overlap is controlled by the Mix setting.

radioena said:
Also, can't seem to have teaser look ahead to next 5 tracks (Shuffle is off).
Are there any error messages? It could be that following tracks are filtered out - see the Filters settings for teasers.

Michael G said:
When I directly enter text for example Comments, into the Track Information Section and save it the text disappears.  If I open Track tool the text is there but does not appear in the Track Information Section.
Did you enable the "Cache tags" option?

Michael G said:
I have my music tracks defined as "Music" in file types.   Could this explain why I can't seem to get Auto Intro to function except for just one track where if works perfectly.
Yes, that could be the reason. Currently auto intro ignores all file types. It appears that one track doesn't fall under the "Music" file type, and therefore it has auto into. Why using custom file type for music tracks by the way?

Michael G said:
I want the intro to End at Intro but I am not achieving this. 
It will only work if a track has Intro point set. For tracks without intro point, it will not work.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top